whats the law on this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every **** other **** word **** makes **** your **** posts **** very **** hard **** to **** follow. I *** would **** think *** that **** you **** should **** be **** able **** to **** put **** two **** words **** together **** without **** both *** or **** one **** of **** them **** being **** a **** curse **** word.

You're not on the loading dock. Clean up the language or hit the road.

chev

Nightcrawler
Does freight have the same problem we have? A lack of load retaining devices or load retainers not placed properly? We have serious problems with load retainers not being put up on the parcel side here.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear king

I would suggest that in the spirit of the season, we keep you at the dock, instead of on the streets.

I figure with your language skills, you are doing way more damage out on the street than you could ever do at the dock.

As for your obvious lack of skills with the American language, I guess that makes you tough?

Get a clue. Only thing around here that will get you is banned.

When you get a civil mouth, we will continue the conversation.

d

Kingpin13

lol this :censored2: just said the \"american language\" i guess im fluent in american and didnt even know it spanish is my first language ill cuss you out in 2 different languages and will still be here no matter what, a ban dont do **** i been IP banned for weeks its easy as **** to get around so ill be back no matter how many times they ban me

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We are so proud of you!

我们为您很感到骄傲!
Wij zijn zo trots van u!
Wir sind auf Sie so stolz!
Nous sommes si fiers de vous !
Είμαστε τόσο υπερήφανοι σας!
私達はあなたのとても自慢している!
Мы настолько самолюбивы вас!
Diga adiós. Usted es demasiado estúpido de aprender.

Best

d

New Englander

lol this :censored2: just said the "american language" i guess im fluent in american and didnt even know it spanish is my first language ill cuss you out in 2 different languages and will still be here no matter what, a ban dont do **** i been IP banned for weeks its easy as **** to get around so ill be back no matter how many times they ban me

Wow.....You are a donkey for sure!

satellitedriver

lol this :censored2: just said the "american language" i guess im fluent in american and didnt even know it spanish is my first language ill cuss you out in 2 different languages and will still be here no matter what, a ban dont do **** i been IP banned for weeks its easy as **** to get around so ill be back no matter how many times they ban me
kingpin,
you ban yourself, no matter which phony IP or avatar you use.
Brown Cafe is a community of people with vastly different opinions, but, one thing that will not be tolerated, or welcomed, is personal attacks and foul language.
It seems to just be a game to you.
Have you ever considered why you have been banned?
So, play or contribute.
Your choice.

Hmmmm, is the location of your work area in another country? Most of us here, not all but most, are in America so we prefer to use the American language, which is a derivative of the English language.
By your posts it sure seems that rather than follow the rules, both here and at work, you want to circumvent them to get away with foul language and self degradation. I'll be the first to claim that a timely expletive can help drive the point to a realistic and understandable meaning, however the over use of "colorful" language simply makes conversation a problematic exercise in futility.

Oh and by the way, it's very difficult to know you are fluent in any language when you are, in fact, not.

bluehdmc

I don't get it. The original poster asked a simple question: Could he be charged for damaged freight? No one has really answered his question, everyone jumped on his case for: 1) pranks, 2) pallets being loaded incorrectly, 3) his language, (but he wasn't the first one to use *****). Anyway, if the dockworkers are anything like the loaders in parcel, it's the exception rather than the rule that they use load bars or retaining straps. I really hate to get a trailer with swinging doors, you open the doors and get attacked.
Another problem seems to be customer's using a box with a 30lb burst rating, packing 29lbs in it and expecting it to hold together getting thrown around by loaders/unloaders, sliding down chutes, or falling out of the trailer when the driver opens the barn doors.

Just my $.02

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
There is a difference in asking a question, and demanding an answer.

As for his question, there is no way us poor parcel people would know, because he is in a totally different setting. So for the most part, any postings that would give an answer would be conjecture.

That is why i recommended that he post it in the proper forum. That way he would speak to others that actually have first hand knowledge of the situation.

Which brings me to the last point, he was not really interested in getting an answer, he was wanting responses to his post. And that is what he got.

d

Kingpin Uh Oh

of course i wanted an answer u dumb **** why else do u ask a question besides wanting answers?

and i did say what is the LAW on this didnt i? im pretty sure that federal and state laws apply to parcel drivers just as much as they apply to freight drivers, which means this includes everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can anyone please explain why in the world UPS decided to get into the freight business?Looks like we inherited someone elses headache.

This will turn out to be a wise business investment which will become profitable for UPS in due time as more and more businesses decide to use one carrier for all of their shipping.

bluehdmc

As far as the law goes, they cannot deduct anything from your paycheck except taxes, social security, unemployment, etc. When you join the union you authorize the dues deduction. For them to deduct damages, etc. you'd have to authorize it. If they just took the money out, you could go to the wage and hour division and lodge a complaint.
It really sounds like they are blowing smoke up you collective *sses, of course you should try to keep the damages down. If something broke on the truck how could they prove it was the drivers fault or the loaders, or improperly packed by the shipper?

BrownSuit

As far as the law goes, they cannot deduct anything from your paycheck except taxes, social security, unemployment, etc. When you join the union you authorize the dues deduction. For them to deduct damages, etc. you'd have to authorize it. If they just took the money out, you could go to the wage and hour division and lodge a complaint.
It really sounds like they are blowing smoke up you collective *sses, of course you should try to keep the damages down. If something broke on the truck how could they prove it was the drivers fault or the loaders, or improperly packed by the shipper?

That is unless the contract that was signed, but sadly likely unread by this individual, contained a provision that could open the door for employees to be responsible for damages. Just to keep it in perspective there are confirmed reports that other carriers are doing this along with wage concessions to reduce damages and costs.While a large number of damages do occur because of lack of load support, these are issues that should not be occuring in the Freight division. Braces should be available along with platforms to allow for more Freight without double stacking. If this is not the case, I would address it with your terminal manager.Any damages resulting from customer load concerns would not be paid anyway and the company would not lose money from these.As for the attacks on the poster, they are very agressive and should be toned down, but based on other threads I don't think they are out of line and are pertitent to this discussion as some damages occur because of employee misconduct.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You mention that there are other carriers that are getting wage concessions to offset damages? How does that work?

I would understand having to pay for one because of stupidity or gross negligence. We do that now for improper DR and accepting the wrong type of tender for a COD.

But to get pay consessions.......

d

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
I don't know the answer to the original question, but I do have a comment to add.

In general, when loading trailers, load retainers RARELY get put up, and if they do, it's almost more for show than anything else, just so if the trailer gets audited, they can say it was there. I don't know anything about the freight side of our business, but if it's anything like loading feeders, I can easily see how people don't do the job they're supposed to do, resulting in damages in several different ways.