What's the worst delivery you've made?

Est.1998

Seems more like an opportunity than a horror story. What’s she weighing in at?
Life gives you lemons and you not only make lemonade, you use the zest for recipes, juice for disinfecting and cleaning, and you cut the lemons in cute shapes for garnish.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I have a funny story.......I was making a delivery to house out in the country,back up the driveway and I go to the side door.I get to the door and knock I hear the man inside say “I’ll be there in a minute “...So I wait for him.Bad mistake the older fellow comes to the door with a buttoned up shirt tucked into his whitey tighty’s and his freakin nuts were hanging out,lol.So I was like nut to meet you,I mean nice to meet you.Next day I had a delivery for the same house thought to myself I will back up driveway drop off package and take off.Well it worked customer was not inside the house I was like sweet I do not have to see him,wrong he was working in his garden in the side yard and for some reason all I could think about was his old sagging nuts.

@rod lives on your route?[/QUOTE]

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
School on my route orders about 50 to 60 boxes of textbooks each about 50lbs each. No dock of course. Handcart....Two double glass doors that have you stuck in the first small vestibule in the most awkward way after you open the first door. If you overfill the cart you will not make it thru the vestibule because after opening the first door you have to position the handcart at a special angle so you can open the next door to get in. Oh, and you can't prop open the doors. Security has to buzz you in... every....single....time.

After the first time, secretary gives me a heads up on when the textbooks will be arriving. I take my vacation now during that time and the split drivers that cover hate me.
Surprised there wasn't a maintenance area or "dock" you could have been directed to. I mean the custodian has to have an area they can get in and out of the bldg right?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I have a funny story.......I was making a delivery to house out in the country,back up the driveway and I go to the side door.I get to the door and knock I hear the man inside say “I’ll be there in a minute “...So I wait for him.Bad mistake the older fellow comes to the door with a buttoned up shirt tucked into his whitey tighty’s and his freakin nuts were hanging out,lol.So I was like nut to meet you,I mean nice to meet you.Next day I had a delivery for the same house thought to myself I will back up driveway drop off package and take off.Well it worked customer was not inside the house I was like sweet I do not have to see him,wrong he was working in his garden in the side yard and for some reason all I could think about was his old sagging nuts.
Who says driver can't suffer from PTSD?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
@MECH-lifts worst day was when I had to pee so bad that I couldn’t wait another second. I pulled up to my next commercial delivery and opened my bulkhead door and slammed it behind me. I started getting my pee bottle ready and started relieving myself. All went ok until my hand must have hit the key fob and my bulkhead door popped wide open. The delivery lady was standing outside my truck door and saw my giant hog...they give me weird smiles ever since that day.
🧔✊

over9five

Staff member
Long ago as a young, buff, handsome package car driver....
I had a delivery for the town skank, signature required. She comes to the door in only a dirty tshirt.
Proceeds to sit down on the step to sign, knees now up to her shoulders.
I saw far more than I needed to see that day...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I had a delivery for the town skank, signature required. She comes to the door in only a dirty tshirt.
Next time tell my sister I says hi.

As they where you took your break everyday?

BuriedInCardboard

Not a delivery but a pick up.

had to pick up a 125 40lb boxes from a residential ODU. Filled up the little 500 I was in. Fortunately it was my last stop of the day. But I was dead tired afterwards.

GenericUsername

I had a lady today tell me that she wishes one day I would surprise her with my legs shaved. Her husband was in the garage about 10 feet away and didn't even lift his head when she said it. Just awkward.

Not a delivery but a pick up.

had to pick up a 125 40lb boxes from a residential ODU. Filled up the little 500 I was in. Fortunately it was my last stop of the day. But I was dead tired afterwards.
Did the customer at least helped you load?

I recently did a residential pick up (apartment was 500 ft from truck) had about 20 80lbs (oversized) packages. The customers (yes, 3 people) appeared to be gymrats but only watched me load to the dolly then walk to truck and load it into the truck. Had to make 10 trips without any help from them. I wouldn't be so bitter if they'd at least offer me a bottle of water.

Est.1998

Did the customer at least helped you load?

I recently did a residential pick up (apartment was 500 ft from truck) had about 20 80lbs (oversized) packages. The customers (yes, 3 people) appeared to be gymrats but only watched me load to the dolly then walk to truck and load it into the truck. Had to make 10 trips without any help from them. I wouldn't be so bitter if they'd at least offer me a bottle of water.
I had a pickup from an apt where the guy thought it was a good idea to ship all his clothes, dishes, etc... via UPS, instead of using a moving truck, to his new residence. Had to be about 10 hard cased suit cases, and 5 duffle bags with the label taped to the sides. I said to myself, ain't no way any of these will make it to his house. The tape that held the label to the pkgs was already coming loose.

Whither

Scofflaw
All of your stories pale in comparison to having even ONE leaky ColoGard return.💩:sick:
Once met a fussy customer at an on-call pickup, was well within the time window, and ofc it was ColoGard. Was irritated by her, so as I walked away I replied "Well, I'm glad you at least taped it well, 'cause I know what's in there."