Whats the worst stop in your building?

Bob11B

The worst stop here is actually a couple stops on one street. It’s a single lane, two way street with cars parked on both sides and it’s always busy (mostly people cutting traffic from the Main Street it’s attached to). There is never anywhere to park and every day at least six houses on this block get crap from Amazon. I have to park on a side street and walk it off.

A lot of the people there like to order heavy crap, so I’m forced to block this street to deliver an irreg. Before I can even whip out my handtruck I’ve got people pulling up giving me the stink eye. I get honked at and confronted on the regular, “YOU CANT DO THAT YOU GOTTA MOVE!”

I typically ignore them but sometimes I’ll just tell them to call the cops. It shuts them up.
You just described every residential on my route... “you can’t park there!!!” “I just did”

WTFm8

Nope I’m not waiting. Back up to the wall through door and cart it in.

This. Have done it a few times at Walmart. Sometimes they’ll have a small rollup for them to take the compacted cardboard bails out and I’ll park at that. Start stacking on the ground inside the door and see how many packages I can place till someone brings a skid or 2 and helps.

Atemoe

Yet you troll around here on Browncafe. Just make sure when you deliver my Grubhub sandwich that it is hot and fresh. I'll make sure to Venmo you a 7% tip.

I'm not really trolling, although it may look like it. 4 years ago, I was on this site quite a bit when I was at UPS. I still know a lot of good guys that work there. I also quit UPS and started working for the state. I make more money with better benefits and have more time off. I definitely don't regret leaving. I worked there for 12 years. My time at UPS was good but the job was a body and life killer. I still like reading the posts here on BC because I have a good sense of nostalgia about my time there. I was just posting about what the worst stop that I had was. I do appreciate your opinion though. I'm sure your 7% tip will come in handy though one day.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I'm not really trolling, although it may look like it. 4 years ago, I was on this site quite a bit when I was at UPS. I still know a lot of good guys that work there. I also quit UPS and started working for the state. I make more money with better benefits and have more time off. I definitely don't regret leaving. I worked there for 12 years. My time at UPS was good but the job was a body and life killer. I still like reading the posts here on BC because I have a good sense of nostalgia about my time there. I was just posting about what the worst stop that I had was. I do appreciate your opinion though. I'm sure your 7% tip will come in handy though one day.
You make 100k or more per year with 7 weeks of Vacation working for the State?

summersaltstains

Walmart is definitely the worst. The one where I deliver to has 3 bay doors and they only use one for all shipments coming in. After multiple occasions of them telling me that there is no one available to take the shipment and that I'll have to come back later, I finally got fed up one day and sheeted 50 packages as refused, didn't want. After that incident they seem to always have someone to take my deliveries now. Sometimes I have to wait in line because they only use one bay door, but at least they take the delivery. Multi billion dollar company....ONE bay door for deliveries.....SMH...
Your boss didn't make you go back and deliver them? I tried to skip a Target pickup after waiting at the dock for 45 minutes but they wouldn't let me.

Atemoe

You make 100k or more per year with 7 weeks of Vacation working for the State?
Yeah, my salary is $7500 a month. With over time, it's a whole lot more. I also get $150 a month for education. I get 13 hours a month for vacation and 1 day of sick time a month. 2 personal holidays a year and ITO time. We have a good union and there our plenty of other great benefits too. Medical and free dental and vision. UPS was good but it's definitely not one of the top jobs out here in this state.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Yeah, my salary is $7500 a month. With over time, it's a whole lot more. I also get $150 a month for education. I get 13 hours a month for vacation and 1 day of sick time a month. 2 personal holidays a year and ITO time. We have a good union and there our plenty of other great benefits too. Medical and free dental and vision. UPS was good but it's definitely not one of the top jobs out here in this state.
Do you work with @ColdHarvest?

Atemoe

Salary and you get OT for a state job?
As much OT as I want. The Ca Dept of corrections gives it to me if I want it or not. I can sign up for an extra 8 hours a day. Or I can get held to it. I do swaps, meaning I work three 8 hour shifts and one 16 hour shift. I get 3 days off a week. I'm no overtime hog, but some of my partners have made close to $145,000. It's a great job, where I can work from San Diego up to Oregon. And from San Francisco all the way to Nevada. I hate California so I am thinking about moving to Arizona and commuting to work. But I do understand not everyone wants to work in a prison. That's why you can do the parole thing too.

Van Dyke Recycling

35-75 metal tubes @ 69.9 pounds each
Between 4-6 feet long
All with rubber gaskets
No pallets or carts to use, just the hand truck
Fight for the freight elevator
Freight elevator is a 7 minute round trip from the 3rd floor

We "won" this pick up from FedEx... absolute joy when I cover that route

MrBates

Van Dyke Recycling

35-75 metal tubes @ 69.9 pounds each
Between 4-6 feet long
All with rubber gaskets
No pallets or carts to use, just the hand truck
Fight for the freight elevator
Freight elevator is a 7 minute round trip from the 3rd floor

We "won" this pick up from FedEx... absolute joy when I cover that route

I imagine hand trucking that must be quite a sight.