Whats up with Walmart?

Our WM freight has increased our load by at least 25%. On a rt where I have 65 rural stops on a heavy day (that's a 10-12hr rt) I now have 80. It seems to be slacking off just a little now tho.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Do any of you guys have a WM distribution center near you? A W700 used to be enough to do the daily pickup, now the ramp is sending a 53' truck straight there and bulking it out.

::edit:: This is for one that I know about in CO. Anybody have any idea how many distribution centers there are around the country?
Our WM distribution center went from a 700, to 16 trailers a day. THEY load the trailers and they're sent directly to the hub for offload. Fedex only becomes responsible AFTER our first scan. And they're Express because Ground can't guarantee 2-day delivery countrywide.

It will be fine

So is ground, but if it's going 2 day I'm pretty sure it's mostly going express
We've always gotten tons of it. There's been a noticeable uptick of it on Saturdays. As Walmart integrates with Jet I imagine a lot more of it will get in the Ground network as they begin to better anticipate orders and stock their DCs better.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Apparently UPS is getting WM freight also. I thought we were the only ones

Yay, I found UPS, FedEx express, USPS, and me going to the same house today!!!

Each one of us left one box each, LoL...

Finally caught up with the blizzard fiasco, so I am not bricking out as much, got done at a decent time this Saturday @ 1630...whew

IMG_20170325_164720.jpg

Every day looked like a Tetris game for the past 2 weeks

IMG_20170323_075556.jpg

Thank goodness I preload them to go in a straight line mode, not following OrioN trace 100%

Star B

White Lightening
So is ground, but if it's going 2 day I'm pretty sure it's mostly going express
Okay, I thought FedEx (Express/Ground) was the only ones getting it.

I've seen ground Walmart, but then we have a distribution center an hour away and a major ground hub 2 hours or so. So, it's tots feasible that local 2-day freight is coming out of there and going to ground to get trucked back this way. (one overnight to make it to the hub, daysort, then via linehaul the next overnight back to the station for delivery on day#2)

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Kudos to OrioN for securing the load!

Hehehe, nah man, it's sorta common sense to keep my load away from the rear barn door GLASS ( dunno wtf my subcontractor was thinking with this van ~ metal skinned doors,yo!)

Shelves, who needs 'em???

I have seen an Amazon driver with the low roof version of this Ford transit cargo van & a package has blown thru the rear glass when he accelerated, LoL

I'm in a rural area and experienced a dirt road with "washboard grooves" for the first time... so my cargo is strapped down

Ps, it would be fun to see a bricked out express freighter too

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Alot of the walmart stuff isn't even labelled as being from walmart, the only give away is the shipper release number(its the same on a ton of packages, with different shippers)

They are shipping a ton of it directly from suppliers' warehouses and distribution centers.