Whats up with Walmart?

It will be fine

If doesn't look like the ship to store discounts are going to be a whole lot. Most of the items people will only save 1% They are giving larger discounts on the heavier items which sounds great to me. Maybe this will make a dent in the ridiculous oversized garbage we haul, but I'm not holding my breath.

MAKAVELI

If doesn't look like the ship to store discounts are going to be a whole lot. Most of the items people will only save 1% They are giving larger discounts on the heavier items which sounds great to me. Maybe this will make a dent in the ridiculous oversized garbage we haul, but I'm not holding my breath.
Not likely. Most people are willing to pay a little more to have large heavy items del to their door.

bacha29

Not likely. Most people are willing to pay a little more to have large heavy items del to their door.
Today you're just delivering the stuff. What's next? Installation and set up? What Big W wants Big W gets. Go ahead and laugh if you want but given the way Ground is structured there is a whole bunch of additional services contractors could in the future be required to provide and as you contractors well know all it takes is another new addendum slammed down on the table in front of you along with the "sign it or see ya" ultimatum that goes with it.

MAKAVELI

Today you're just delivering the stuff. What's next? Installation and set up? What Big W wants Big W gets. Go ahead and laugh if you want but given the way Ground is structured there is a whole bunch of additional services contractors could in the future be required to provide and as you contractors well know all it takes is another new addendum slammed down on the table in front of you along with the "sign it or see ya" ultimatum that goes with it.
If I'm paid enough, I'll set it up.

It will be fine

I know it's wishful thinking, but the reports on the discounts for in store pickup don't sound like they'll do much. Why bother to save $1 for your small item you bought online? It might be attractive for $20 for a heavier piece of furniture. Might be.

BootsOnTarmac

I'm guilty. A few months ago I ordered 2 bed in a box mattresses from Walmart delivered to my house for a guest bedroom. Free shipping, available for pickup at the wmart 3 miles away, but I chose free delivery. The FedEx driver knocked on my door and she asked "can you help me with these out of my truck?" I was still in my FedEx uniform and she laughed! I said of course and they were friend'ing HEAVY! She refused my $20 tip. I said it's not a tip, I'm just buying you lunch but I can't be there. Offer was accepted and I threw in a pizza certificate. I'm not a courier, I work the ramp. We are now friends.

MAKAVELI

I'm guilty. A few months ago I ordered 2 bed in a box mattresses from Walmart delivered to my house for a guest bedroom. Free shipping, available for pickup at the wmart 3 miles away, but I chose free delivery. The FedEx driver knocked on my door and she asked "can you help me with these out of my truck?" I was still in my FedEx uniform and she laughed! I said of course and they were friend'ing HEAVY! She refused my $20 tip. I said it's not a tip, I'm just buying you lunch but I can't be there. Offer was accepted and I threw in a pizza certificate. I'm not a courier, I work the ramp. We are now friends.
Friends with benefits?:foamfinger:

TUT

Today you're just delivering the stuff. What's next? Installation and set up?

This already exists, it is an extra fee on checkout and a contractor in that industry, in that area, comes out to do the job. So they don't need the carrier to do this, it is already handled.

vantexan

This already exists, it is an extra fee on checkout and a contractor in that industry, in that area, comes out to do the job. So they don't need the carrier to do this, it is already handled.
I've actually had a couple customers get upset because I wasn't going to set up the satellite tv I delivered.

dezguy

I've actually had a couple customers get upset because I wasn't going to set up the satellite tv I delivered.
Same here. They had a huge recall on a Whirlpool dishwasher part, up here, years ago. Had a lady chew me out because I wouldn't fix her dishwasher for her.

It will be fine

There's a bunch of stories of Fedex Office opening ship centers inside 500 Walmarts over the next couple years. That sounds terrible. It's going to be a pain dragging crap out the front of their stores at 6pm.