What's you predictions for the Ohio rider?

brett636

Can anyone fill me in on exactly what these locals are fighting for? I know its not for healthcare because that ship has sailed, and team care is the new provider like it or not. Are there local or regional issues that aren't being addressed? Are they just hoping for a really big retro check of they hold out long enough?

ezmoney5150

Can anyone fill me in on exactly what these locals are fighting for? I know its not for healthcare because that ship has sailed, and team care is the new provider like it or not. Are there local or regional issues that aren't being addressed? Are they just hoping for a really big retro check of they hold out long enough?
They had this (hash) pipe dream that if they kept voting no on the Ohio Rider they could stay on the UPS health plan that UPS didn't want them on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

QKRSTKR

I know you'll never admit it but at the end of this contract you'll be like I don't know what all the fuss was about. This is pretty good.

Again. You'll never admit it.
I hope u r right. With the numbers of 407 your right about pulling it through. We beat the snot out of a 407 guy last night. (Just kidding). I did say it's all his fault. ;).

One big thing I do worry about is the having to work one day a week for coverage. If you are off on a discharge for a few months waiting for a panel hearing will you have to sign up for cobra? Or will you still be covered even though you are not working? That's a scary thought and another way for UPS to screw us.

10 point

I said misinformed. Which is a disease in Local 89 and 100. Without them we wouldn't have had to re vote the Central Region and Ohio Rider. With local 413 a close third.
Without them your healthcare plan would still suck.
Why don't you reject the enhancements WE, the misinformed members, got for you free of charge and keep your substandard plan (when compared to ours and enhanced TeamCare) so you can cry about that too.
It's a waste of time talking to tools and especially ungrateful ones at that.
Welcome to better benefits paid for by stewards and members south of Cleveland.

You don't deserve them.

Last edited:

brett636

They had this (hash) pipe dream that if they kept voting no on the Ohio Rider they could stay on the UPS health plan that UPS didn't want them on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You mean that same health care plan that the international steadfastly refuses to fight for? I think that is what a lot of these no votes originate from and that is a misunderstanding that neither the company nor union leadership support staying on the company plan so no matter how many times someone votes no they aren't going to keep it.

ezmoney5150

Why don't you reject the enhancements WE, the misinformed members, got for you free of charge and keep your substandard plan (when compared to ours and enhanced TeamCare) so you can cry about that too.

You don't deserve them.
Like I said. Misinformed. You got nothing for us. Central States did that all on their own. With the amount of members coming into the plan CS made changes.

TDU made you think you made a difference but in all reality you did nothing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ezmoney5150

You mean that same health care plan that the international steadfastly refuses to fight for? I think that is what a lot of these no votes originate from and that is a misunderstanding that neither the company nor union leadership support staying on the company plan so no matter how many times someone votes no they aren't going to keep it.
If this contract is so bad then why did your local vote yes to bring it to the members at the two man meeting? If your local leaders are telling you to vote no than they're speaking with a forked tongue.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If this contract is so bad then why did your local vote yes to bring it to the members at the two man meeting? If your local leaders are telling you to vote no than they're speaking with a forked tongue.

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is how I feel this contract went down. Most stewards and BA knew it was a bad contract but the leaders on up told them to sell it or else. It's not different than your management team knows its best to put x amount of routes in. They are told you get x-5. Deal with it. Unless they want to be looking for another job they do it.

Right wrong or whatever the IBT knows they are completely dependent on ups. They won't dare mess with the goose that lays the golden egg. We as members have a choice to make. Keep going as is and basically take concessions every contract here on out or vote to make some changes.

brett636

Sent using BrownCafe App

I think you misunderstood me. I am not in the ohio local, and my local has ratified all levels of the contract (national, central, local rider) so there is no more voting for me. I am not advocating this local or anyone else vote no on this. I am simply stating that there is still a lot of angst over the teamcare changeover and a lot of members are probably just voting no thinking they can stay on the UPS health care plan as you originally stated. I am just pointing out how fruitless those attempts are as the union leadership is done with it as far as they are concerned, and we all know the company doesn't want us back on their plan due to cost reasons.

10 point

Like I said. Misinformed. You got nothing for us. Central States did that all on their own. With the amount of members coming into the plan CS made changes.

Sent using BrownCafe App
We ARE central states Einstein.
I am not TDU. But you are clueless and a sheep without spine... but don't take that personally. Its just a comparison in zoo terms. You always get fed thru the he gate.

P.S. You voted against the enhancements and don't tell me they were going to get enhanced anyway. Go ahead, lie about it....again.

10 point

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah, we did a lot. We proved we had the guts to show our fellow workers that we weren't cowards like your local sheep.
We stand with L89 and 710 who stand against your lies and lip service.
If the bennies were going to be enhanced anyway (as YOU said) then I can only believe the company was going to give us the top rate of pay that is slated to be in the last year of this TA immediately upon ratification with your theoretical assertions.
Your statements are so ludicrous and what is really sad is the possibility that you actually believe the things you say. Brilliant.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I hope u r right. With the numbers of 407 your right about pulling it through. We beat the snot out of a 407 guy last night. (Just kidding). I did say it's all his fault. ;).

One big thing I do worry about is the having to work one day a week for coverage. If you are off on a discharge for a few months waiting for a panel hearing will you have to sign up for cobra? Or will you still be covered even though you are not working? That's a scary thought and another way for UPS to screw us.
When you are on termination they don't pay your health and welfare unless it's a working termination.

Anonymous 12

Non active member

You don't deserve them.
We never cried about our benefits. We like them. I sense a lot of hostility from you. If you don't like this site maybe some time away would help. Maybe you could try and get some action or something. You seem like a very angry soul.

Anonymous 12

Non active member

Sent using BrownCafe App
What you said is dead on. The benefits were already going to be enhanced with the new influx of members/cash coming into the plan. TDU just tried to spin it insight panic. It's what they are good at after all.

10 point

Sent using BrownCafe App
I wish that everyone that voted for this TA from the beginning would have been kept on the base C-6 plan.
Talk is cheap when someone else is paying for your bonus enhancements.