Whats your #1 wish for 2008 Contract

LKLND3380

Treat us like EMPLOYEES, not like red-headed stepchildren. We are part of this whole thing called United Parcel Service. I think most people here would agree that most management does not care what we think, its just the whole bull****.."work as directed " phrase that pretty much sums it up. Hell, I would skip raises for all of the next 7 years if management would make an "honest and sincere" effort to make labor relations a positive thing for all employees of this company. Many of us have good ideas to help grow the business....READ: GROW THE BUSINESS, but nobody really cares about any opinions, or ideas.

We are part of this whole thing called UPS???
How many of your customers have met your supervisor or center manager? WE ARE UPS... Management are just along for the ride and reep the benefits of our work...

Management are clueless... When a preloader can look to see their cars are in the red and 15 large boxes come down the preloader knows at 4:30am all the packages are not going to fit... When the center manager comes in at 6:45 and asks why boxes are stacked out... It's not going to fit... Why is it that 8:15am rolls around and the car is bulked out management can not understand the 15 boxes will not fit... Then at 8:30am decide to start pulling packages off and shuttle some routes because IT WILL NOT FIT... Drivers start time is 8:45am and the trucks are a mess because they had to be unloaded to get to the packages buried inside. 9:00am rolls around and management is wondering why cars are still being loaded... If things were taken care of at 4:30 when they were addressed there would be less of a problem...

Just like you wrote "but nobody really cares about any opinions, or ideas..." At least I was paid overtime to pull an add/cut of 30+ packages from two cars...

LKLND3380

You might see less people in line in the future if the min. wage keeps going up. Most of the people who were hired to help us this peak season have already quit. People want the benefits but don't want to do the work.

Bulk out a package car for $10.00 per car and be treated like an animal is no incentive to stay around... I think Mcdonald's spends more time doing on the job training than UPS... It amazes me that the cars get out before noon with less than three misloads per car...

aspenleaf

Bulk out a package car for $10.00 per car and be treated like an animal is no incentive to stay around... I think Mcdonald's spends more time doing on the job training than UPS... It amazes me that the cars get out before noon with less than three misloads per car...

I am not sure about the training the McDonald's staff get but I'd rather have the benefits of UPS than work in a fast food place with some teenager supervisor yelling at me about napkins (I worked fast food for a short time). I have never been treated like an animal at UPS; I guess I am lucky to work for a good team. For me UPS was the greener grass and a year later it still is. I like the hard work and I don't get yelled at and even though we all get frustrated with bulked out trucks the packages manage to all go out. The main reason our new hires have left is they don't work. If you don't work you might get yelled at and they may not like that. We also get people who think that what we do is easy and if they go to the gym a few times a week they can work preload. The people who have had 10 misloads in a day are still here plugging away so I know we are not treated poorly here (on my boxline).

over9five

Staff member
More optionals and sick days. One day per month is NOT a lot. Everyone else in America gets one day a month off...

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
Anything more than 1 callin/late/nocall (occurance) in a month is grounds for disipline(warning letter ect...)...it's 3 in 3, 6 in 6, in our center. I think that there should be a clearly outlined point system for attendance, not just we'll wait until it becomes a problem then write everybody up. This will eliminate the bias certain districts posses and weed out the undesirables. Opt days / weeks should be allowed to be used in the case of a callin and have no effect on point standings, being late 10 minutes be like .5 pts and callin in 1, nocall 3...then like 10 in six months being grounds for disipline...just something company wide and uniform.

...(1)more fulltime jobs, splitshifts between preload and reload For the Win!!!!(2)Fix the pension when I go fulltime so I can retire @47 and give you all the bird...

diadlover

How about free socks, damnit. And maybe make them so the logo doesn't fall off after the first wash. I don't care about the raises or pension just give me free socks.

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
WOW, I would like to be issued a uniform like the fedex guy in diadlover's avatar...that looks like UnderArmor and would be so sexy with my buldging arms and revealing pecs. "The body of UPS in 2000"

LKLND3380

Anything more than 1 callin/late/nocall (occurance) in a month is grounds for disipline(warning letter ect...)...it's 3 in 3, 6 in 6, in our center. I think that there should be a clearly outlined point system for attendance, not just we'll wait until it becomes a problem then write everybody up. This will eliminate the bias certain districts posses and weed out the undesirables. Opt days / weeks should be allowed to be used in the case of a callin and have no effect on point standings, being late 10 minutes be like .5 pts and callin in 1, nocall 3...then like 10 in six months being grounds for disipline...just something company wide and uniform.

...(1)more fulltime jobs, splitshifts between preload and reload For the Win!!!!(2)Fix the pension when I go fulltime so I can retire @47 and give you all the bird...

10 minutes late??? We have to key in to a time clock here and if the start time is 3:30 and you code in at 3:30 that is late and I have been told if you key in one minute before start that puts an "L" next to your name.

They seem to pick and choose who they go after for being late...

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
I would like to see an encore performance of our "Best Contract Ever" !!!!!!!!!!!! Like i hope not ! Best contract ever for our BA`s maybe ! 20% increase in wages - Better Insurance - Better Pensions. This will probably be the smallest dues increase - The union has no pull anymore like a hundred year old tiger with no teeth !

hoser

Industrial Slob
More optionals and sick days. One day per month is NOT a lot. Everyone else in America gets one day a month off...
one flex day per month is standard for many organizations. It's plenty. Majority of blue collar workplaces don't even give flex days.

Fredless

APWA Hater
I sent a letter to my BA requesting higher pay for part timers, and more guaranteed hours (4 hours, half of the guarantee for friend/T) for part timers. I'm lucky enough to be in a clerk posistion to where I can control my hours more (within reason, I dont manufacture OT). I really feel sorry for a lot of the young guys like me who are unloaders in reload and barely get 3.5 and a lot of them don't even KNOW about the 3.5 guarantee as it is!

The benefits are nice, but I work 6 days a week (saturday air) and only take home around 240-250 per week. I really do think preload deserves a pay raise of at least 1 dollar an hour as well, their turn over rate is astronomical here.

C

Concerned Naive Feeder

Sorry folks, I always read,but never respond(computer illiterate). 33 yr. vet., steward and concerned employee. Here are the two things I would like to see in the contract, and I believe in Santa Claus: 1:JUST ABIDE BY THE OLD CONTRACT AND WE'll BE FINE!! 2: PRETEND JIM CASEY IS NOT DEAD!!!

W

westsideworma

We get them here in the NNE supplement 5 days a year and 3 personal holidays paid at 4 hrs a day. I agree that it should be in the master tho

I would push for the better pay rate for part timers tho, boy we bust our butts for peanuts now for sure!!

wow I didn't know that was just in regional supplements. I thought that was a company wide thing. We have them in the East New England area as well.

I agree on the pay rate, if it weren't for the bennies, I doubt they could find anyone willing to do the work. Hell they barely can with them.

Just Lurking

wow I didn't know that was just in regional supplements. I thought that was a company wide thing. We have them in the East New England area as well.

I agree on the pay rate, if it weren't for the bennies, I doubt they could find anyone willing to do the work. Hell they barely can with them.

westsideworma,

Do you guys get some holidays in the NE that the rest of country do not get?

Once, I had a customer pissed that they want to send an NDA 's to several places on the east coast. When they printed labels, come of them was actually the next day and some were the day after next. They told me that the 800 number replied that it was an UPS holiday in that area.