When a good relationship goes bad

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Used to carry a pack of those yellow RTS stickers in the car

You want to be a dick good luck getting your J.C. Penney’s bag
Never seen one of those. I'll have to keep an eye out. We have a few old trucks that have paper delivery pads in them still. Maybe some of those in the pouch somewhere.

Cementups

Box Monkey
She's got a nice solid wood front door. Real easy to make a loud resounding knock which is what I do.
I used to knock with my DIAD so I knew damn well it was loud enough. Plus it saved my knuckles ;) And all my OCS's had seen me do this so if I ever got a call saying I didn't knock they knew the customer was full of crap.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I liked knocking with the diad until wimpy Diad V came along. I had 2 different units reboot periodically until they completely shut down. I stopped knocking with them and everything was fine.

Until I needed to bounce them off the floor of the PC every so often for stress mgmt.

john chesney

For years I had delivered to a particular address. Never had an issue.
A few weeks ago it was raining fairly hard. Because the house sets on a corner lot I always deliver to the back porch as the front porch faces a more busy street. The back porch is uncovered and it was raining so I just popped the package into the owner's car figuring I was doing her a favor.
She took exception to that and said she never wanted that to happen again. Concern #1
Fine. Now you are signature only, lady. I wanted to make sure there was no question about her getting her packages. NI1, NI2.
She did not like that. Concern #2. Claiming I was not knocking. There is no doorbell.
Friday....had a next day air. Knocked. No answer. NI1. Concern#3
Supervisor smoothed things over after this lady ripped the OMS to shreds. He then told me to reattempt.
Fine....I leave package on covered front porch at door.
Today...lady claims non-receipt of package. Concern#4.
Just don't know where it will go from here.
We had such a wonderful relationship up until a few weeks ago.
No dr to a car. I understand believe me you we’re trying to do her a favor but in today’s Ups you have to cover your ass. You can deliver to a garage but no dr method to a car. If something went missing from the car you would be on the hot seat. This isn’t the old Ups anymore

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DR bag it at the back door? Too big? I wouldn't want a UPS driver opening up my car unless we'd talked about it.

When I first started we were actually taught to jiggle door handles and if they were unlocked to open the door just enough to slide the package in and to make sure that it was closed before leaving.

john chesney

For years I had delivered to a particular address. Never had an issue.
A few weeks ago it was raining fairly hard. Because the house sets on a corner lot I always deliver to the back porch as the front porch faces a more busy street. The back porch is uncovered and it was raining so I just popped the package into the owner's car figuring I was doing her a favor.
She took exception to that and said she never wanted that to happen again. Concern #1
Fine. Now you are signature only, lady. I wanted to make sure there was no question about her getting her packages. NI1, NI2.
She did not like that. Concern #2. Claiming I was not knocking. There is no doorbell.
Friday....had a next day air. Knocked. No answer. NI1. Concern#3
Supervisor smoothed things over after this lady ripped the OMS to shreds. He then told me to reattempt.
Fine....I leave package on covered front porch at door.
Today...lady claims non-receipt of package. Concern#4.
Just don't know where it will go from here.
We had such a wonderful relationship up until a few weeks ago.
Sounds like how my marriage started and ended lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No dr to a car. I understand believe me you we’re trying to do her a favor but in today’s Ups you have to cover your ass. You can deliver to a garage but no dr method to a car. If something went missing from the car you would be on the hot seat. This isn’t the old Ups anymore

If DR Car is not an option why is it in the DIAD?

I do agree that it should not be our first choice but in the scenario outlined by the OP I would have made the same decision.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to knock with my DIAD so I knew damn well it was loud enough. Plus it saved my knuckles ;) And all my OCS's had seen me do this so if I ever got a call saying I didn't knock they knew the customer was full of crap.

I also use the DIAD to knock-----overheard an elderly woman ask herself if I was trying to break the door down as I made my way back to the pkg car.

john chesney

If DR Car is not an option why is it in the DIAD?

I do agree that it should not be our first choice but in the scenario outlined by the OP I would have made the same decision.
Oh if it’s in the diad then I retract my statement. I’ve never seen it but I don’t really look. Your ass is now covered lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP:

Concern #1------assuming that you left her a delivery notice, you made the right choice.

Concern #2------you do not have the right to arbitrarily make an address signature only.

Concern #3------see #2.

Concern #4------you have already stated that the FD was an unsafe DR.

Sounds like you owe this woman an apology.