When a good relationship goes bad

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I also use the DIAD to knock-----overheard an elderly woman ask herself if I was trying to break the door down as I made my way back to the pkg car.
Well you're not following the proper delivery methods.... you are suppose to treat the "recording device" with respect and care at all times... you are not to drop it or use it as a door holder or use it for knocking ....always knew you didn't follow the methods...this just proves my point

Rack em

Made the Podium
Then they complain for damaging the door when you knock too hard. LMAO
I know right! My first ever peak delivering I had a box of wine that wasn't in the first 2 attempts and it was X-mas Eve. So I knocked on his door louder than normal so if they were home they could have their wine for the holidays. The guy comes flying through the side door cursing at me saying I almost broke his door from knocking...whatever.

So then I asked for his signature and he slams the stylus into the screen making a dot. I told him he had to sign his name cause it was wine and he refused. So I NI3'd it and messaged the center explaining everything that happened and my then supervisor at the time told me to just keep going. I thought for sure he would make me re-attempt it with it being X-mas Eve.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Supervisor issued a letter to problem consignee informing her that her address is now strictly signature only. Any more issues with delivery will amount to her having to come to the center to collect her deliveries.
No apologies to consignee were needed.

specter208

Supervisor issued a letter to problem consignee informing her that her address is now strictly signature only. Any more issues with delivery will amount to her having to come to the center to collect her deliveries.
Mission Accomplished, good work.

Box Ox

I know right! My first ever peak delivering I had a box of wine that wasn't in the first 2 attempts and it was X-mas Eve. So I knocked on his door louder than normal so if they were home they could have their wine for the holidays. The guy comes flying through the side door cursing at me saying I almost broke his door from knocking...whatever.

So then I asked for his signature and he slams the stylus into the screen making a dot. I told him he had to sign his name cause it was wine and he refused. So I NI3'd it and messaged the center explaining everything that happened and my then supervisor at the time told me to just keep going. I thought for sure he would make me re-attempt it with it being X-mas Eve.

You know that guy got slapped around by his wife for being a dick and not taking delivery after she told him he HAD to be around to sign for her 3rd attempt wine club box.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

Funny
Was talking with the Express driver outside the courthouse comparing notes. I mentioned the issue that I was having with the address. He said he would have done the same thing as I did.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
To the OP:

Concern #1------assuming that you left her a delivery notice, you made the right choice.

Concern #2------you do not have the right to arbitrarily make an address signature only.

Concern #3------see #2.

Concern #4------you have already stated that the FD was an unsafe DR.

Sounds like you owe this woman an apology.

It is a driver's discretion to DR.
If he doesn't think that it's safe, we have 100% right to ask for a signature and/or leave a notice.

To be honest, half the stuff drivers do leave would fail a DR inspection by being seen from the road.
It gives UPS leeway in charging the driver for a stolen package. No one delivers to everyone's back door (, except @Indecisi0n)

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It is a driver's discretion to DR.
If he doesn't think that it's safe, we have 100% right to ask for a signature and/or leave a notice.

To be honest, half the stuff drivers do leave would fail a DR inspection by being seen from the road.
How many times have we heard drivers complain of seeing a nda they delivered that morning still at the front door that afternoon.
The so called "porch pirates" like this method too. I know they sometimes follow drivers and watch them, but the vast majority are seen from the road.
Poor training and lack of common sense.

WorknLateHuh

That's the Christmas spirit

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Done that before. Consignee called in a complaint on me.
Next delivery I tied 8' up in a tree.
Don't piss off Your UPS driver.
IMG_20171101_163902024.jpg

Hung another one in the tree today. Short little bastard will need a stepladder.