When do you say its over?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Will body hold up? I want to be able have some knee joint left.
They are doing amazing stuff with knee replacements these days
If you do it on your own, going the route of short term disability, you can be back to work in 3 months 4 worst case
Going workman's comp, you are looking at probably a year or more and you are using the doctor "they" tell you to

quad decade guy

They will be prime candidates for management.

BTW: $50-60,000, pension, and bennies for 9 months of "hard labor" paper cuts isn't too awful bad.

You assume way too much about teaching. My daughter has been a teacher for 5 years now. She's finishing her second Masters and getting the hell out. Principals make 3 times as much....that's exactly what she is going to do.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You assume way too much about teaching. My daughter has been a teacher for 5 years now. She's finishing her second Masters and getting the hell out. Principals make 3 times as much....that's exactly what she is going to do.
Superintendent or superintendent over the county Bd of Ed pays better here. It beats delivering copy paper, picnic tables, and Blackstone grills imo.

Over70irregs

If you do it on your own, going the route of short term disability, you can be back to work in 3 months 4 worst case
Going workman's comp, you are looking at probably a year or more and you are using the doctor "they" tell you to
You pick your own doctor as long as their on the list. But yeah the pay I hear is different on STD vs WorkComp.

wornoutupser

Yes WTF broken bones?! My hubster just started with UPS & these types of comments got me like what has he gotten himself into. Thank you for replying.

Several broken fingers from an old P8 that the windshield had less than an inch clearance from the glass.

One broken nose from a fall in the woods in the dark on a split area while walking a long sand driveway.

One broken rib from a dark parking lot at a closed school with no lights. I hit the parking bumper as I was turning on my flashlight and fell on the curb breaking the rib.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Im hoping they have the technology to give me new knees that bend the other way, like a dog or a kangaroo

SunnyC

Several broken fingers from an old P8 that the windshield had less than an inch clearance from the glass.

One broken nose from a fall in the woods in the dark on a split area while walking a long sand driveway.

One broken rib from a dark parking lot at a closed school with no lights. I hit the parking bumper as I was turning on my flashlight and fell on the curb breaking the rib.
Thank you for all your hard work! I hope my hubster has better luck.

quad decade guy

With all respect.......all caused by YOU. Why?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I like when I meet a man named Rob so I can call him Robster the Lobster 🦞
SpanishImmediateKestrel-size_restricted.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Been here since '84. Love the job hate the company.

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Would any of my fellow Brown Cafe members still stick around?
yes. give it all , even your life , for the team......