When that time comes?

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
You always enjoy telling others how to live their life...

That's really arrogant.
And wrong! I've saved and prepared from day one at UPS so I could leave whenever I felt the need. I feel the need! I've worked really hard for 31 years, and I'm going to enjoy life for a while. Certainly not going to work right up to going into an old folks home, broken. I'm only on this big rock once, and UPS will just be one chapter, not the whole book!

And wrong! I've saved and prepared from day one at UPS so I could leave whenever I felt the need. I feel the need! I've worked really hard for 31 years, and I'm going to enjoy life for a while. Certainly not going to work right up to going into an old folks home, broken. I'm only on this big rock once, and UPS will just be one chapter, not the whole book!
Unfortunately too many other drivers don't do that. Gotta have that 50k pickup truck, a big house and multiple cruises... No money for a 401k

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If only @scratch would figure this out.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Unfortunately too many other drivers don't do that. Gotta have that 50k pickup truck, a big house and multiple cruises... No money for a 401k
Funny thing. I bought a brand new pickup in '90, 15k. Would be driving it today if it weren't stolen out of the UPS lot in '03 during one of my many 13hr days. Thieves were on to the fact that once we were there at 8:30, they had all day to go shopping in our lot. Forced to buy another in 2003, still going strong.

Funny thing. I bought a brand new pickup in '90, 15k. Would be driving it today if it weren't stolen out of the UPS lot in '03 during one of my many 13hr days. Thieves were on to the fact that once we were there at 8:30, they had all day to go shopping in our lot. Forced to buy another in 2003, still going strong.
Nothing wrong with having a nice vehicle if that's what you want. But you have to spend less than you make and save some. You still have to live a little bit. Some people can't find that balance.

old levi's

blank space

Got a 2004 Tacoma, only new vehicle I've ever had.
Will be driving it for many more miles.

Paid cash for a used 65 Chevy pickup when I got out of the Navy. No car payment for 21 years.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If only @scratch would figure this out.

I have never known anybody as dense as you. I can retire today at $7000 a month. Give up a job that pays $95K a year? I'm still 59 and I like to make money. Why is that so hard to get in your head? I'm happy with my life just the way it is. You are the one that needs "to figure this out".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have never known anybody as dense as you. I can retire today at $7000 a month. Give up a job that pays $95K a year? I'm still 59 and I like to make money. Why is that so hard to get in your head? I'm happy with my life just the way it is. You are the one that needs "to figure this out".

With only 16 working days left I have it all figured out.

If you are going to stay stop whining about the job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't sound to me that you have figured out much at all. You hate your job and are leaving, good for you.

I am leaving because I have satisfied the age and years of service.

I am leaving to start the next phase in my life.

I am leaving to allow a PTer to move up.

I am leaving to play Papa.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am leaving because I have satisfied the age and years of service.

I am leaving to start the next phase in my life.

I am leaving to allow a PTer to move up.

I am leaving to play Papa.

I wonder how much weight you'll gain!!!! Before you make a wise-ass comment, I have lost 37 lbs in the past 4 mos.....not even trying.