When that time comes?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have never known anybody as dense as you. I can retire today at $7000 a month. Give up a job that pays $95K a year? I'm still 59 and I like to make money. Why is that so hard to get in your head? I'm happy with my life just the way it is. You are the one that needs "to figure this out".
So in essence you are working 50 hours a week to make 11 grand a year. Yikes.

Shiftless

With only 16 working days left I have it all figured out./QUOTE]

16 days? Heck in 21 Day's I will have been retired 13 years. A retirement filled with travel, hobbies and so far good health.

Hope to be retired more years than I worked! I am so glad so many want to work till a certain date that suits them! Mine was 49 I'm now 62 and if you subtract being retired 13 from 62 the feel good math comes in about that I am around 35!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So in essence you are working 50 hours a week to make 11 grand a year. Yikes.
Not quite, I’m adding to my investments now instead of spending them. I just have a house note. I hit full pension three years ago and I could probably live off that if I tightened my belt enough. I don’t have the luxury of two incomes like most drivers have.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not quite, I’m adding to my investments now instead of spending them. I just have a house note. I hit full pension three years ago and I could probably live off that if I tightened my belt enough. I don’t have the luxury of two incomes like most drivers have.

Just one income here yet I am still able to leave according to plan.

And how much is retire health care? That adds up too.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Another way I look at it is my pension if I retire now is about $4000 gross versus at least $7500 I make now. I would be a lot better off if I was single and didn’t have somebody else spending my money. Wife is legally blind and doesn’t work. I got my yearly Social Security statement yesterday and that will add $2560 a month at full retirement age. I just think that at the present time I want to finish paying off my mortgage and adding to investments is a wiser thing to do.

Another way I look at it is my pension if I retire now is about $4000 gross versus at least $7500 I make now. I would be a lot better off if I was single and didn’t have somebody else spending my money. Wife is legally blind and doesn’t work. I got my yearly Social Security statement
Like I said before. You do not have to explain yourself to us. On a side note she would probably be happy to see the love of her life he with her.

I just need a little more time before I can get out and my wife wants me to go

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Like I said before. You do not have to explain yourself to us.go

I know I don’t have to explain my personal situation. I seldom bring that up, everybody’s finances are different. It’s really a waste of time trying to communicate with some of the people on here.

old levi's

blank space
upload_2018-4-14_16-25-43.jpeg