When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

browniehound

Either could I, because I'd either be at work or if I got home early, say around 8pm, I'd be in bed 30 minutes after that(one good thing to come out of all of our hard work is that I sleep like a baby most nights. My wife is very envious of me. She says less than 2 minutes after my head hits the pillow I'm snoring!). Besides, we don't answer the door after dark here. There are just too many loony birds in this world.

browniehound

I would have refused it and sent it back to where it came from with JOY!
Either that or called the 1-800 # and complained that one of your drivers is ringing my doorbell at 845pm on July 17th. December 17th is fine. July 17th is incomprehensible to most people and should never happen.

browniehound

I have had that happen to me several times, especially in the summer months when UPS really sticks it in my rear. I stop knocking on doors after 8pm, unless it's a signature required.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I wouldn't knock on a door after 7 unless its sig. required. I'm too embarrassed to do so and then I have to listen to the "wow, you guys work late comment" and then I have to give a dissertation about UPS operations to the woman to explain why I'm delivering packages at 845pm in the middle of the summer.

Its even worse when I was at her house at 935am delivering a NDA and back at 845pm with her ground. Inevitably I get the "why didn't you just leave both the first time" or what really kills me:"sorry you had to make 2 trips, I didn't need the first one that early" Wonderful!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think a two tier driver rate will happen. UPS will offer guys with 30 plus a sweet buy out for retiring. They will offer seniority workers both full and part time a sweet raise. With all those goodies on the table all we have to do is throw future employees under the bus. Most people vote in their own self interest.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think a two tier driver rate will happen. UPS will offer guys with 30 plus a sweet buy out for retiring. They will offer seniority workers both full and part time a sweet raise. With all those goodies on the table all we have to do is throw future employees under the bus. Most people vote in their own self interest.

The same situation as when part timers got screwed with 2 tier wages. If (when) it happens UPS will do everything possible to force out the older high cost drivers. UPS will dangle a shiny one time bonus or delay in raising health care costs or some other tactic in front of people to get it passed and screw all future employees.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Whatever benefits me. Gotta look out for #1.

Most new drivers I see come out should never even qualify, they are BEYOND terrible. I bust my butt every day for my high wage, so they should be paid according to how poorly they work.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The same situation as when part timers got screwed with 2 tier wages. If (when) it happens UPS will do everything possible to force out the older high cost drivers. UPS will dangle a shiny one time bonus or delay in raising health care costs or some other tactic in front of people to get it passed and screw all future employees.

That happened right before I got hired in 84. It can happen again.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
[

Its even worse when I was at her house at 935am delivering a NDA and back at 845pm with her ground. Inevitably I get the "why didn't you just leave both the first time" or what really kills me:"sorry you had to make 2 trips, I didn't need the first one that early" Wonderful![/quote]

Why not deliver both stops together?

ups1990

It's no coincidence that as our wages have gone up, driver allowances have gone down. Many here can attest to this. We just can't beat our routes like we used to, thou there're exemptions. Driver wages have increased and so has the workload. Don't think for a moment that UPS will stop this gigantic workload from decreasing.
We are told that EDD and ORION has tighten delivery areas and so we can abrob additional work but I know and you know that this isn't the case at all.

busterbrownlady

If we don't take a lunch then we are called in on the carpet. After a time or two of not taking a lunch... Well, the little ol warning letters start rolling in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

overflowed

I have had that happen to me several times, especially in the summer months when UPS really sticks it in my rear. I stop knocking on doors after 8pm, unless it's a signature required.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Last peak the bottom fell out of an amazon prime box walking it to the door. Wanna know what fell out? A bag of popcorn you can buy at a supermarket for a dollar. I no longer knock, ring, or anything to that effect unless I need a sig since then. We are just amazons bitchez now, the lot of us. During peak if I have to choose who gets stuff, meds, payroll, anything thats wrapped like a present, and then tickets like stubhub. Popcorn ain't that important.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's no coincidence that as our wages have gone up, driver allowances have gone down. Many here can attest to this. We just can't beat our routes like we used to, thou there're exemptions. Driver wages have increased and so has the workload. Don't think for a moment that UPS will stop this gigantic workload from decreasing.
We are told that EDD and ORION has tighten delivery areas and so we can abrob additional work but I know and you know that this isn't the case at all.
This is the post of the week....my route on EDD five years ago was doing 80 stops plus a full pickup route...I was 30 minutes over on average depending on pu's. When we got the keyless entry my count went to 95-110+....for a bulk route...then when we went to orion (which my route had no changes ) I received a few more stops..and now I'm over by 1 hour plus...we're all just working later..The technology isn't there to make us do what we're doing..it's total bs...and mgt will tell you the same thing off the clock..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Last peak the bottom fell out of an amazon prime box walking it to the door. Wanna know what fell out? A bag of popcorn you can buy at a supermarket for a dollar. I no longer knock, ring, or anything to that effect unless I need a sig since then. We are just amazons bitchez now, the lot of us. During peak if I have to choose who gets stuff, meds, payroll, anything thats wrapped like a present, and then tickets like stubhub. Popcorn ain't that important.
I like Amazon for some things but there are some who get amazon freaky, like the ones who buy paper towels or tp on line...it's kind of the trendy thing to do..reminds me of those people at Starbucks who hang out there for hours..it's the place to be seen, better park your audi a4 in front and be dressed in your workout gear..

overflowed

True story,
I like Amazon for some things but there are some who get amazon freaky, like the ones who buy paper towels or tp on line...it's kind of the trendy thing to do..reminds me of those people at Starbucks who hang out there for hours..it's the place to be seen, better park your audi a4 in front and be dressed in your workout gear..
True story, I bought something during peak from amazon. Delivered from ups. I have an amazon cc so what I bought was free from points accumulated. Free ground shipping right? They upgraded the ground shipping to next day air for no reason. During peak, how and why? From these examples I can't believe ups or fedex is making much money on them at all. Also, what I bought was about as important as a bag of popcorn. The item was $8.