When work is available

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jaker, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

Sunday’s will be Amazon day, like for the postal service.

2. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Yeah. Union leadership probably signaled they'd gladly take the Company dick (maybe even surprised some in Corporate) and the two probably went from there. Starting with putting weekends on hold.

3. jaker

jaker trolling

Where do you see that 22.4 are guarantee 40hrs a week

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  4. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Just posted this that's why I have it.
    Screenshot_20180814-211718.png

5. Been In Brown Too Long

Been In Brown Too Long Ex-Package Donkey

It says they are guaranteed an 8 hr. day and will work 5 days a week, either Tuesday - Saturday or Wednesday - Sunday. I would interpret that as having a 40hr. guarantee.

6. Been In Brown Too Long

Guess I was typing while you took the shortcut and beat me to it! lol...

7. 542thruNthru

I literally just posted it 5 seconds before in another thread. Only reason I had it on hand. :)

8. jaker

jaker trolling

And RPCD says the same thing except for the when work is available , I don't see 40hr guarantee for either RPCD or 22.4

9. Grey

Grey Active Member

My hub is in a top-5 populated city and we have football fields worth of volume they can push at any time. Literally football fields.

10. Been In Brown Too Long

I see it for the 22.4s. The trailers will be there for the end of their week. If they run Mondays trailers over the weekend, there will be no "work available" for lower seniority RPCDs. Thus the problem with this TA.

11. Grey

Grey Active Member

Banking on higher seniority RPCD’s taking 3 day weekends?

12. jaker

jaker trolling

Do you see a 40hr guarantee, because I still don't see that like you said above

13. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

If they run Monday trailers over the weekend, work was available, and was diverted. Easy pay.

14. Been In Brown Too Long

Maybe they will, maybe not. But that puts a lower seniority RPCD at the mercy of both 22.4s doing their Monday work on Sat/Sun, or higher seniority guys taking Monday off. A RPCD shouldn't be in jeopardy of not working on a Monday because a lower seniority 22.4 is doing the work over the weekend...period.

15. jaker

jaker trolling

There is no language for 22.4 being laid off , so ups can lay them off at anytime even when work is available but they can't lay off a RPCD when there is work

16. 542thruNthru

Let me ask you a question just so we are on the same page. How do you see a 22.4 driver not getting 40 hours if he is guaranteed 8 hours a day and 5 consecutive working days (T-S)

17. Been In Brown Too Long

Are you saying that UPS won't manipulate the volume in such a way to exploit the lower wages of a 22.4? And exploit the language "when work is available." That would be incredibly optimistic!

18. jaker

jaker trolling

Isn't RPCD guarantee 8hrs a day and 5 days a week

19. 542thruNthru

Not everywhere. In the southwest package rider yes they are.

20. Been In Brown Too Long

Always was...but now we have the "when work is available" loophole.