Where is Your Retirement Destination?

BigMoney

I look at that everything is a cycle like weather.Last year Lake Tahoe was screaming drought and the lake would dry up and this month they are having record snowfall i think 17.5 feet of snow just this month.

satellitedriver

Tigons is an autocorrect error for “origins”.
So, you blast someone for calling you out for a typo and THATs what you pick up on with my statement?

What credibility do you doubt? That I know something more than you apparently do?
My typo errors come from when I do not read the words I wrote, before hitting the post reply button.
"origins" , wow my computer did not autocorrect when I typed the word, that is incredible.
You posted this;
"It is entirely possible that someone, somewhere uttered something similar, but the context and phrase belongs to the person I stated they do.
I doubt if you can find anything credible to negate that fact."
I posted;
"Who read/studied those words, while coming up the ranks.
All great leaders learned from the past
."
I just pointed out that.
I assume you are referring to Napoleon Bonaparte Buford, who served in the Civil War.
Correct me, if I am wrong.
You must know he was a "Brevet" major general.
Not, Brigadier General Buonaparte.
( you should have spelled his middle name correctly, but you can also blame that on autocorrect)
Absolutely, you know things I do not know and visa the versa.
Someone using past ancient quotes and attributing them to another person is something I apparently know about.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My typo errors come from when I do not read the words I wrote, before hitting the post reply button.
"origins" , wow my computer did not autocorrect when I typed the word, that is incredible.
You posted this;
"It is entirely possible that someone, somewhere uttered something similar, but the context and phrase belongs to the person I stated they do.
I doubt if you can find anything credible to negate that fact."
I posted;
"Who read/studied those words, while coming up the ranks.
All great leaders learned from the past
."
I just pointed out that.
I assume you are referring to Napoleon Bonaparte Buford, who served in the Civil War.
Correct me, if I am wrong.
You must know he was a "Brevet" major general.
Not, Brigadier General Buonaparte.
( you should have spelled his middle name correctly, but you can also blame that on autocorrect)
Absolutely, you know things I do not know and visa the versa.
Someone using past ancient quotes and attributing them to another person is something I apparently know about.
LOL…. It was not a US General that expression is attributed to.
Keep looking…

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte?
Brigadier is a rank used by the British and the US military.
Still, he did not say the words first, even if it was attributed to him for saying the words later.
That is, and was, my point.
You sure know your history….NOT!

I just had another thought:

WTF do you care?

Last edited:

satellitedriver

You sure know your history….NOT!

I just had another thought:

WTF
do you care?
WTF did you post and I responded to?
Look at the history of your post.
A quote you attributed to someone who did not say it first.
That is what started this dance.
That's why I care.
I know just a fraction of our human history and I try to separate facts from beliefs and learn the truth.
Your words;
"You sure know your history….NOT!."
I truly know my history and there are parts of it that I wish I could forget.

You attributed a quote, to a certain person in fairly recent history that was not the first one to pin those words.
People still attribute Edison for inventing the light bulb and history has provided different evidence.
Attribution is not fact, and that was my first thought.
Why do you care?
You obviously know more about our history than I do, or maybe not.
Time for me to eat my blackeye peas, pork and mustard greens as a New Years dinner.
Throw back to the history of southerner's surviving the War of Northern Aggression.
Have the best year you can make it.

satellitedriver

Who said them first then?
Sun Tzu,
In English translation the words are not the exactly the same, but have they exact same meaning.
Translations always blur the line in language and cultures, but not the message.
All leaders learn from the past and adopt it to their present situation.
Just reread Orwell's 1984 and the entire book is summed up in one single sentence at the end of the book.
"Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past,"
Just sayin'.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
6FE87B1E-734E-43E9-9BCA-CBFB74E89197.jpeg

Is strong in this one

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
WTF did you post and I responded to?
Look at the history of your post.
A quote you attributed to someone who did not say it first.
That is what started this dance.
That's why I care.
I know just a fraction of our human history and I try to separate facts from beliefs and learn the truth.
Your words;
"You sure know your history….NOT!."
I truly know my history and there are parts of it that I wish I could forget.

You attributed a quote, to a certain person in fairly recent history that was not the first one to pin those words.
People still attribute Edison for inventing the light bulb and history has provided different evidence.
Attribution is not fact, and that was my first thought.
Why do you care?
You obviously know more about our history than I do, or maybe not.
Time for me to eat my blackeye peas, pork and mustard greens as a New Years dinner.
Throw back to the history of southerner's surviving the War of Northern Aggression.
Have the best year you can make it.
Blah, Blah, Blah….
You seem to have a serious disorder.
Plus, you’re boring.