Where is Your Retirement Destination?

tourists24

I'm retiring in April. First six months I'm living on the Appalachian Trail. When I get back home, we're moving to the sticks near the NC, GA border near a lake

Re-Raise

4F156414-3726-435F-A859-F8373480A2F9.jpeg

Scottsdale Arizona!

My oldest daughter just got married and lives out there now. We live in the Midwest, so we have been going out there for a month or so each winter.

This pic is from TPC Scottsdale where they play the Waste Management. I play so much golf out there now that I bought a set of clubs that match my clubs at home to just leave out there.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
View attachment 361894

Scottsdale Arizona!

My oldest daughter just got married and lives out there now. We live in the Midwest, so we have been going out there for a month or so each winter.

This pic is from TPC Scottsdale where they play the Waste Management. I play so much golf out there now that I bought a set of clubs that match my clubs at home to just leave out there.
Count me in, what time is the tee time?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I'm retiring in April. First six months I'm living on the Appalachian Trail. When I get back home, we're moving to the sticks near the NC, GA border near a lake
Doing the whole length ? Hope you make it ! Don't sleep in the shelters I got very sick sleeping in one in Virginia and had a stay in the hospital in Gore WV . The illness was undiagnosed ,but I believe it was the hantavirus. I have done parts of the AT in 5 states and met a lot of interesting people attempting to do the entire length. Good Luck !

tourists24

Doing the whole length ? Hope you make it ! Don't sleep in the shelters I got very sick sleeping in one in Virginia and had a stay in the hospital in Gore WV . The illness was undiagnosed ,but I believe it was the hantavirus. I have done parts of the AT in 5 states and met a lot of interesting people attempting to do the entire length. Good Luck !
Yep, Springer to Katahdin is the plan. I've been preparing for it for a couple of years now. I do plan on steering clear of shelters unless weather dictates. I'm not starting til April 18 so hopefully the bubble is gone. You live near the AT?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Just a knife. Ultimately you have to decide what items are essential. That extra weight all adds up, and you have to carry it 2,200 miles lol.
I had a buddy walk a stretch, I remember him carefully choosing what to take based on weight. He did take a Glock 26 though.

tourists24

I had a buddy walk a stretch, I remember him carefully choosing what to take based on weight. He did take a Glock 26 though.
I thought about it, but there's so many logistics involved it becomes a crazy headache. Several areas don't allow firearms. 14 states all with different laws requires more planning. It would also require of sending my handgun back and forth to home which can be just as frustrating on trail. After adding all that up I decided on a lightweight knife

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Yep, Springer to Katahdin is the plan. I've been preparing for it for a couple of years now. I do plan on steering clear of shelters unless weather dictates. I'm not starting til April 18 so hopefully the bubble is gone. You live near the AT?
I live in New Jersey but it is not a long drive to trail heads in the surrounding states. I liked Virginia the best a little further south then I like but some of the area is spectacular. I met a guy on the trail with an English accent that gave his name as a number something like "347" he traveled very light except he carried a large cast iron skillet that he cooked everything in. He was doing the whole length . It really stuck me when backpacking and always trying to cut down the weight that someone would carry that kind of skillet for all those miles.