Where will all the 22.4 drivers come from?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
That's assuming they will find 22.4 drivers

WTF? Every new driver they hire will be a 22.4 until they get to that 25% mark and then they will begin crying to the IBT package director about changing the 25% to 40%. 22.4's are cheaper and no 9.5 strings attached!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I just don't like the no 9.5 protection for them...the company would never abuse that .....

I get that.

If it's abused.... it's something to look at, in the next contract.

But, people bidding the job (or off the street hire) would know that in advance.

Understanding that, you can't blame (some) people for wanting to be more

than part-time for years. It's a stepping stone, to being a RPCD.

I get that.

If it's abused.... it's something to look at, in the next contract.

But, people bidding the job (or off the street hire) would know that in advance.

Understanding that, you can't blame (some) people for wanting to be more

than part-time for years. It's a stepping stone, to being a RPCD.
I guess we will find out ,if this contract ever gets settled :teethy:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
WTF? Every new driver they hire will be a 22.4 until they get to that 25% mark and then they will begin crying to the IBT package director about changing the 25% to 40%. 22.4's are cheaper and no 9.5 strings attached!

And @Benben, crawls out of the woodwork to proffer an opinion.

Your experience as an elected Steward and Local Official.... tells you this ?

If the abuse everyone fears happens. Then the 25% threshold of 22.4s is closer to a 40%+ growth for ups.