Where would I find results from panel and arbitration

A

Article 3

Didn't say they weren't underpaid, but the PTers moving the 150-200 lb boxes by hand at UPS are only making $10/hr, not $32/hr.

Yup. Most of the PTers are in the $10-$12/hr range.

Didn't say I hated my job. As a matter of fact, right now I am one of those overpaid $100K/yr seat warmers or steering wheel holders, whatever your preference.
The "hate your job" statement was not aimed at anyone but it was a blanket statement about life in general.
No one is chained to this job.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do UPS members participate in the same fashion ?
Sad to say, no.
I'll never forget when we were campaigning for the Delegates Election last spring and how clear the difference was between freight employees and the rest, especially UPSer's.

Fred Z and Avral T agreed to spend a day on the trail with us, starting bright and early at 5:30am at Zenith Logistics, a grocery warehouse.
It was pitch dark and the employees were polite and took our literature, but most didn't seem aware of why we were there and that there was even going to be a General Election.
This left me with the feeling that it was time well spent.

Next, we went to the largest UPS hub in our local.
We got there 7:45, in hopes of catching feeder drivers and preloaders as they left, and package car drivers as they arrived.
I couldn't of been more embarrassed.
It was very difficult to get half of the part timers to even pause long enough to pass them a hand bill, which didn't surprise me.
Very few feeder drivers exited, but those who did were easy to engage for the most part.
It was the package car drivers that really made me take pause.
These guys were arriving as much as an hour or more before their start time, but couldn't be persuaded to take a handbill in many instances, let alone take a minute to shake the hand and ask questions of candidates for International office to educate themselves for a future vote, as well as meet men who could very well shape their future.
I have never been more embarrassed of my coworkers.

From there, we visited 3 freight barns where these candidates were literally treated like rock stars.
Nobody pushed past us, instead lining up to shake their hands and ask them questions.
At Holland they had already begun their shift, so the steward went in and convinced the supervisor to allow the guys to take their break, 5 at a time, and come out to the gate to meet these candidates.
Not one dock worker by witness of this steward declined.

On that day, I confirmed what I already knew.
The most solid and committed Teamsters are by far working in the dying union freight industry.
Breaks my heart to see what they are going through and how they are being discarded by enlarge by our Country who first allowed it through decertification, and our Union that continues to throw their hands in the air claiming there is nothing that can be done.
Freight built this union and what they have been reduced to is a damn shame.

A

Article 3

I'll never forget when we were campaigning for the Delegates Election last spring and how clear the difference was between freight employees and the rest, especially UPSer's.

Fred Z and Avral T agreed to spend a day on the trail with us, starting bright and early at 5:30am at Zenith Logistics, a grocery warehouse.
It was pitch dark and the employees were polite and took our literature, but most didn't seem aware of why we were there and that there was even going to be a General Election.

We got there 7:45, in hopes of catching feeder drivers and preloaders as they left, and package car drivers as they arrived.
It was very difficult to get half of the part timers to even pause long enough to pass them a hand bill, which didn't surprise me.
Very few feeder drivers exited, but those who did were easy to engage for the most part.
These guys were arriving as much as an hour or more before their start time, but couldn't be persuaded to take a handbill in many instances, let alone take a minute to shake the hand and ask questions of candidates for International office to educate themselves for a future vote, as well as meet men who could very well shape their future.

From there, we visited 3 freight barns where these candidates were literally treated like rock stars.
Nobody pushed past us, instead lining up to shake their hands and ask them questions.
At Holland they had already begun their shift, so the steward went in and convinced the supervisor to allow the guys to take their break, 5 at a time, and come out to the gate to meet these candidates.

The most solid and committed Teamsters are by far working in the dying union freight industry.
Breaks my heart to see what they are going through and how they are being discarded by enlarge by our Country who first allowed it through decertification, and our Union that continues to throw their hands in the air claiming there is nothing that can be done.
I drove Freight for years and the difference in that job and UPS jobs is vast except for feeders.
Sometimes ups employees are worn out from the day-to-day grind and mentally can't deal with much more even if it is connected to their futures.
The similarity between your experience with our feeder drivers and the freight folks tells me that the difference in UPS drivers and part-time workers (versus Freight) is a lot.
Many UPS drivers are pushed to the Limit right now and don't have the backbone to get on the 95 list for fear of retaliation. That is truly on them but the stress factor tends to dull people's attitudes almost to disconnect mode.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I saw exactly what Bubble said at my small center and once visited a local beer distributer to post a notice for our BA who was in another city. Apathy.

Ups very successfully uses a carrots and sticks approach to divide up the troops. It works because many of the "come in an hour early off the clock" crew makes sure it does.

I personally got hit with a lot of sticks while my brothers ate their carrots. Several others I worked with got hit too, and I'll always be proud of their personal sacrifice in the face of the manufactured split between those who will man up and take the hits while others eat the pizza and go golfing with those mgmt that courted their loyalty to their own personal interests over the good of the entire group.

There will always be a division at UPS among drivers who will work for free to impress mgmt and those who won't. How big the spilt is is what will decide the future.

Maybe freight has better loyalty among its members. Maybe so. I met a lot of great freight drivers over my career. Maybe they can keep the wheels on the Teamsters.

I don't think it does any good to compare their work effort or bricklayers, carpenters etc working conditions as a way to further divide us. That's a failed strategy.

A

Article 3

I saw exactly what Bubble said at my small center and once visited a local beer distributer to post a notice for our BA who was in another city. Apathy.

Ups very successfully uses a carrots and sticks approach to divide up the troops. It works because many of the "come in an hour early off the clock" crew makes sure it does.

I personally got hit with a lot of sticks while my brothers ate their carrots. Several others I worked with got hit too, and I'll always be proud of their personal sacrifice in the face of the manufactured split between those who will man up and take the hits while others eat the pizza and go golfing with those mgmt that courted their loyalty to their own personal interests over the good of the entire group.

There will always be a division at UPS among drivers who will work for free to impress mgmt and those who won't. How big the spilt is is what will decide the future.

Maybe freight has better loyalty among its members. Maybe so. I met a lot of great freight drivers over my career. Maybe they can keep the wheels on the Teamsters.

I don't think it does any good to compare their work effort or bricklayers, carpenters etc working conditions as a way to further divide us. That's a failed strategy.
Brother it's a physical deficiency at UPS.
You can easily see the effects.
When the spine is missing the noses always turn brown.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Thanks for that confirmation.

In no way, shape, or form, do I like pointing out the obvious.

It hits too close to home.

My home.

Nevertheless, obvious truths.... are just that.

-Bug-