Who are Locals 705

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red don't insult the teamsters union. The JAC is the democratic vehicle that is used to resolve grievences, UPS controls nothing there. You are showing your ignorance of how the national process works, educate your self before you slam your brother teamsters, you know local 705 is a small part of the teamsters, they don't run it !!.....and with there current leadership they never will!!
Never say never brother!

Bloodybrown

The union only pays when they lose and as for ups losing millions... no im not concerned im happy that they lose this money! If they didnt do the crime than they wouldnt have to do the time. I will ask about jac and will respond to you on it.
Why dont you g

ive us some detail on it, and also if you are in management? If you are why would you be pushing jac? Does ups have their way it at?

Red when you state that you don't care about wasting millions of dollars of UPS revenue when you have a process to resolve grieviences shows your true colors!!....The reason your local does not lose is because your local drops cases right before they are scheduled to go in front of an arbitrator, than you drop the case and leave the emloyee out to dry and claim glorious victory for not losing 10K at arbitration!! , but what did you do for the employee that had that false hope you union instiled in them, like you are now!!

Who said i bite off what i cant chew? I was responding to another post in comparison. My house is just under $400k and i did the math on property tax for a great school district compared to private school for 3 kids. I can afford this house for months even on strike.

Im still waiting for you to add just a little value in any of these discussions.

My question was why should UPS pay you more because you have extra expenses because of where you choose to live.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red when you state that you don't care about wasting millions of dollars of UPS revenue when you have a process to resolve grieviences shows your true colors!!....The reason your local does not lose is because your local drops cases right before they are scheduled to go in front of an arbitrator, than you drop the case and leave the emloyee out to dry and claim glorious victory for not losing 10K at arbitration!! , but what did you do for the employee that had that false hope you union instiled in them, like you are now!!
Of course you have proof that our local hangs the members out right before arbitration? Right?

What do you do for this company again? You never did answer.

Bloodybrown

Of course you have proof that our local hangs the members out right before arbitration? Right?

What do you do for this company again? You never did answer.

I said I am in management, I was in Chicago for years including 97, not now but I know the chicago system and your part in it.I know a few Union reps, a number of drivers and UPS management. I know what's going on there. The proof is in the pudding and you know it Red ! !

tieguy

Banned
As we continue to assess the players in this little labor game another question pops to mind.

705 has been posting the contract offers on their website in an effort to "keep the members informed"

As if most members had the time to read and compare hundreds of pages of documents.

Yet if you take out the information on contract talks and strike votes for ups and the freight negotiations, I have a hard time finding any other information on their website. However a search of websites past shows that their predecessors posted all types of information.

Why is it that the only thing 705 is posting is contract docs and strike votes as in plural?

Is this the only information the 705 leadership finds needs to be posted to keep their members informed?

If nothing else it does not give anyone anything to judge them by.

Many will look for their website as news of these strike threats leak out. It seems it could be a terrific tool for the "lookatme" union to market theirselves.

Why not post your claimed winning arbitration record so other teamsters from other unions can see you guys are making a difference and worth supporting?

Why not post some newsletters , community support information showing everyone that this local has more on its mind then to seek the glory of leading a labor action against big brown?

the emptiness of this website makes me again wonder if we don't have a bunch of kids playing bigtime labor games at 705.

Doesn't 705 represent members from other companies? The locals i've been involved with do. Maybe 705 is too young as a local, too inexperienced as an addminisration, and does't know how to represent all their members. I have a feeling the currrent addministration will not be in office after their next election. Sometimes the power struggle within some locals take priority over the issues members have.

J

Jonfrum

I think Local 705 should go on strike, as they took their strike vote, and see how well that works for the employees, the customers, the local and UPS.

In today's economy, maybe just the change needed for all involved.

Then everyone can adjust to their new business models, to get back to where they were before the strike. Or just be out of business, except UPS, of course, my guess would be they would or are working on a new business plan, if a strike was to occur.

And the "closed shop" may not be open anymore. As opposed to your right to work states, who fall under the National Agreement, for their union members. Just a thought

I think channahon makes a good point. The strike vote was taken it should be acted upon. companies will never fear us if we simply threaten the strike but never deliver. I have heard all the arguments against the strike with the loss of jobs and loss of business. The good news is we the teamsters are organizing our competitors and ups freight. We will have jobs for our people to move to should they lose their ups job. The safety net is there its time we act.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The good news is we the teamsters are organizing our competitors and ups freight. We will have jobs for our people to move to should they lose their ups job. The safety net is there its time we act.

These other jobs pay a lot less then what UPS pays them now. Fedex is hardly what I call a Teamster organizing success, they will benefit the most because of Local 705.

tieguy

Banned
Much like the company pushing across paperwork and telling us to "just sign". Come on Tie,that drops you to the level of a used car salesman.

Cach,

I've read a lot of contract language in my time and I even found the exercise of comparison mind numbing. Your local should have taken key points and listed what the company wanted versus what you want so everyone can understand what is being argued.

I never asked anyone to "just sign" a 150 page document. You know Cach just occasionally you may get some advice here that may make the next talks a little better.

I'm sure you're getting stressed but some you of the criticism here could help you.

Cach,

I've read a lot of contract language in my time and I even found the exercise of comparison mind numbing. Your local should have taken key points and listed what the company wanted versus what you want so everyone can understand what is being argued.

I never asked anyone to "just sign" a 150 page document. You know Cach just occasionally you may get some advice here that may make the next talks a little better.

I'm sure you're getting stressed but some you of the criticism here could help you.

And if we didn`t post everything a management rep would be on here saying how we are hiding something from the members,what must be so bad you won`t let them see it all,etc. Insert propaganda minister comment here.

J

JonFrum

Here we go again . . .

FOR THE RECORD:

Post #130 is not mine. I'm JonFrum, the real one, who spells Frum with a capital "friend".
The poster in post #130 spells frum with a lowercase "friend".

And so when Moderator scratch quotes and responds to Jonfrum in post #131, he is not quoting or responding to me.

Y

You got your wish

And if we didn`t post everything a management rep would be on here saying how we are hiding something from the members,what must be so bad you won`t let them see it all,etc. Insert propaganda minister comment here.

Well chicago you got your wish. company started diverting 3 day to chicago yesterday. 2 day transit points start diverting today. Chicago will be a lot lighter by friday. enjoy your kamikazee death wish.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: Here we go again . . .

FOR THE RECORD:

Post #130 is not mine. I'm JonFrum, the real one, who spells Frum with a capital "friend".
The poster in post #130 spells frum with a lowercase "friend".

And so when Moderator scratch quotes and responds to Jonfrum in post #131, he is not quoting or responding to me.

I did think the content for that post was weird the way it was worded, usually you post a lot of contract or pension info. When an anonymous post gets moderated, the guest name does not show. Anybody can post using any guest name they choose, so that is an advantage to becoming a registered member. This has happened to the real JohnFrum several times now. Sorry I didn't pick up on that, I should have known better.

tieguy

Banned

Cach your site only informs its members on strike votes two and contract language yet they claim to be trying to inform their members. Your site makes it look like they only have one thing they want to inform anyone of. Kind of like viisting someone and finding gunracks in the kitchen and bathrooms. You know exactly whats on their mind.

FAVREFAN

yep, yep might be some truth to that.
Not saying who's right or wrong here but the center spoke of the entire UPS domestic operations is C.A.C.H. It can't "go dark" for long. Not sure if any of you have been there, but let me tell you, it is massive in size and more importantly volume. The company needs it up and running. It's vital.
As for the contract......How about we meet in the middle and all keep working? Peace.