Who are Locals 705

Not saying who's right or wrong here but the center spoke of the entire UPS domestic operations is C.A.C.H. It can't "go dark" for long. Not sure if any of you have been there, but let me tell you, it is massive in size and more importantly volume. The company needs it up and running. It's vital.
As for the contract......How about we meet in the middle and all keep working? Peace.

As I understand it we`re working on it as long as the company keeps negotiating in good faith. Except I heard they pulled this out of their hat today. They would like P.T. package car drivers to run full routes. I don`t want to come across like we think we`re special and getting more than the rest of you. You guys have that in the national,right?

tieguy

Banned
Not saying who's right or wrong here but the center spoke of the entire UPS domestic operations is C.A.C.H. It can't "go dark" for long. Not sure if any of you have been there, but let me tell you, it is massive in size and more importantly volume. The company needs it up and running. It's vital.
As for the contract......How about we meet in the middle and all keep working? Peace.

CACH is a consolidation hub. Everything it handles can be bypassed around it.

tieguy

Banned
As I understand it we`re working on it as long as the company keeps negotiating in good faith. Except I heard they pulled this out of their hat today. They would like P.T. package car drivers to run full routes. I don`t want to come across like we think we`re special and getting more than the rest of you. You guys have that in the national,right?

I have some friends working in chicago. they tell me your guys were saying they would have a strike no matter what was offered as far back as two years ago. I hope your guys were kidding.

Again the point why did 710's talks go so smoothly yet we are led to believe UPS is asking for all kinds of concessions from your local only.
I wonder if your local president has aspirations for bigger and better things. Leading a successfull strike would set him up to run against hoffa.

Bloodybrown

CACH, are you talking about pt air drivers pulling routes in an emergency and than paying them the ground rate???....I know that that is happening by exception in parts of the country now. Does that ever happen in Chicago??

Again the point why did 710's talks go so smoothly

Um,partly because they gave them .10 more an hour than anybody else in the country plus 4% wage increase for the mileage guys,just a thought.
yet we are led to believe UPS is asking for all kinds of concessions from your local only.

Does the national work a "any five in seven" workweek? Give up seniority for comp,dis,fmla? 40 hr vacation for new ft employees? Only at .30 hr pay raise per year? Just to name a few off the top of my head.

I wonder if your local president has aspirations for bigger and better things. Leading a successfully strike would set him up to run against hoffa.

I don`t know about that but from the sound of it he probably couldn`t do worse.

CACH, are you talking about pt air drivers pulling routes in an emergency and than paying them the ground rate???....I know that that is happening by exception in parts of the country now. Does that ever happen in Chicago??

I`m going by the msg I got. Ups want`s pt drivers to run full routes. I haven`t been in pkg for some time but I would think in an emergency situation they could fill in. I don`t think this was that situation.

tieguy

Banned
So we are led to believe that 710 was able to get a better offer then 705 because why?

Cach I think this proves my point that your leadership is inexperienced and not able to handle the job.

710 went about these talks with quiet professionalism and got a better deal. meanwhile your guys are screwing the pooch with their tactics.

tieguy

Banned
I`m going by the msg I got. Ups want`s pt drivers to run full routes. I haven`t been in pkg for some time but I would think in an emergency situation they could fill in. I don`t think this was that situation.

thats the problem the message you got. With no details as to when and how this would apply. They put out this half cocked information and get you all worked up rather then presenting the whole proposal.

Meanwhile 710 is working on mailing out ballots.

Bloodybrown

So we are led to believe that 710 was able to get a better offer then 705 because why?

Cach I think this proves my point that your leadership is inexperienced and not able to handle the job.

710 went about these talks with quiet professionalism and got a better deal. meanwhile your guys are screwing the pooch with their tactics.
Amen !

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
I have some friends working in chicago. they tell me your guys were saying they would have a strike no matter what was offered as far back as two years ago. I hope your guys were kidding.

Again the point why did 710's talks go so smoothly yet we are led to believe UPS is asking for all kinds of concessions from your local only.
I wonder if your local president has aspirations for bigger and better things. Leading a successfull strike would set him up to run against hoffa.

tieguy, you been misinformed. we have trying to reach a good agreement on many terms. But by august 1st if we don't have a contract on the table that we both agree on or we are striking! It's that simple!

Tell you what,since Red was one of the guys who worked on the negotiating committee I`ll let him fill you in on how well a bunch of rookies did at the table. I think he deserves it.

I don`t know about relations with pooches,maybe thats why your wound up. You should try a girl some time.

FAVREFAN

We were offered much less in all catagories compared to the national aggreement. What's the deal with that? That's why we had to stand up here.
Listen, I'm really sick of all the b.s. I think both sides are underskilled at communication. The longer I work here the more tired I get of being caught in the middle. It's over now(provided it passes) and everyone can get on with it. Let's move forward.

tieguy

Banned
Tell you what,since Red was one of the guys who worked on the negotiating committee I`ll let him fill you in on how well a bunch of rookies did at the table. I think he deserves it.

I don`t know about relations with pooches,maybe thats why your wound up. You should try a girl some time.

I did but you wanted too much money.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I did but you wanted too much money.
Tie i know you have read all of these posts several times and you are aware that what we asked for was the same as what the national asked for in its first several proposals. Im not planning on working at nasa as an engineer but i do know that the buck we asked for was closer to the nationals 70, 75,75,85, and 95 cents than ups's 30,35,35,40and 50 cents. We were only off by 15 cents in year 4 and 5 cents off in year 5.

I dont want to keep up a pissing match now that its settled and would like to move on but if you keep posting nonsense i will call you on it everytime!

tieguy

Banned
Tie i know you have read all of these posts several times and you are aware that what we asked for was the same as what the national asked for in its first several proposals. Im not planning on working at nasa as an engineer but i do know that the buck we asked for was closer to the nationals 70, 75,75,85, and 95 cents than ups's 30,35,35,40and 50 cents. We were only off by 15 cents in year 4 and 5 cents off in year 5.

I dont want to keep up a pissing match now that its settled and would like to move on but if you keep posting nonsense i will call you on it everytime!

Red,

The nonsense came from your camp.

the facts are that 710 negotiated their contract with quiet professionalism while 705 panicked and tried to get the whole country in an uproar.

Were we supposed to believe that the company was negotiating any differently with 710 then they were with 705?

Clearly your leadership group did not understand the negotiating process. They did your members and our company a great disservice with their child like theatrics.

Part of the problem was you were a poor witness to the proceedings. Its clear you did not understand what you were reporting on.

So then we get your 11 pm the night before the world is coming to an end we will settle this in the streets speech to a handshake early the next morning.

How does that go from one extreme to another if you really understood what you were observing.

you added to the hysteria.

so threaten me with "calling me on whatever you want" but the fact is that the keystone cops could have handled these negotiations better then the idiots you have in charge.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,

The nonsense came from your camp.

You were unable to rebut anything that i said with any facts, just plain out propoganda.

the facts are that 710 negotiated their contract with quiet professionalism while 705 panicked and tried to get the whole country in an uproar.

Were we supposed to believe that the company was negotiating any differently with 710 then they were with 705?

Who panicked? Ask any 710 member on here if they were offered anything like the lowball offers that we were. I talked with the 710 rank and filers on the committee and they were not offered anything close to us. The told us that ups was fing with us. This was ups's attempt at discouraging the membership against our current leadership.

Clearly your leadership group did not understand the negotiating process. They did your members and our company a great disservice with their child like theatrics.

Compare the final contracts to each other and see who did better. Was it the inexperienced 705 team (your words) or the national?

Part of the problem was you were a poor witness to the proceedings. Its clear you did not understand what you were reporting on.

So then we get your 11 pm the night before the world is coming to an end we will settle this in the streets speech to a handshake early the next morning.

How does that go from one extreme to another if you really understood what you were observing.

When we walked out at 11pm wednesday night it hit the company (my opinion) that we were serious and that we had alot of support from across the country. Your buddy marty frates was even mentioned by your labor manager out of atlanta, and martys appearance in solidarity did have a big part in this.
you added to the hysteria.

so threaten me with "calling me on whatever you want" but the fact is that the keystone cops could have handled these negotiations better then the idiots you have in charge.
Im still waiting for you to post some facts! Up to this point you have not. You can let it go or we can keep jabbing its your call.

tieguy

Banned
Im still waiting for you to post some facts! Up to this point you have not. You can let it go or we can keep jabbing its your call.

Its all there Red for you to read. It appears your reading and comprehension levels have not diminished down to the level of the idiots you had negotiating your contract.

Thanks for the drama and the heart attack you gave the country. Nice job getting all your brothers worked up with the bullsheet theatrics.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its all there Red for you to read. It appears your reading and comprehension levels have not diminished down to the level of the idiots you had negotiating your contract.

Thanks for the drama and the heart attack you gave the country. Nice job getting all your brothers worked up with the bullsheet theatrics.
Tie im going to be te better man here, the talks are over and we need to move forward to help this company grow. You can go ahead and keep up your flames and bs, but im done responding to you over this. If you have questions on the contract i will answer those questions but bickering back and forth over a dead issue now does no good for anyone.

tieguy

Banned
Tie im going to be te better man here, the talks are over and we need to move forward to help this company grow. You can go ahead and keep up your flames and bs, but im done responding to you over this. If you have questions on the contract i will answer those questions but bickering back and forth over a dead issue now does no good for anyone.

Red its not a flame its an honest evaluation of how your union handled these talks.

Your guys lost a lot of credibility especially when 710 settled their contract without all the theatrics.