Who else has no problem with a strike?

Hroller

I'll be honest with you. I could use a week or so off.
But I realize that many workers are in debt up to their ass.

Me? I owe no one anything. So my paycheck is just some spending money.
I know....it sounds selfish. But that is how I choose to live.
I pay CASH for EVERYTHING!

Now with that said, is anyone else looking forward to a strike?

El Correcto

god is dead

I got a truck to live in and a gym to shower at. Let’s do it my guy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
tenor (26).gif

542thruNthru

A strike will hurt the company, which in turn will hurt us. I'm sure in ways we can't even think of. We don't just come back from a strike and everything is the same. People from the 97 strike can tell you that.

Do I want a strike? No

Am I afraid to strike? Hell No

Me and the wife have 6 months of expenses set aside like always along with my strike fund that is currently at 3 months of pay right now. Even though I have all that I'm not looking forward to a strike.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm at a point where I kinda need the strike to happen. You see, I bought this beach front property in Arizona, the sale closes in December, and I have to be there to sign the papers. Strike's the only way I'm getting time off.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
After that I'm supposed to fly to Nigeria to meet with this Prince I helped out with some financial difficulties a few months back. I tell you, this is the year that everything starts turning around for ol' 2033. Mark my words.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Only way your going on strike is if you walk out on your own.

Nimnim

The Nim
I don't want a strike, but I'm willing to strike over this language that isn't good for anyone but those just hired.

I don't think a strike will happen, even if this first vote is very heavily voted down, they'll draw out the negotiations; oh look it's fall/winter the golfing in Florida is wonderful, and our next proposal will probably be in March then voting will probably happen in May. Hopefully they'll have learned we don't want the BS they offered and give us something we could grit our teeth and say it's good but I wouldn't bet on it and we'll probably get an agreement that is better but still pisses off people who will actually be working under it.

mikejonesjr

I wouldn't mind it. But there has to be something specific for that we are asking for in the contract that we haven't got yet for it to make sense to me.

siouxman

siouxman

1 week if a strike happens and we go back to work it will take weeks for the operation to get back on track

siouxman

siouxman
A strike will hurt the company, which in turn will hurt us. I'm sure in ways we can't even think of. We don't just come back from a strike and everything is the same. People from the 97 strike can tell you that.

Do I want a strike? No

Am I afraid to strike? Hell No

Me and the wife have 6 months of expenses set aside like always along with my strike fund that is currently at 3 months of pay right now. Even though I have all that I'm not looking forward to a strike.
I walked the line last strike and when it was over it took forever to get things moving.nothing in the system was guaranteed so it was moved slowly and not everyone goes back to work the day after. FORGIVE me if my take is wrong but some seem to think a strike is a big party.Its boring tedious and the day is long.It took years for the animosity to clear and some dont come back.I would venture to say most people dont have enough money to last 30 days.striking is a very last resort pray it doesn't happen. Things won't be the same and our jobs will change

siouxman

siouxman
Once the strike notice is given if we give the company notice ups will notify customers of the impending strike and begin cleaning the system of volume.not all volume will be delivered and what is left will be stuck and management will attempt delivery if possible.outside contractors may be hired to move loads .picket lines go up and you sign in every day so you get the strike pay .

siouxman

siouxman
I don't want a strike, but I'm willing to strike over this language that isn't good for anyone but those just hired.

I don't think a strike will happen, even if this first vote is very heavily voted down, they'll draw out the negotiations; oh look it's fall/winter the golfing in Florida is wonderful, and our next proposal will probably be in March then voting will probably happen in May. Hopefully they'll have learned we don't want the BS they offered and give us something we could grit our teeth and say it's good but I wouldn't bet on it and we'll probably get an agreement that is better but still pisses off people who will actually be working under it.
I respect your view so here is mine. Language in contracts have always been fuzzy. What I have found is over time it evolves some for the good and some not so good. I know the company tries every trick to have things work in their favor. WHAT we need is better local reps to continue to enforce the contract.

siouxman

siouxman

Here's my thought. Dont under estimate Ups.The company is looking to re invent itself and I think this is one of those times.They have a history of doing this and will not be afraid to roll the dice.