who got murdered today? On Topic

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Lots of stuff piled up in my station. I delivered everything for my route except one. Ten hours OT. Winning! Crossing my fingers for a light day Monday.

Nolimitz

65.5 hrs this week. 40 straight time, 15 Ot, and 10.5 double time. We ran all mon, tues, wed stuff. Station is empty. Praying for light Monday with a start time of 05:30. Cant wait to get back to 4/10 weeks. 90+ rtes launched today

Purplepackage

65.5 hrs this week. 40 straight time, 15 Ot, and 10.5 double time. We ran all mon, tues, wed stuff. Station is empty. Praying for light Monday with a start time of 05:30. Cant wait to get back to 4/10 weeks. 90+ rtes launched today

After these last 2 weeks I need Monday to be light lol

Starting at 06:30, fingers crossed for an easy 100 stops

Oldfart

Yet they under-ultilize your position. Yep, makes perfect sense. (snicker)
I actually worked about 60 hrs this week. Ran some overflow and pulled a few trailers. Have an expensive weekend in Miami coming up and if my Sooners win, another one in California the next week. I will have to buy last minute plane tickets to California because I have to make sure my Sooners will be playing so I figured some extra pocket change would come in handy.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Weather cooperating this week and the next... clocked out at 2200 for a change

we finally got caught up Saturday.

I'm running a full rural route without my sweet spot (the gated community) since no supplemental drivers don't like the darkness.

Nephew finished the semester in college & wants to see the single system changes over the older, but better HD system. He's gonna be my jumper for the rest of December.

I'm still recuperating from the 7 day work week, watching latest movies from my iP TV box.

Finally saw multiple Amazon vans on my route along with the usual PVD flex drivers since usps aren't working past dusk either

Meat

This is not an OldFart thread. For a continued discussion on him and his glorious stories or loving banter between Cactus and Dano, please go here...

https://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/off-topic.376266/

Back to topic.

Yeah, the posts from all three parties are usually pretty absurd.

This is a pretty serious MB, so I’m going to get the thread back on topic.

After the sort today, my senior manager was telling me a story about this time that she came face-to-face with a shark while snorkeling.

I generally don’t care about my co-worker’s lives, but since it was the senior I thought I should add a witty anecdote about sharks.

I politely asked her if she ever heard the story about Led Zeppelin pleasuring a groupie with a shark.

Long story short, I was sent home, and may be looking at termination.

If I am terminated, do you think it would be worth it to GFT the matter?

OrioN

Wow, my manager split up my route into 2... I was put on the special list of drivers to run off DEX 002s & 003s 13 stops 200 miles, wheeeeeee!

Called ahead before leaving the terminal for the ASR alcohol gifts... all were home to sign for them.

I got an extra manifest of my route & called both of them to give area knowledge of certain misplots and hard to find homes in the sticks.

Apparently the road warrior app that they were using isn't as good as the Garmin GPS units. I had to rescue both of them. Meet up and took those hard stops to deliver them.

Rolled into the terminal to see if anything else to run off, 90% of the routes were finished by 1400.

Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

Back to the rat race on Wednesday to hear pissed off customers delivering late Xmas presents... sigh, they better be tracking their stuff and not complain when it didn't arrive at the final terminal today

Ps, off topic, but who's Meat's other persona?

OrioN

We worked Saturday and Sunday. 75 deliveries Saturday, 90 deliveries Sunday left only 85 deliveries for today. Manager wanted us out by 1300, so I dropped 15. I was home by 1315 :)

Did another driver took those 15? They weren't Xmas presents, perishable, or meds... right?

Purplepackage

I punched out with 6 hours exactly, left all my Wednesday and Thursdays though.

Quite frankly you had 12 months to order Christmas presents and if you waited until the last second, it’s not my issue

STFXG

Well that was a fun peak. 25% higher HD volume than last year. Averaged 180 stops per day myself. 99.8% service. Everyone off by noon today other than myself. Hung around to cover pickups. Latest night we got back was 1800. Not sure wtf Orion is doing. Lol. Poor bastard.

OrioN

Heeeeey, I was finally given a break! 1400 clocked out after finding those stops that were DEX 002 & 003 & helping out those 2 drivers that were covering my route today

Previous month the supplemental drivers were bringing back stops because of the darkness. I had to cover my rural area myself.

The gated community that I can easily do 20 stops per hour was given to the millennial generation of pussilanimous drivers.

Noon start time was the norm for me since there weren't enough parking slots in the terminal.

We staggered the start time. The p1000 and p700 and a few p500s were on the main belts. Cargo vans and box trucks on the middle aisles when space was available. Since they fall under 10,000 lbs we don't have to worry about that 70 hour work week or 34 hour reset period.

I knew my area in the dark, so I come in later when we had room.