who got murdered today? On Topic

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My subcontractor group was compensating me over $1000 - 1300 a week... because I exceeded my 90 stop threshold for this rural route daily

Last edited:

SmithBarney

Well, it's over. Probably the easiest peak of my career. My area is clean I even Delivered some UPS today guy was driving a 28footer and couldn't make some driveways(2-3mile driveways) and left them by the road., but Not without headaches.. Station still has backlog, perisbles and meds and gifts on the floors. NO ONE working(not even the front counter tomorrow) not allowed.

chris45

I had 90 deliveries today from 3 different routes in 3 different areas, random people threw stuff in my pile(I literally just van scanned :censored2: and threw it in my van) and i had single packages that were like 45 mins from where I was. Delivery list didnt show up on my power pad and I just had to wing it. I got out the building at 1030 and had a pickup route that covers 3 routes that started at 130. So I had to knock out random pickups and drive back to deliver from the cluster:censored2: of packages that was in my dodge caravan. everybody had a max of 50 deliveries and went home early(according to the am manager, which is why I had 90...)I just got off at 945 pm and clocked in 13 and a half hours....this was probably the most interesting day I've had in 5 years....lol

Oldfart

I had 90 deliveries today from 3 different routes in 3 different areas, random people threw stuff in my pile(I literally just van scanned :censored2: and threw it in my van) and i had single packages that were like 45 mins from where I was. Delivery list didnt show up on my power pad and I just had to wing it. I got out the building at 1030 and had a pickup route that covers 3 routes that started at 130. So I had to knock out random pickups and drive back to deliver from the cluster:censored2: of packages that was in my dodge caravan. everybody had a max of 50 deliveries and went home early(according to the am manager, which is why I had 90...)I just got off at 945 pm and clocked in 13 and a half hours....this was probably the most interesting day I've had in 5 years....lol
Put that in your memory bank for when they ask for help next peak. Never screw your help.

Purplepackage

We have a guy who’s been here about 6 years and gets screwed around like that all the time. It’s that he’s very efficient and always says yes.

Well he’s finally had enough and was telling me how he’s calling off New Year’s Eve and the second this year for a nice vacation lol

whenIgetthere

That is why when I get help, I give them a tight area that they can knock off quickly if they have to. I remember being a swing and getting screwed like that. My helper asked me why I give her a nice tight area, and everyone else just drops what they don't like to do.

dezguy

The exact way it should be
What? You mean you shouldn't give them all your rod's or make them drive from one corner of your route, to the other? Blasphemy!

Sad thing is, is that the younger guys, where I am do it properly. It's the old timers who have no issue screwing people over for their own gain. Although, it's been pointed out to me that I am now in the top 10 in seniority at my sta so I guess that makes me an old timer. I'm cool though, I don't pull that :censored2:. Had it happen to me too many times when I was a youngin.

Purplepackage

What? You mean you shouldn't give them all your rod's or make them drive from one corner of your route, to the other? Blasphemy!

Sad thing is, is that the younger guys, where I am do it properly. It's the old timers who have no issue screwing people over for their own gain. Although, it's been pointed out to me that I am now in the top 10 in seniority at my sta so I guess that makes me an old timer. I'm cool though, I don't pull that :censored2:. Had it happen to me too many times when I was a youngin.

It’s just common sense, you drop your tightest area because 9/10 times your help is also helping 2 or 3 other routes. So you’re doing 100 stops in 1 area while the help is doing 150 in 3

dezguy

It’s just common sense, you drop your tightest area because 9/10 times your help is also helping 2 or 3 other routes. So you’re doing 100 stops in 1 area while the help is doing 150 in 3
Agreed but there are too many people that don't care enough to think like that.

Personally, I usually end up giving up my easiest stuff just because I hate having to get help but, as I said, there are far too many people I work with who are more than willing to leave behind all their rod's, even if it has the person helping driving all over the place.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That’s right, never screw the help routes. If they do a good job, let a manager know. Some managers might actually listen and give you the same helper next peak.

As with different stations, different managers, your mileage may vary.

Star B

White Lightening
Delivery list didnt show up on my power pad and I just had to wing it.

Tips to help this:

When you sign in, even if you KNOW you won't have a delivery list (BS made up route number that works), still say YES to "Would you like a DEL list?" and YES to REQUEST LIST. (okay, the terms are wrong because now I just instinctively press the right places to make it work)

Also, while in the station, after you van it, submit your vans and go take a :censored2: and leave your powerpad in the truck. It will submit your vans and then should download the stops and stop information while your :censored2:ting without the annoying beeps after you sign into dispatch. After you head on-road and sign into dispatch and for whatever reason there's still a clog, do a "Verify Request"... Dispatch/Verify Request. Sometimes that helps the clog out and you'll get the annoying beeps from hell for an hour. But you'll have a list.

Also, make sure the PPAD was shoed from the night before. I had an issue when I ran an overnight run that didn't get the morning upload and I wouldn't get a list unless I signed all the way out, shoed it, went and did something else, and then signed back in after it updated from starbase, then it would work.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
@chris45 , he's express???

Hourly pay > salary pay

Take that ot hourly pay n get it done!

I, on the other hand, am customer-driven & won't have service failures for my core customers that knew me for the past 3 years on my bid route

Preventable

We have a guy who’s been here about 6 years and gets screwed around like that all the time. It’s that he’s very efficient and always says yes.

Well he’s finally had enough and was telling me how he’s calling off New Year’s Eve and the second this year for a nice vacation lol

He's going to lose 8 hours of pay if he calls out day before or after a holiday. Is he a swing? He should just ask for an easy day that day. Where I worked the managers would try and hook it up for productive stallions like that if they asked ahead of time and it was possible.

Purplepackage

He's going to lose 8 hours of pay if he calls out day before or after a holiday. Is he a swing? He should just ask for an easy day that day. Where I worked the managers would try and hook it up for productive stallions like that if they asked ahead of time and it was possible.

Years ago that’s how it worked for us also. Now we have 2 managers that have a very much bred and us against them mentality.

Basically the people who do the job and work get over worked and then also yelled at for the slackers. I really can understand how that can turn a caring employee into a non caring one

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That’s right, never screw the help routes. If they do a good job, let a manager know. Some managers might actually listen and give you the same helper next peak.

As with different stations, different managers, your mileage may vary.
I’ve had the same guy on a helper route for the last three years. He helps me and another two routes. I always tell him he’s the best helper EVER. We have bought him a gift card for Cabella’s for the last few years in appreciation.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’ve had the same guy on a helper route for the last three years. He helps me and another two routes. I always tell him he’s the best helper EVER. We have bought him a gift card for Cabella’s for the last few years in appreciation.
That’s good you get the same reliable helper year after year. At my station, if we had somebody good, there was always an excellent chance they’d get moved to help a different loop. Got pretty frustrating.