Who Is Watching?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The current number of viewers on this forum indicates a much higher level of interest than in the past, which is probably a sign that Memphis is monitoring it heavily. On one hand, that's good, because they might finally be awakening from their collective coma. On the other, it's bad, because we all know what the usual reaction to open criticism and union interest means.....more BS and an uptick in the effort to target union sympathizers.

After all, Fred wants to make sure the $100 million he has spent on his political pocket poodles will net the results he wants, which is an end to a reform of the RLA voting rules. The GOP is more than happy to do his bidding, with a few Democrats thrown-in for an extra margin of safety. Just keeping us under the RLA isn't good enough for Fred. He wants to make sure we have a zero chance of organizing. Fair? Hardly, but that's our political system in action. It works for those who have the money to abuse it. Unfortunately, Fred thinks he and his other 1% friends deserve their own private legislative system.

What if Smith had actually invested that money in new equipment or, better yet, in his employees? No, he'd rather continue to screw us into the ground and then pound dirt into the hole so he can have 20 year topouts, a corrupt medical plan and low wages forever. Oh, and don't forget our non-pension "retirement plan", the PPA or PPP (Piss Poor Plan), or whatever the current acronym is at the present time.

If Fred has his way, eventually there will be no medical or retirement at all. What a guy.

Screw you, Smith.

vantexan

...so he can have 20 year topouts...

Who tops out in 20 years? More like 40+. It seems you're angry because you aren't getting UPS comparable pay and benefits. Spend 10+ years in the shoes of struggling mid-range employees. We'd be thrilled to have what you have.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

At this point, I would be happy with a decent pension and having Cigna back. Just the loss of the hassles of this Anthem crap is worth it to me, since my family seems to spend a lot of time at the doctors office.

I wonder if Freddy realizes that he gave us UNION insurance? We have the same set-up now as UPS TEAMSTERS..I know it for a fact because my Dad is a UPS TEAMSTER....(insert evil laugh) we got the union's toes in the door...

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
After reading all the horror stories about Anthem and having to deal with some of it myself, I'll be bailing on it and getting on my wife's health ins. It will cost a little more but I think it will be worth it.

One night I was out late del'ing to a good customer's house. I told the wife that we just went to Anthem from Cigna. She gasped and gave me this really startled look. I asked her why? This is when I found out that she was a biller for a medical office. She told me quite bluntly that Anthem was the absolute WORST ins. co. out there. And then warned me that I better pre-verify EVERYTHING regaurding coverage.

Ghostwriter

WOW! 179 people viewing this forum! I do believe this will prove to be a growing trend. It is great that many people want to be informed about what is going on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
WOW! 179 people viewing this forum! I do believe this will prove to be a growing trend. It is great that many people want to be informed about what is going on.

Actually, this might mot be the trend we were hoping for. Look at the numbers for the other forums (UPS etc), and you'll see some much bigger numbers than in the past. My guess is that our traffic is up, but that the people who run this site are also including mobile apps in the count.

Ghostwriter

That is true, MrFedEx. However, as John Conner once said (Terminator movie) "If you are hearing (in my case reading) this, you are the resistance". Unless the reader is a (shill) in which case they can be detected easily.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is true, MrFedEx. However, as John Conner once said (Terminator movie) "If you are hearing (in my case reading) this, you are the resistance". Unless the reader is a (shill) in which case they can be detected easily.

The shills on here fold like a house of cards.

fedups

The current number of viewers on this forum indicates a much higher level of interest than in the past, which is probably a sign that Memphis is monitoring it heavily. On one hand, that's good, because they might finally be awakening from their collective coma. On the other, it's bad, because we all know what the usual reaction to open criticism and union interest means.....more BS and an uptick in the effort to target union sympathizers.After all, Fred wants to make sure the $100 million he has spent on his political pocket poodles will net the results he wants, which is an end to a reform of the RLA voting rules. The GOP is more than happy to do his bidding, with a few Democrats thrown-in for an extra margin of safety. Just keeping us under the RLA isn't good enough for Fred. He wants to make sure we have a zero chance of organizing. Fair? Hardly, but that's our political system in action. It works for those who have the money to abuse it. Unfortunately, Fred thinks he and his other 1% friends deserve their own private legislative system.What if Smith had actually invested that money in new equipment or, better yet, in his employees? No, he'd rather continue to screw us into the ground and then pound dirt into the hole so he can have 20 year topouts, a corrupt medical plan and low wages forever. Oh, and don't forget our non-pension "retirement plan", the PPA or PPP (Piss Poor Plan), or whatever the current acronym is at the present time.If Fred has his way, eventually there will be no medical or retirement at all. What a guy.Screw you, Smith.

fedups

Hang on just a second... Let me correct a few things. I'm a UPS'er now, but used to be with FedEx for many years. My wife is still with FedEx and we currently carry our health benefits through FedEx. Due to our options, it was financially better for us on the benefits we chose. You can spew all you want, but I believe you are misguided. I remember when Fred poured millions of dollars into a pilot pension fund (Tiger union) that was UNDERFUNDED. He didn't have to, but did anyway. I met Fred on several occasions and am greatful for my experience at FedEx. The wages are similar so don't go there, and they do invest in equipment and technology. I've been there! These are two great companies and the grass is alway greener from the other side. If you really feel they way you write, then leave...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hang on just a second... Let me correct a few things. I'm a UPS'er now, but used to be with FedEx for many years. My wife is still with FedEx and we currently carry our health benefits through FedEx. Due to our options, it was financially better for us on the benefits we chose. You can spew all you want, but I believe you are misguided. I remember when Fred poured millions of dollars into a pilot pension fund (Tiger union) that was UNDERFUNDED. He didn't have to, but did anyway. I met Fred on several occasions and am greatful for my experience at FedEx. The wages are similar so don't go there, and they do invest in equipment and technology. I've been there! These are two great companies and the grass is alway greener from the other side. If you really feel they way you write, then leave...

Yeah Fred will do what it takes for the pilots (and politicians) but for most of the workforce we get the shaft. And you're such a good friend of Fred's. Right. He hasn't visited a station probably in 30 years, most likely for fear of employee resentment.

Now tell us Fedups how the wages are similar with UPS, we're anxiously waiting.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Let me correct you, OK?The wages aren't even close to being "similar", and the last time I checked, it didn't take 20 years to top-out over at Brown. Good for you that you met Fred. Did you count your fingers after the meeting? He's as slimy as they get.

On investment, Fred like to buy airplanes, and won't spend a nickel more than he has to on anyone who isn't a manager or a pilot. Most of our vehicle fleet is crap, especially over on the AGFS side.

Fred funded the Tiger pension because he had to as part of the purchase agreement. If he could have, he would have fired everyone at Tigers because any fool knows that FedEx bought Tigers for their routes and landing rights, not their people. Their airplanes and equipment were largely junk, and retired as soon as possible. FedEx methodically eliminated all but a few Tiger managers and kept employees who were knowledgable in international operations.

The grass is brown and dead at FedEx, so even if the turf over at UPS doesn't look like a US Open green, it's a hell of a lot better than FedEx. Oh, and if FedEx was so great, why did you go over to UPS? Tool.....

Ghostwriter

Hey there fedups, First, no one here ever has to leave their job simply for using this great thing called: THE FIRST AMENDMENT. This forum serves as a device for different points of view to agree or disagree with. Not everyone has had the lovely romantic book cover experience you may have had. You may have a bright future on advertising and recruiting somewhere.

fedups

I started at FDX in 89 with the buyout, spent 15 years there and took the buyout in 2003, Fred DID NOT HAVE TO fund the pension and it was NOT part of the purchase agreement. I was there. My Wife is a FedEx employee and has been so for 18 years. Wages are similar, simple as that. As far as my romantic book cover, I have crawled my way back over the last 8 years. I had to EARN my promotions every step of the way, nothing handed to me. I chose to succeed because I wanted to. Complaining will get you nowhere, trust me. The last person I want to promote is someone who milks the clock, drags their feet, and blames someone else for their failings. What are you going to do?
As I've said, these are two great companies, they are wired differently, but both provide opportunities for those willing to seek them out. I was there at the birth of UPS Airlines. Not many know that their flight dispatch started at LCK but I am glad to have been a part of it. By the way, you don't have to leave your job, but if I sounded as miserable as you folks do, I would have nobody but myself to blame. You have choices...