Who should offer advice about Abortion

av8torntn

If you want children, then marry a woman who wants to have children with you.

Why doesn't that apply to women? Your solution could be for women to only have sex with men who don't want to have children but its not so no real enlightenment on why men should not be treated equally.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why doesn't that apply to women? Your solution could be for women to only have sex with men who don't want to have children but its not so no real enlightenment on why men should not be treated equally.
It does apply to women. If a woman wants children then she should marry a guy who wants the same thing. This seems pretty obvious.

av8torntn

It does apply to women. If a woman wants children then she should marry a guy who wants the same thing. This seems pretty obvious.

But you're taking the position that after a pregnancy happens the male should lose all rights and should not be allowed to even voice an opinion?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
But you're taking the position that after a pregnancy happens the male should lose all rights and should not be allowed to even voice an opinion?
The time for a guy to have a say about it is before he gets his dick wet. If the possibility of her getting pregnant wasn't important enough for you to talk about beforehand, don't expect her to start caring about your opinion after the fact. If you really want children, why are you out having unprotected sex with women who don't want children?

av8torntn

The time for a guy to have a say about it is before he gets his dick wet. If the possibility of her getting pregnant wasn't important enough for you to talk about beforehand, don't expect her to start caring about your opinion after the fact. If you really want children, why are you out having unprotected sex with women who don't want children?

Why does that not apply to women? That was my original question then your reply was that it did, now we are back to your position of unequal rights. This makes no sense.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Because it's her body and she's the one who is pregnant, it's implicit that it's going to be her decision. That doesn't need to be spelled out. If you want children, you really need to bring that up beforehand and make sure that she wants the same thing.

av8torntn

Because it's her body and she's the one who is pregnant, it's implicit that it's going to be her decision. That doesn't need to be spelled out. If you want children, you really need to bring that up beforehand and make sure that she wants the same thing.

So could I do with my body what I want? Could I use my body to kill a female just because I'm stronger? The state already tells females and males what they can do with their bodies so if we used your standard and apply it to females she would have made her decision when she decided to have sex. The problem I have with your standard is that you treat women as second class citizens who have no ability to make decisions. I still see your explanation as lacking substance.

I just wanted to understand your position but for some reason you seem to think some childish statement like one dick no voice is a logical explanation but its not very progressive of you.

av8torntn

First answer why it doesn't apply to you(meaning men in general).

That's what I'd like to know. Why isn't sex considered a mutual decision? Why is his standard not the same for both sexes? Of the female decided to have the child the male is on the hook for half even if he wanted her to kill the child. He didn't advocate for a male to have the ability to force a female to abort.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That's what I'd like to know. Why isn't sex considered a mutual decision? Why is his standard not the same for both sexes? Of the female decided to have the child the male is on the hook for half even if he wanted her to kill the child. He didn't advocate for a male to have the ability to force a female to abort.
But, they already do in other areas of the world. That's why, in America, women have the right to choose. And, why shouldn't the man have to make a conscience decision to wrap it up or not?

av8torntn

But, they already do in other areas of the world. That's why, in America, women have the right to choose. And, why shouldn't the man have to make a conscience decision to wrap it up or not?

Why then shouldn't men have an equal right in your view?

I personally do not want children, and have none, but I also do not see that as a valid reason to deprive a child of life, liberty, or the actual right to pursue happiness.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So could I do with my body what I want? Could I use my body to kill a female just because I'm stronger?
Um, ok..
The state already tells females and males what they can do with their bodies so if we used your standard and apply it to females she would have made her decision when she decided to have sex. The problem I have with your standard is that you treat women as second class citizens who have no ability to make decisions. I still see your explanation as lacking substance.
Abortions are legal. Women can get them. They don't need your permission and they're not required to listen to your opinions. If you want children you should try and find a woman who wants the same thing, it's really that simple.

av8torntn

Um, ok..

Abortions are legal. Women can get them. They don't need your permission and they're not required to listen to your opinions. If you want children you should try and find a woman who wants the same thing, it's really that simple.

I fully understand that, but I question YOUR opinion that because I was born male I should not even be allowed to have or voice an opinion. I also question YOUR opinion that women are second class citizens with no ability to make decisions on the same standard that you hold males.

You view is not very logical.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you suggesting that if a woman gets pregnant and wants an abortion but the man is not in favor that the woman should then be forced to carry the baby to term and hand he/she over to the man after delivery?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why then shouldn't men have an equal right in your view?

I personally do not want children, and have none, but I also do not see that as a valid reason to deprive a child of life, liberty, or the actual right to pursue happiness.
But, you see it as a valid reason to force a woman to face carrying a life inside her, forever changing her body and chemistry? You have a strange view of fair.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I fully understand that, but I question YOUR opinion that because I was born male I should not even be allowed to have or voice an opinion. I also question YOUR opinion that women are second class citizens with no ability to make decisions on the same standard that you hold males.

You view is not very logical.
If you fully understand that, then you should also understand that the time to voice your opinion about children is before she gets pregnant. What's really not logical is expecting her to be a mind reader, or trying to have children with women who don't want to have children.

av8torntn

Are you suggesting that if a woman gets pregnant and wants an abortion but the man is not in favor that the woman should then be forced to carry the baby to term and hand he/she over to the man after delivery?

I'm not suggesting anything. That's why a question mark was used.

I am simply seeking to understand an illogical position. If he would have said the he supported abortion because he want to have lots of sex but no children that's something I could understand but just disagree with. The you shouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion position, from a moderator of an opinion based Internet forum, is very difficult to understand.

As an aside my opinion of abortion has never been asked or given.

av8torntn

If you fully understand that, then you should also understand that the time to voice your opinion about children is before she gets pregnant. What's really not logical is expecting her to be a mind reader, or trying to have children with women who don't want to have children.

Again why would that only apply to me?

Why should she expect me to be a mind reader? I'm great and all but that's excessive. Why is the female in your world trying to get pregnant when she doesn't want children? It makes not sense to look down on women like that.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Again why would that only apply to me?

Why should she expect me to be a mind reader? I'm great and all but that's excessive. Why is the female in your world trying to get pregnant when she doesn't want children? It makes not sense to look down on women like that.
No one expects you to be a mind reader either, that's why if either one of you is looking for more than casual sex you should say so. And if you don't want kids, either wrap it or keep it in your pants.