Who should offer advice about Abortion

BrownArmy

Actions have consequences unless you're female?

If we're assuming that the sex was consensual, and that neither party planned on pregnancy, then I'll give the decision-making power to the woman.

The 50-50 shared commitment, in terms of responsibility, ended with 'insert TAB-A into SLOT-B'.

Once the woman's pregnant, now it's like a business venture, except that the guy has about a $2 investment, the woman $98.

And you still want the guy to have 50% in the decision-making process?

menotyou

bella amicizia
If that were true I could understand that point but it simply isn't true.
Ok. I'm dying to know.

A. What do you think about abortion?

B. What rights do you think the woman has when an unwanted pregnancy arises?

C. What rights do you think the man has?

D. What rights do you think the child has?

S

serenity now

av8torntn - imagine you are walking directly toward a high capacity limb chipper running at full throttle.
back away slowly

av8torntn

Ok. I'm dying to know.

I thought being male that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I thought being male that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion.
Oh my god. You sound like my ex. Here I am asking your opinion and, somehow, you find a way to condescend.

I am asking your opinion, as I am genuinely interested. Would you like to respond?

av8torntn

Oh my god. You sound like my ex. Here I am asking your opinion and, somehow, you find a way to condescend.

I am asking your opinion, as I am genuinely interested. Would you like to respond?

Ok I don't think the father or child have any rights and I think that's a negative thing in a free society.

beentheredonethat

Ok. I'm dying to know.

A. I am against abortion. I don't like the term fetus, it is a human life that is developing in the wound. It is the most defenseless of us. I do not believe in murder of the innocent and I believe that is what abortion is.
B\C. Let me first answer, what right do I think a woman\max has when it comes to having sex. I think the woman\man has a right to say no. I think a woman\man has a right to utilize birth control. I think a woman\man has an obligation to know the consequences of sex (even with protection) in that in can create a human life. I believe that if a woman\man has sex, she\he has already accepted responsibility for having a baby together.

B\C. Now that I stated the above, a man and woman has the responsibility to raise and take care of the baby. This may mean adoption.

D. The child is the innocent person in this equation, they have the right to life.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Flippant and disingenuous - yes

Condescending - No

I don't think he was acting as if he is superior or that he was lowering himself to your level.

I however, am being a smartadz and confrontational ... remind you of anyone?

beentheredonethat

I'll add one more comment. I realize many men on the board will laugh at this and potentially make fun of my decision. When I was in high school, I dated a girl in one of my classes. We went out a few times, I realized she was much more into me, then I was her. However, after being on a date, we would go parking and I realized by getting to third base very easily, I could have had sex with her if I wanted. (Trust me, I did want to have sex). But I realized, I didn't want to have sex with her, I just wanted to have sex period. I had an older sister at the time who had a child as a single mother. I saw how the news devastated my parents. (More from worry for my sister, and worry about my niece and how this wasn't the proper thing to do). When I was not with my gf, I knew I didn't want to risk getting her pregnant, but when I was with her, that's all I thought of. I ended up breaking up with her. I knew that was the only way I was not going to have sex with her. (Esp when I wasn't ready for it at 16.

The only thing I regret is how I just broke it off quick and how she cried. I didn't know how to tell her (at the time) that I really did like her to much to use her for her body.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Flippant and disingenuous - yes

Condescending - No

I don't think he was acting as if he is superior or that he was lowering himself to your level.

I however, am being a smartadz and confrontational ... remind you of anyone?
Like a mirror does. :winks:

It came off that way, at first. But, looking back, I think you are right.

Sorry, av8torntn.