• I will not strike at all

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I do not work for UPS so I cannot vote

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOK

I am only willing to strike for a good cause Votes: 52. 74.3%​

I happened to be around for the 97 strike. Amazing how many people start to question the value of a strike after two weeks of sitting outside a UPS building with no paycheck. I don't know many altruistic full time drivers (RPCD) willing to risk their job for the sake of part-time issues especially when current part-timers get full time health benefits, an excellent pension, and up to 7 weeks of paid vacation. I will support any strike as long as the demands are reasonable and we the workers as a collective get to decide what is fair and equal for us.
Once the strike vote is taken it’s out of the “workers as collective” hands as to what’s fair and equal to us. It’s a double edge sword, it’s needed to move negotiations along, but takes the decision out of the workers hands.

Once the strike vote is taken it’s out of the “workers as collective” hands as to what’s fair and equal to us. It’s a double edge sword, it’s needed to move negotiations along, but takes the decision out of the workers hands.
Ita definitely not "needed" to move things along, and quite honestly, if they're gonna do some haphazard vote for it, I don't see the rush. They could take this half-assed approach on July 10th and get the same results. It seems like no two locals are doing it the same and no one knows what's really going on.

InsideUPS

They will get no strike pay or health care coverage.
Just came back from our Local strike vote authorization. Seems to be conflicting information on whether or not TeamCare will continue to provide health benefits if there is a strike. Just curious what you are hearing on your end in regard to health care coverage?

FozziesDeliveries

Just came back from our Local strike vote authorization. Seems to be conflicting information on whether or not TeamCare will continue to provide health benefits if there is a strike. Just curious what you are hearing on your end in regard to health care coverage?
I thought they have been saying since the beginning that TeamCare will cover during the strike as long as you aren't crossing the picket line. I don't remember if you have to be on the line though.... you do for strike pay.

If you are a union member and do not cross the strike line they will pay it.

If you are rtw. Nope!

Certainly not RTW here in Ohio.... Just found this bit of information which is great if true.
That information is correct if you are not a dues paid member you'll get nothing if we go on strike including no health Care.

Maybe some people should start joining the Union right now?

FozziesDeliveries

Certainly not RTW here in Ohio.... Just found this bit of information which is great if true.
Some locals have an additional strike fund. Ohio does also but i forget how much we will get in addition to the national fund. I seem to think it was.... around an additional $200 or so i think

FozziesDeliveries

Some locals have an additional strike fund. Ohio does also but i forget how much we will get in addition to the national fund. I seem to think it was.... around an additional $200 or so i think
Not EVERYTHING sucks about Ohio!
tumblr_cd00c3bc603f8d3e663b7bfca9f20972_d05edbcb_540.gif