Why break so early?

arice11

Break is my favorite part of work actually.
To talk :censored2: and smoke with the Red Priestess who gave me a magical candy cane and lottery ticket for Christmas <3
Seniors! Alaverga!

arice11

My building once took breaks sometimes within one hour after start time.
No one liked it, and the building supervisor was quickly replaced the following season.
Early breaks are for sissy's, lol

MechLift

We go on break any time freight is late getting to the station. So, yesterday I had a start time of 0745 and at 0800 they called for a 1 hour break. This has been going on for weeks and everybody is getting pissed so now they simply bumped the start time forward; tomorrow start time 0930, that is, no customer will get Priority freight before 1030 including the hospitals and other medical facilities I deliver to every day. I'm making FO deliveries at 11:00 or later.

Last edited:

xtelevisionset

It's definitely not in compliance and I understand that's how peak has always been. They always harp about safety, yet they're working people 6hrs straight which means it's a hell of a lot more likely to let your guard down due to fatigue and leading to a in building accident / injury.

Pfft.

I'm lucky to get 15 minutes to stop and snack before hitting the grind again between my nxt days my 3 o clocks my 430s my 5 o clock pickups my resis and the hour it takes to drive out and the hour it takes to drive back to make it in by 8pm.

Better get out of my way on the freeway cuz once my foot hits the floor it doesn't let up.

dan

since im a seasonal worker do you think its right that I complain about break times ,,honestly im just happy to be working ,, for me It don't make sense to start complaining then have them say hey that's lay this guy off sooner then later or think im some kind of trouble maker that's gonna run to the union for every little thing and not hire me back ,,ill wait till im permanent to start complaining

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Pfft.

I'm lucky to get 15 minutes to stop and snack before hitting the grind again between my nxt days my 3 o clocks my 430s my 5 o clock pickups my resis and the hour it takes to drive out and the hour it takes to drive back to make it in by 8pm.

Better get out of my way on the freeway cuz once my foot hits the floor it doesn't let up.
Not the point. You contractually get a lunch break...you choose not to take it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We go on break any time freight is late getting to the station. So, yesterday I had a start time of 0745 and at 0800 they called for a 1 hour break. This has been going on for weeks and everybody is getting :censored2: so now they simply bumped the start time forward; tomorrow start time 0930, that is, no customer will get Priority freight before 1030 including the hospitals and other medical facilities I deliver to every day. I'm making FO deliveries at 11:00 or later.

Why are you going along with that? They can't make you do that. No breaks in first hour and they can't make you take a break waiting for freight.

xtelevisionset

since im a seasonal worker do you think its right that I complain about break times ,,honestly im just happy to be working ,, for me It don't make sense to start complaining then have them say hey that's lay this guy off sooner then later or think im some kind of trouble maker that's gonna run to the union for every little thing and not hire me back ,,ill wait till im permanent to start complaining

If you are a seasonal worker just keep your head down and don't say anything unless you plan on finding a new job after peak.

But do maintain your composure, know your body and your limits and DO NOT GET HURT. That is rule number 1.

MechLift

Why are you going along with that? They can't make you do that. No breaks in first hour and they can't make you take a break waiting for freight.

Right, I sat around till 0845 while everyone else was on break then took my hour when everyone else was working.

I think my senior or her boss are leading the way here in Silicon Valley in innovating the revolution to underpay.

Unsteady Incomes Keep Millions Behind on Bills

J

jibbs

so far I've worked almost 23hrs this week with only 30mins of break time.......that's not right.

200.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Pfft.

When do you find the time to fumble with your phone?

By The Book

My state law says a shift of 6 hours or more....a 30 min unpaid break. After 9 hours....you get a paid 10min break and an unpaid 30min.
Then your sort should be taking a 30 min unpaid if you are scheduled 6 hours or more. If your sort did this what would happen? Sort didn't get down in time? Do they need another loader to load more trucks which means more drivers? All this talk of not taking breaks is pissing me off!