Why collective bargaining?

Ron Carey lives on

Thats what started this thread smurf. You have been defending RTW for two months. Answer this: can you vote for contracts,officers, or run for office, if you opt out in a RTW state??

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

You can blame union officials, liberals all you want, but if you opt of the union in a rtw state, your opinions really don't matter. Brown cafe is all you have smurf. I have brothers and sisters that will continue to fight for your rights. Sit back and enjoy your entitlements, we got this

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Thats what started this thread smurf. You have been defending RTW for two months. Answer this: can you vote for contracts,officers, or run for office, if you opt out in a RTW state??

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've been defending it because you've been attacking it. So many other issues that are truly consequential to workers unlike RTW. Opting out of dues should be a last resort & I don't think anyone takes it lightly. Running for office isn't on most people's list of dream jobs & voting for officers is usually a choice between what color hair or shirt you want your liberal union leaders to have. In the end we just have to take the contract the company & commies agree on. Just ask local 89.

Atomic_Smurf

You can blame union officials, liberals all you want, but if you opt of the union in a rtw state, your opinions really don't matter. Brown cafe is all you have smurf. I have brothers and sisters that will continue to fight for your rights. Sit back and enjoy your entitlements, we got this

Sent using BrownCafe App
You said KY isn't a RTW state yet Local 89s vote was tossed aside & the leadership overrode their decision so tell me more about how paying dues makes your voice count. The leadership will only take notice when members start dropping out in large numbers.

Atomic_Smurf

What? Show me were the union said we are getting a pay cut. Never saw that release.
We received numerous Teamster flyers telling that lie. Unions across Michigan, Wisconsin & Indiana were making that claim until it passed then they were all like "we never said that".

Attachments

• 1408841607401.jpg
    1408841607401.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 1408841628174.jpg
    1408841628174.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 1408841642885.jpg
    1408841642885.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 156

Atomic_Smurf

Here's what union leaders & their emotionally manipulated followers were doing while a portion of their healthcare earnings were being legislated away behind closed doors.

Attachments

• 1408842402997.jpg
    1408842402997.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 1408842422741.jpg
    1408842422741.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 149

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unfortunately, you still receive the benefits and representation of being in the union without paying for it. I don't like any law that gives you something for free.

I am by no means a Joe Union but I also do not believe in receiving a benefit that I did not earn.

Every FTer should join the union.

PTers should only join if they intend to make this their career.

upschuck

I am by no means a Joe Union but I also do not believe in receiving a benefit that I did not earn.

Every FTer should join the union.

PTers should only join if they intend to make this their career.
Then the union would do less for PT than they do now. I do think that they should have highly reduced dues until they get to a reasonable wage. Maybe something like a sliding percentage from 50% to 10% until they reach $15/hr.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then the union would do less for PT than they do now. I do think that they should have highly reduced dues until they get to a reasonable wage. Maybe something like a sliding percentage from 50% to 10% until they reach $15/hr.

Why in the world would a kid going to college who has no intention of staying beyond graduation need to join the union?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Do union due amounts vary by local? PTers here pay 2.5x their hourly rate.