Why do I get Pay Actual and Pay Guarantee?

sambag

In my time card, I get either Pay Actual in some days and Pay Guarantee in some days. Example last week, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were labelled Pay Guarantee, but Tuesday was Pay Actual. Why is that?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Didn’t help. It says guarantee means I’m full time. I’m always full time.
As a fulltime driver you are guaranteed 8 hours a day. So say you only worked 7 hours, they still need to pay you for 8. Pay actual means you get paid for the hours you worked that day. So if you worked for 7, you get paid for 7.

You gotta figure out, are you qualified, and who are your union stewards.

sambag

As a fulltime driver you are guaranteed 8 hours a day. So say you only worked 7 hours, they still need to pay you for 8. Pay actual means you get paid for the hours you worked that day. So if you worked for 7, you get paid for 7.

You gotta figure out, are you qualified, and who are your union stewards.
I’m 1 month and a half as a driver. My paycheque says I’m paying the union 18.50 per week. Does it mean I’m full time?

MattM

Pt is Guaranteed 3 or 3.5 hrs. Some workers request to get their minimum on days that are shorter than pay actual.

for ft, if you had a 7 hr day, you are still guaranteed 8.

DriverNerd

This answers your question. If you're full time and you work less than 8 hours the above applies. If you worked 8 hours or more, it doesn't matter which is selected.

clean hairy

Might be op worked 7 hours and was asked if they wanted to go home.
If the answer was yes, then op would be pay actual, giving up the 8 hour guarantee.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Might be op worked 7 hours and was asked if they wanted to go home.
If the answer was yes, then op would be pay actual, giving up the 8 hour guarantee.
This answers your question. If you're full time and you work less than 8 hours the above applies. If you worked 8 hours or more, it doesn't matter which is selected.

How familiar are either of you guys with the Canadian UPS IBT collective bargaining agreement?