Why do UPSers Keep Coming Back to the Brown Cafe?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
More, with respect, I recall Upstate defended menotyou and he was NOT the reason she left the site.

Why BC?

BC exposes me to aspects of UPS I would never experience in my UPS world.

I do not believe menotyou is gone because of Upstate. As I recall they actually had a moment where Upstate stuck up for her, and they buried their daggers, like adults. Although I could be wrong.

menotyou is not gone because of me. Tooner is right---I defended her when she was getting dumped on in the Insane thread. The details are not important but suffice it to say that she made a very poor choice and I don't think she will be coming back.

moreluck, your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. Dave.

Hi, Dave. What was it you were saying?

And sometime we are witness...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well howdy dudy, although I talk to you elsewhere sweetheart.
I just think if there was a thread that missed me after months, or years, or heck if anyone remembered me, ever, I would be touched.
So just goes to show you are/were special. Hope you can find your way back.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Well howdy dudy, although I talk to you elsewhere sweetheart.
I just think if there was a thread that missed me after months, or years, or heck if anyone remembered me, ever, I would be touched.
So just goes to show you are/were special. Hope you can find your way back.

tooner, you will always hold a place in our hearts.
after all
you are a mod with a mean dog

DS

Fenderbender
Why do people keep coming back?
Where else can they go to find justification for pent up frustrations?
Where else can they get the abuse they deserve?
It could also be an addiction,like brown heroin.
Sometimes posters we love disappear.
They usually come back when they realize most people here really do care.
This may or may not apply to me,not you,but it sure is nice when it happens.

Gracia's , RTS.

This site is a slice of my everyday life at UPS. Being at the building I'm at and it's size we have just about a version of everyone on here except the package car drivers. And I've been out of two package car buildings so I've been part of that crowd also. As stated above, nobody understands a UPS'er except one of their own. Not really even our spouses/ partners/ or in the case of a few, blow up dolls.

The vast majority on here I consider coworkers. I'll be happy to offer my experiences from the last 26 years to keep someone from making a mistake or experiencing a negative that I have.

A select few on here I love as one of my own. There is a person on here who is an angel with the largest heart and ability for compassion that I have ever known. There are times she is my conscience and when I really think I'm going to lose it I think of how I might disappoint her by my actions and manage to reign myself in a little. Not alway but I try.

There is an even smaller select few who I would do my best to ignore in person but with one wrong word from them I would relish giving them a punch to the head as my patience and ability to have tolerance in their case is long gone.

Ultimately when I think of these scenarios I realize it's the same as what I experience in life with my own family so I guess that's what we are in the end.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think many come here to vent about the frustrations of their job.
Some come here because they are lonely.
Some come here to enjoy the back and forth of discussion.
Some come here to post ad hominem attacks on UpState.
Some take it a step further and come here for mirth and general enjoyment.

The last is the main reason I come back ... it is rather entertaining and quite amusing.
I think I have learned more about human nature on here than I have working at UPS for almost 40 years.
It is more primal, even primeval at times, and more honest than the real world (except for Current Events).
It also reenforces the futility of changing big things, so one tends to develop a sardonic response to the insidious evil of these banal discussions.
Sort of like an interactive Seinfeld episode.
It is what it is.

Why do you come here?

After a period of time, I will set up a Poll so we can stand in relation to the overall BC Community.

Added reasons:
BC exposes me to aspects of UPS I would never experience in my UPS world.

I come here because it is always different. You know, you never seem the same threads. You never read about the same "stuff". Nobody complaining about their dispatch or how hard they had to work. Plus, I come hear to remind all the wussies that the guys in the Real Uniforms, in the Real Heat are making it possible for all of us to come here and complain about how bad we have it...

rod

Retired 22 years
I come here because I know it bothers the heck out of upstate that I come here. -------Oh--- and to post irrelevant Youtube videos.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ultimately when I think of these scenarios I realize it's the same as what I experience in life with my own family so I guess that's what we are in the end.

Hoax...Family.

And like family, you are stuck with them.
Even a divorce (firing) is not enough to purge them from your world.