Why does every driver hate their job?

UPSER1987

Good question. UPS does have a disgruntled employee mentality. Just look at this forum. You get more snarchy responses than actual good advice.

Some will say the snarky remarks are a coping mechanism. With the thousands of years of experience here, the forum could be much more useful than it is. There are just as many problems at other workplaces that make far less money, benefits and pension.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
B5773250-87F1-48DB-B296-B948312E0066.gif
Good question. UPS does have a disgruntled employee mentality. Just look at this forum. You get more snarchy responses than actual good advice.

Many drivers have never held another job with a similar pay range. This job has it's ups & downs but it sure as hell is easier and less stressful that many jobs with similar pay. It's simply a matter of perspective.

Dumbo

I love my job. I have bad days, yes but you get paid well to work outside in the fresh air, get exercise, and work alone which I love.

The things people complain about like time away from family are common in many jobs, and many of those jobs have to work holidays, weekends and overnights, which we don't have to.

People like to bitch about their life no matter what. Many lack a big picture perspective.

Dumbo

I don't think it has a disgruntled employee problem. Most the workers at my hub have a pretty decent attitude.

This forum definitely isn't here for information. It's here for a few people to vent. Compare the quarter of a million drivers to the 20 or so you see posting on here and it becomes obvious that this site represents less than 1% of the drivers. Better to get helpful info from other drivers in your hub.

The Milkman

Do you talk to any member of society or just UPSers? You don’t think this kind of stuff happens at all kinds of jobs? Any at a far less rate of pay? Any one of our sons are going to deal with stress any where they work- that’s a no brainer. Just gotta decide if the pros outweigh the cons...make a decision and stick with it.

Would you recommend UPS to any of your family or friends? Knowing that it is not an easy job by any means? people said to me one time, you have a great job just driving around dropping off packages at peoples homes. Little do they know we are racing the clock all day long and deal with the added stress of management?

UPSER1987

Would you recommend UPS to any of your family or friends? Knowing that it is not an easy job by any means? people said to me one time, you have a great job just driving around dropping off packages at peoples homes. Little do they know we are racing the clock all day long and deal with the added stress of management?

Of course every job looks easy when you’re not the one doing it. Would I recommend? No. Not because of the job, but mainly because of the negativity that surrounds all aspects of the job and all job functions. It’s probably like that at other jobs, but you asked about UPS. Now I bet when you tell them your rate of pay, benefits and retirement pension, it shuts em right up. You gotta pay to play. No one forces any of us to work here.

Of course every job looks easy when you’re not the one doing it. Would I recommend? No. Not because of the job, but mainly because of the negativity that surrounds all aspects of the job and all job functions. It’s probably like that at other jobs, but you asked about UPS. Now I bet when you tell them your rate of pay, benefits and retirement pension, it shuts em right up. You gotta pay to play. No one forces any of us to work here.
Nobody forces us to work here but many of us have too much time in and they keep changing the rules

Maybe try treating people like human beings and things would go much better here.

The Milkman

No matter the pay, many would hang it up especially being abused during the progression process. Only took me 9 months to top rate, now 4 years. You know the company would be dumping on them day after day using cheaper labor. If you can make it to top rate then you should be ok after that. More pay helps, but you also have to let UPS know that they can't rattle you

Boxjockey82

Nobody forces us to work here but many of us have too much time in and they keep changing the rules

Maybe try treating people like human beings and things would go much better here.

Yeah, cuz that's what billion dollar companies do . Not saying it's right but talk to people at Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon etc. Could be worst.