Why does every driver hate their job?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PTPunchingBag, Feb 12, 2019.

1. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Member

Some will say the snarky remarks are a coping mechanism. With the thousands of years of experience here, the forum could be much more useful than it is. There are just as many problems at other workplaces that make far less money, benefits and pension.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

B5773250-87F1-48DB-B296-B948312E0066.gif

3. Many drivers have never held another job with a similar pay range. This job has it's ups & downs but it sure as hell is easier and less stressful that many jobs with similar pay. It's simply a matter of perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

As if !

5. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Dog bites, incompetent dispatchers and being held hostage.

Hope this helps.
    [​IMG]

6. Dumbo

Dumbo Active Member

I love my job. I have bad days, yes but you get paid well to work outside in the fresh air, get exercise, and work alone which I love.

The things people complain about like time away from family are common in many jobs, and many of those jobs have to work holidays, weekends and overnights, which we don't have to.

People like to bitch about their life no matter what. Many lack a big picture perspective.

7. Dumbo

Dumbo Active Member

I don't think it has a disgruntled employee problem. Most the workers at my hub have a pretty decent attitude.

This forum definitely isn't here for information. It's here for a few people to vent. Compare the quarter of a million drivers to the 20 or so you see posting on here and it becomes obvious that this site represents less than 1% of the drivers. Better to get helpful info from other drivers in your hub.

8. The Milkman

The Milkman Well-Known Member

Would you recommend UPS to any of your family or friends? Knowing that it is not an easy job by any means? people said to me one time, you have a great job just driving around dropping off packages at peoples homes. Little do they know we are racing the clock all day long and deal with the added stress of management?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Member

Of course every job looks easy when you’re not the one doing it. Would I recommend? No. Not because of the job, but mainly because of the negativity that surrounds all aspects of the job and all job functions. It’s probably like that at other jobs, but you asked about UPS. Now I bet when you tell them your rate of pay, benefits and retirement pension, it shuts em right up. You gotta pay to play. No one forces any of us to work here.

10. Nobody forces us to work here but many of us have too much time in and they keep changing the rules

Maybe try treating people like human beings and things would go much better here.

11. The Milkman

The Milkman Well-Known Member

No matter the pay, many would hang it up especially being abused during the progression process. Only took me 9 months to top rate, now 4 years. You know the company would be dumping on them day after day using cheaper labor. If you can make it to top rate then you should be ok after that. More pay helps, but you also have to let UPS know that they can't rattle you

12. So you, as a driver, hate your job?

13. He is management

14. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

That explains some things

15. Oh no!

So I hate his job.

Plus,

I care.

Sincerely,

~S~

16. SOB

17. OJS for tomorrow

18. tenor-3.gif
    What more can ol brown do for you?

19. Boxjockey82

Boxjockey82 Member

Yeah, cuz that's what billion dollar companies do . Not saying it's right but talk to people at Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon etc. Could be worst.

20. At least we get paid for it.