Why does every driver hate their job?

542thruNthru

Quoting and responding to be sure I get an alert

Oh I wanna get in on this too.

Haha nope. That bitch part time. Lucky he can type.

Tell him man! I bet you're right, he probably is PT!
CFF21245-E633-4A53-B30E-3C11597D20E0.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Understanding and agreeing with are two different things. Just because you're in a union doesn't mean you should allow them to coddle your bitch ass. 2:30 am comments are both not well thought out and obviously chemically induced. Your name says it all.
It's 2:39. What did I miss?

At about this time I head deep into the UPS mines to chip away at pure cardboard gold.

Mr. Marshall

I don't hate it. I've grown bored with it at times and have bounced a little bit between 22.3 and driving but if I ever truly hated it I would quit.

MendozaJ

The topic of discussion amongst drivers is often how terrible their jobs are because no one at home can ever relate. Every morning is a :cursing: session because of this.

Try telling your girlfriend this: "Dispatch split the work on my loop. I was light, but :censored2: idiots had to send a guy from Westside to help the driver with my work, while I went to Westside to help a driver that was blown out with 260 in a 600." Without the benefit of Google Translate UPS, she might nod politely, but she won't ever get it. You could tell the same story to your dog, and it will cock its head to the left.

Drivers, on the other hand, will shake their heads in disbelief while instantly calculating the time wasted, throw in a few additional jibes about management. They've been there. They can FEEL your pain.

I've run into retired drivers on the road that still :censored2: about management because after 20 years of marriage, their wife at home could never grasp the insanity. They see me pull up, and they just have to get something off their chest, and I shake my head in disbelief, maybe share a story or two, and steal 5 minutes of company time. Then we walk away feeling slightly better about ourselves.

When you hear these conversations, it's more stress relief than job hate. The ones that hate the job don't last long.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The topic of discussion amongst drivers is often how terrible their jobs are because no one at home can ever relate. Every morning is a :cursing: session because of this.

Try telling your girlfriend this: "Dispatch split the work on my loop. I was light, but :censored2: idiots had to send a guy from Westside to help the driver with my work, while I went to Westside to help a driver that was blown out with 260 in a 600." Without the benefit of Google Translate UPS, she might nod politely, but she won't ever get it. You could tell the same story to your dog, and it will cock its head to the left.

Drivers, on the other hand, will shake their heads in disbelief while instantly calculating the time wasted, throw in a few additional jibes about management. They've been there. They can FEEL your pain.

I've run into retired drivers on the road that still :censored2: about management because after 20 years of marriage, their wife at home could never grasp the insanity. They see me pull up, and they just have to get something off their chest, and I shake my head in disbelief, maybe share a story or two, and steal 5 minutes of company time. Then we walk away feeling slightly better about ourselves.

When you hear these conversations, it's more stress relief than job hate. The ones that hate the job don't last long.
I don’t need my wife to grasp what work is like. I just need her to not bitch when at 5:30 I text and say yeah have to help someone gonna be a few hours later than I thought.

Now mines pretty good but she also has a job that a 4 hour day can turn into a 9 hour day. So many people just cannot understand that I don’t know when I’ll be home before I leave in the morning.

PTPunchingBag

Are you planning on UPS being a career? Do you plan on getting married and having children? Are you willing to relocate?
Yeah, I’m gonna be here for my career. I’ve tried college but school just isn’t for me. And personally, I’m happy at UPS (for now). It sucks getting up at 3am but I’m getting practically the same benefits as a driver (some part timers in my building say we do get the same, but some drivers say we don’t), I get vacation time, it just sucks I’m only making $11.50 an hour, but with the benefits? Screw it! And yeah, I’d like to get married and have kids but my girlfriend knows I can’t relocate because of work

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yeah, I’m gonna be here for my career. I’ve tried college but school just isn’t for me. And personally, I’m happy at UPS (for now). It sucks getting up at 3am but I’m getting practically the same benefits as a driver (some part timers in my building say we do get the same, but some drivers say we don’t), I get vacation time, it just sucks I’m only making $11.50 an hour, but with the benefits? Screw it! And yeah, I’d like to get married and have kids but my girlfriend knows I can’t relocate because of work
You can’t relocate because of a job that pays you $11.50 an hour???

Ps you can not support a family on $11.50 an hour job.

PTPunchingBag

You can’t relocate because of a job that pays you $11.50 an hour???

Ps you can not support a family on $11.50 an hour job.
Well I’m 19. I’m not planning on having a family anytime soon. I at least want 3 years as a driver before I start a family. And if I’d relocate, I’d lose all building seniority and have to relocate for education purposes, which I’m not doing.

MendozaJ

Benefits are not the same. You will be removed from your current plan, and have to sign up for a different plan when you go FT. I did not realize this until I received a COBRA letter.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How hot is she?

watdaflock?

And yeah, I’d like to get married and have kids but my girlfriend knows I can’t relocate because of work
That's the question, if you go the management route and you're willing to relocate - you can go up the totem pole a lot faster. UPS is in dire need of competent management.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

Quoting and responding to be sure I get an alert
Time wasted thinking about real precious family time and your still in debt , ''''management. They've been there. They can FEEL your pain.'' ,,Wife or girlfriend cheating on you , chances your fell into someone else's plan. and guess what they planned for you ? after 25 years or who knows , but i make the same money with out doing the hard work that someone is doing today. shake shake your head that maybe your are that story. you might live longer , you might live little shorter ''OT can't stop your ignorance and you ego.

Days

All the people complaining about the job are just old, ignore them. The job has its tough moments, but they pay and benefits outweigh the problems. Do you want to be rich and have amazing benefits and a retirement? Then work here, if not go work some dead end job with :censored2: benefits and no retirement.

This job isn't for everyone. But if you want 4000 dollars deposited into your bank account at the first of every month after retirement, its best you get started early! My dad worked for ups for 38 years, i've seen how everything works, needless to say my dad was very proud i decided to join ups. Hard work pays off. Just gotta deal with the Bs sometimes and keep working.

Having a :censored2:ty life so that you can have a good retirement is bad advice. Life doesn’t work that way as much as people want to believe. You can literally retire and then 2 months later die from a whatever. I’ve seen it before

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Understanding and agreeing with are two different things. Just because you're in a union doesn't mean you should allow them to coddle your bitch ass. 2:30 am comments are both not well thought out and obviously chemically induced. Your name says it all.
Your name is" dick handler " and your talking about my name?
Haha nope. That bitch part time. Lucky he can type.
Where do you get I am part time?
Where he at? Ho-ass show pony! Thanks for coming out boys!
I'm here now, been on vacation and been sick past two days.
I'll get back to my original thought. How does the fact that it took you 10 years to full time mean you have a weak local. How does the fact that they have gotten everyone their job back mean they are weak local?
Stick to what your good at and go handle some more ducks

Cool story bro, bet your sick a lot. "Weak"- for the 10 years part is wrong I admit... It was an economic downturn that caused that. As for the losers who were fired... If your ass got fired u deserved it, and nowhere else but UPS have I seen people get fired for obvious reasons only to have the union get them their job back. So maybe I'm completely wrong here with my "weak" statement. I guess YOU could argue that the local is strong... Strong enough to get felons and addicts their jobs back. Hell, I bet you're even a beneficiary of such discourse! But don't lie to people pretending that lib-tard attitude is good for anyone other than the union employees who are propped up by these ideals. Its a simple job, we're glorified pizza delivery boys... not that you'd know. Now if u aren't still too sick, get back on the belt and load my truck!