Why does every driver hate their job?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Many drivers have never held another job with a similar pay range. This job has it's ups & downs but it sure as hell is easier and less stressful that many jobs with similar pay. It's simply a matter of perspective.
We top out at (or eerily close) to the same rate as the labor union in my state. I have a couple friends that are drillers and they walk knee deep in mud all day pulling a 1000 pound concrete hose. Get up at 4 am, commute 2-3 hours a day, usually home after 8 pm.
Anytime I have a hard day I remind myself that I'm driving a friggin truck and can stop to regroup and take a break anytime I want. And that I am lucky to make as much as I do

hehe xd

Most of them are fat, so that leads to exhaustion, exhaustion leads to bitterness, so on and so forth. It's not their fault (it is)

Maplewood

We all see what we would like in other jobs.

My wife and I neither one have much idea what time we will be off going into a given day and we both hate that aspect of our jobs. Because we have no idea what it’s like knowing we would be off at 3,4,5 seems like the most amazing thing to us.

Our friends that get off at the same time every day would much rather have our pay or our vacation time.

The grass is always greener.
Or your Pension?

LOLLaLa

Because people aren't happy unless they're bitching. If they truly hated it, there would be a lot more openings though. But they are few and far between because nobody ever leaves.:blushing2: The pay and the benefits are hard to beat, even if they bitch the rest of their career

To the OP,
I have worked at UPS since I was 18 years old and have done a myriad of jobs both before that and while I was part time for 10 years (yes my local sucks and it did take that long to drive... too bad its all based on seniority and not your abilities.) I have done everything from structural welding to framing houses and this is by far the easiest job I've ever had. To the people bitching in your building... it may not be the easiest job they've ever had but thats only because they've never done any real laborious jobs or anything hard in their life period. If it wasn't easy they wouldn't be there..., look at em!

For a while UPS was trying to prove to the world that they could give unskilled/uneducated people a respectable income and it blew up in their face. Their are more lifelong partimers and people who have been fired multiple times (or should have been) in my building than I can count. Like every other job there is good and bad days but its not terrible. I agree with others that say complaining is just a coping mechanism and you are going to get that everywhere, but where else are you going to get 8 weeks of vacation, benefits, pension, and almost no chance of getting fired(and if you do the union will just get you your job back). Bitches gonna bitch... a lot! DON'T BE A BITCH!!! Or just go back to school now... I might!

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I’m 19 years old and I have been at UPS for about a year and 2 months (one year from union date tomorrow). It seems every driver in my hub hates their job, including my old man. When I originally came on, I came on during peak and was kept because my father has been there for 23 years. He originally wanted me to go to school and become a supe because one of his friends went supe route and is now President of our district. I talk to other drivers about my plan of turning 21 (born in October), working that peak then in February or March go to driving school so I can qualify. My dad was originally against it but he wants me to get out of the warehouse and go drive as soon as possible now because that’s where he got most injuries. Other than bad weather and a lot of stops, what’s so bad about being a driver?
knowing your girlfriend is cheating on you..!!

You don't really understand the concept of a union do you?

Understanding and agreeing with are two different things. Just because you're in a union doesn't mean you should allow them to coddle your bitch ass. 2:30 am comments are both not well thought out and obviously chemically induced. Your name says it all.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Understanding and agreeing with are two different things. Just because you're in a union doesn't mean you should allow them to coddle your bitch ass. 2:30 am comments are both not well thought out and obviously chemically induced. Your name says it all.
EF639954-34C3-4897-9A04-4C27045E811C.gif

This gonna be good