Why does every driver hate their job?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PTPunchingBag, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Boxjockey82

Boxjockey82 Member

Exactly. Like I tell most people; as long as that check is right on Friday I can give two :censored2:s about the bull:censored2: lol

2. I would never encourage anyone to work in any logistics business.

I personally don't hate my job, but I am not going to miss it one bit when I'm done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

We top out at (or eerily close) to the same rate as the labor union in my state. I have a couple friends that are drillers and they walk knee deep in mud all day pulling a 1000 pound concrete hose. Get up at 4 am, commute 2-3 hours a day, usually home after 8 pm.
    Anytime I have a hard day I remind myself that I'm driving a friggin truck and can stop to regroup and take a break anytime I want. And that I am lucky to make as much as I do

4. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

Most of them are fat, so that leads to exhaustion, exhaustion leads to bitterness, so on and so forth. It's not their fault (it is)

5. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I thought you go shipped off to North Korea? You haven't posted in a while.

6. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

No I had a midlife crisis at 20 years old but im back and UPSer than ever

7. Rack em

That's unfortunate....Being a Upser I mean, not the mid/quarter life crisis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

LOL

9. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

Or your Pension?

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Nah we’re young. People don’t think about retirement til older for the most part.

11. Rack em

I think about retirement quite often and I am less than 10 years in.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I’ve been obsessed with saving for retirement since about 22 but overall a majority don’t think much about it til 45-50

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. LOLLaLa

LOLLaLa New Member

Because people aren't happy unless they're bitching. If they truly hated it, there would be a lot more openings though. But they are few and far between because nobody ever leaves.:blushing2: The pay and the benefits are hard to beat, even if they bitch the rest of their career

14. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about dying since 22. Seems like it will fall into place. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Dick Handler

Dick Handler New Member

To the OP,
    I have worked at UPS since I was 18 years old and have done a myriad of jobs both before that and while I was part time for 10 years (yes my local sucks and it did take that long to drive... too bad its all based on seniority and not your abilities.) I have done everything from structural welding to framing houses and this is by far the easiest job I've ever had. To the people bitching in your building... it may not be the easiest job they've ever had but thats only because they've never done any real laborious jobs or anything hard in their life period. If it wasn't easy they wouldn't be there..., look at em!

For a while UPS was trying to prove to the world that they could give unskilled/uneducated people a respectable income and it blew up in their face. Their are more lifelong partimers and people who have been fired multiple times (or should have been) in my building than I can count. Like every other job there is good and bad days but its not terrible. I agree with others that say complaining is just a coping mechanism and you are going to get that everywhere, but where else are you going to get 8 weeks of vacation, benefits, pension, and almost no chance of getting fired(and if you do the union will just get you your job back). Bitches gonna bitch... a lot! DON'T BE A BITCH!!! Or just go back to school now... I might!

16. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

You don't really understand the concept of a union do you?

17. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

knowing your girlfriend is cheating on you..!!

18. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Are you planning on UPS being a career? Do you plan on getting married and having children? Are you willing to relocate?

19. Dick Handler

Dick Handler New Member

Understanding and agreeing with are two different things. Just because you're in a union doesn't mean you should allow them to coddle your bitch ass. 2:30 am comments are both not well thought out and obviously chemically induced. Your name says it all.

20. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

EF639954-34C3-4897-9A04-4C27045E811C.gif

This gonna be good

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List