Why in the world doesn’t UPS take a cue from FEDEX

Overpaid Union Thug

Revenue vs Volume most people don't comprehend, especially since the $ earned per AMZ package just wasn't worth it,
I'm sure FDX came at them with some new figures that they didn't like.

Yes, but the Rural Drivers that had routes balloon nearly 150-200% are thankful.
that being said, some rural routes have sustained volume from a variety of new shippers, so sales has been busy.
Yep. Only 1% of the volume and low revenues. So why continue to help Amazon? FedEx, like most companies, has to look at the big picture when making these decisions. Not whether or not rural drivers maintain the their volume.

If new shippers are filling in the losses like you say then it won’t matter much for those specific drivers. And that’s what seems to have happened with UPS in my area right about the time Amazon started delivering. Monday’s are lighter than they used to be but UPS apparently started going after the smaller shippers a while back (probably in preparation for Amazon losses) so the rest of the week the volume is as if Amazon hadn’t pulled some.

So, for the first time in a long time UPS is paying more attention to the little guys.

P700slave

UPS should let their contract with Amazon expire as well. We are funding our own demise. Idiots. By telling Amazon to kind sand, it would help all their competition, to which we carry for as well. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my area, Amazon seems to be the bulk of what we do. That doesn't include the daily stops to the Post Office.

ManInBrown

UPS should let their contract with Amazon expire as well. We are funding our own demise. Idiots. By telling Amazon to kind sand, it would help all their competition, to which we carry for as well. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Exactly. Thats what people arent realizing. If amazon is hurt significantly by us dropping them, which they absolutely would be, that opens the door for the Walmarts and other companies to break the door down and take back the revenue they lost to Amazon.

Im telling you, UPS is in bed with Amazon. No other explanation. Otherwise they would drop them. Theyre clearly a competitor now, and a scary one with all there assets. They must be in bed with UPS

Exactly. Thats what people arent realizing. If amazon is hurt significantly by us dropping them, which they absolutely would be, that opens the door for the Walmarts and other companies to break the door down and take back the revenue they lost to Amazon.

Im telling you, UPS is in bed with Amazon. No other explanation. Otherwise they would drop them. Theyre clearly a competitor now, and a scary one with all there assets. They must be in bed with UPS
Is that how we got all of those Amazon trailers that we are using?

ManInBrown

We had a feeder driver walked off a few months ago, still isnt back. He was taking his sweet time everytime he went to Amazon. Apparently Amazon called up UPS and sent them the tape. Walked off for stealing time.

Days

which they absolutely would be, that opens the door for the Walmarts and other companies to break the door down and take back the revenue they lost to Amazon.

It would open up negotiations further. Have to remember that the people doing the negotiating aren’t always looking for the best interest of the company’s future but the best interest of themselves.

I think UPS is kind of giving Amazon a helping hand until Amazon becomes a major competitor at which point Amazon will probably give UPS the finger and the employees at UPS are the ones who are going to suffer for it

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
UPS, FedEx, and USPS should force a non compete clause on Amazon before any renewed service contracts. Otherwise, we're only helping them build up as a shipping competitor. We could collapse them otherwise.

Rack em

Made the Podium
UPS, FedEx, and USPS should force a non compete clause on Amazon before any renewed service contracts. Otherwise, we're only helping them build up as a shipping competitor. We could collapse them otherwise.
I said this to my on car about 3 years ago and he looked at me like I was crazy.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave

Amazon is a multiple Industry disruptor. Until the Fed decides to break them up into 6 other Fortune 500 companies, the company has to align ourselves with other companies who arent afraid of Amazon and grow small business sector Till then, we need Amazon's barely profitable volume to filled and support these upgraded to new facilities. I cannot wait to cut the Amazon cord.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I don't care what Amazon pays UPS. I just care about what UPS pays me. Let Abney deal with Amazon. He is compensated nicely to do that. Very nicely.

Overpaid Union Thug

I’d like to get rid of the USPS first. At least as far as packages are concerned. They should not be competing with private companies.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I’d like to get rid of the USPS first. At least as far as packages are concerned. They should not be competing with private companies.
Amazon is a serious threat to all of us. We should drop them until they sign a non compete clause. Otherwise, we're all enabling them to grow into a major competitor. Who's to say at some point, they might build up enough fleet to ship items from other shippers???? Grow into something much bigger. No body thought they would of frown into as many markets as they have and yet they did and still moving into more markets.

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon is a serious threat to all of us. We should drop them until they sign a non compete clause. Otherwise, we're all enabling them to grow into a major competitor. Who's to say at some point, they might build up enough fleet to ship items from other shippers???? Grow into something much bigger. No body thought they would of frown into as many markets as they have and yet they did and still moving into more markets.

Corporate is too busy thumbing through fudged ORION reports and scratching their heads to come up with any sensible strategy.

Staydryitsraining

Tell that to the idiot dinosaurs on here.