Why in the world doesn’t UPS take a cue from FEDEX

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ManInBrown, Jun 7, 2019.

1. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Exactly.

2. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Yep. Only 1% of the volume and low revenues. So why continue to help Amazon? FedEx, like most companies, has to look at the big picture when making these decisions. Not whether or not rural drivers maintain the their volume.

If new shippers are filling in the losses like you say then it won’t matter much for those specific drivers. And that’s what seems to have happened with UPS in my area right about the time Amazon started delivering. Monday’s are lighter than they used to be but UPS apparently started going after the smaller shippers a while back (probably in preparation for Amazon losses) so the rest of the week the volume is as if Amazon hadn’t pulled some.

So, for the first time in a long time UPS is paying more attention to the little guys.

3. P700slave

P700slave Member

UPS should let their contract with Amazon expire as well. We are funding our own demise. Idiots. By telling Amazon to kind sand, it would help all their competition, to which we carry for as well. Seems like a no brainer to me.

4. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

In my area, Amazon seems to be the bulk of what we do. That doesn't include the daily stops to the Post Office.

5. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

They have been rolling here also

6. OrionIsDaddy

OrionIsDaddy Member

I'll look it up again but I remember that 7% number was total deliveries...including business to business. The 20% number I posted was strictly Business to customer deliveries.

will update when i find the source again

7. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Exactly. Thats what people arent realizing. If amazon is hurt significantly by us dropping them, which they absolutely would be, that opens the door for the Walmarts and other companies to break the door down and take back the revenue they lost to Amazon.

Im telling you, UPS is in bed with Amazon. No other explanation. Otherwise they would drop them. Theyre clearly a competitor now, and a scary one with all there assets. They must be in bed with UPS

8. Is that how we got all of those Amazon trailers that we are using?

9. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

We had a feeder driver walked off a few months ago, still isnt back. He was taking his sweet time everytime he went to Amazon. Apparently Amazon called up UPS and sent them the tape. Walked off for stealing time.

10. Days

Days Active Member

It would open up negotiations further. Have to remember that the people doing the negotiating aren’t always looking for the best interest of the company’s future but the best interest of themselves.

I think UPS is kind of giving Amazon a helping hand until Amazon becomes a major competitor at which point Amazon will probably give UPS the finger and the employees at UPS are the ones who are going to suffer for it

11. Backlasher

Backlasher Stronger, Faster, Browner

UPS, FedEx, and USPS should force a non compete clause on Amazon before any renewed service contracts. Otherwise, we're only helping them build up as a shipping competitor. We could collapse them otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  12. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I said this to my on car about 3 years ago and he looked at me like I was crazy.

13. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

THIS

14. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

Amazon is a multiple Industry disruptor. Until the Fed decides to break them up into 6 other Fortune 500 companies, the company has to align ourselves with other companies who arent afraid of Amazon and grow small business sector Till then, we need Amazon's barely profitable volume to filled and support these upgraded to new facilities. I cannot wait to cut the Amazon cord.

15. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I don't care what Amazon pays UPS. I just care about what UPS pays me. Let Abney deal with Amazon. He is compensated nicely to do that. Very nicely.

16. Overpaid Union Thug

I’d like to get rid of the USPS first. At least as far as packages are concerned. They should not be competing with private companies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Backlasher

Backlasher Stronger, Faster, Browner

Amazon is a serious threat to all of us. We should drop them until they sign a non compete clause. Otherwise, we're all enabling them to grow into a major competitor. Who's to say at some point, they might build up enough fleet to ship items from other shippers???? Grow into something much bigger. No body thought they would of frown into as many markets as they have and yet they did and still moving into more markets.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Overpaid Union Thug

Corporate is too busy thumbing through fudged ORION reports and scratching their heads to come up with any sensible strategy.

19. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

Tell that to the idiot dinosaurs on here.

20. cosis

cosis Member

Ups needs to drop them ASAP. At some point they are going to get kicked to the curb after Amazon has built up their fleet.