Why in the world doesn’t UPS take a cue from FEDEX

542thruNthru

Tell that to the idiot dinosaurs on here.

giphy-30.gif

Bob11B

Amazon has been delivering their own :censored2: mostly here then this happened today

Attachments

• 1F6DB549-0D61-4C26-89A6-B38BBEA7989C.jpeg
    1F6DB549-0D61-4C26-89A6-B38BBEA7989C.jpeg
    427.4 KB · Views: 138

The Driver

I drive.
Volume seems higher than average for mid-June at my center. Don't know what to attribute it to. Maybe the FedEx thing, maybe people are at home ordering more because of summer vacation and the strong economy. But my stops seem tighter lately.

Days

Feel like Amazon is a pretty cheap and scummy company but I have to admit that Jeff Bezos is a genius at manipulating the markets

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
“The relationship between the two companies soured about 3 years ago when Amazon demanded improved discounts from both UPS and FedEx,” Maciuba wrote. “UPS responded to Amazon with increased discounts, FedEx balked, and more than half of FedEx’s Amazon business was awarded to UPS.”

And some of us saw this coming almost a decade ago

barnyard

KTM rider
Until a month ago, I would have agreed. My route is now looped and loaded so that I deliver almost everything in the order it is loaded. I used to routinely deliver 4-5 sections in reverse, now I might do a half section a day and that will almost always be my last section. For 16 months, I used Orion to reduce my dispatch and it worked perfectly. There were days that 120 stops in the same area was a 9 hour day.

Today, I did 158 stops and 2 pickups off the neighboring guy and was done in 8.5. I followed Orion and it went really well. It is really, really, really irritating that it took over 16 months to fix it.