Why is it always the part timers?

trickpony1

Sometimes I wonder if people know how to read or even take the time to.

They also need to read that working a certain number of hours in a calendar year is required for that year to count as a pension credit.

In my area it's 750 hours per year.
Do the math:
750 hours divided by 52 weeks = 14.423 hours a week.

and, yes, I know some PT'ers are there for the medical benefits and couldn't care less about retirement.

542thruNthru

They also need to read that working a certain number of hours in a calendar year is required for that year to count as a pension credit.

In my area it's 750 hours per year.
Do the math:
750 hours divided by 52 weeks = 14.423 hours a week.

and, yes, I know some PT'ers are there for the medical benefits and couldn't care less about retirement.

750 even for PT?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They are cutting hours at our center. And guess who suffers? The part timers that can least afford it. This is the second time in 6 weeks. Why not cut salaries of the over paid management that abuses the rank and file? Or better yet, get rid of a few. They also cut the customer center hours. Now that's true customer service. I see all this positive crap in the company propaganda that comes out, but it's never been that way, here. Talking with my coworkers, we all wonder if UPS will be around much longer.
quit

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
They are cutting hours at our center. And guess who suffers? The part timers that can least afford it. This is the second time in 6 weeks. Why not cut salaries of the over paid management that abuses the rank and file? Or better yet, get rid of a few. They also cut the customer center hours. Now that's true customer service. I see all this positive crap in the company propaganda that comes out, but it's never been that way, here. Talking with my coworkers, we all wonder if UPS will be around much longer.
They have also shut down car was bays and make mechanics order parts cod