Why is PVD Work for Part-Timers Not Good?

PT Car Washer

You could’ve personally filed a grievance at any time and made it stop but of course we know you didn’t want to, and we know you didn’t care that you were providing cover for the company to not hire.
File a grievance on myself? What article is that under? LOL. Work as directed is what the Labor Manager said otherwise I would be terminated for job abandonment. That was tried once when I refused to work as directed.

Steamer

I'm kidding. But when it comes to turning the extra work into a full-time job, we're talking about 15 or 20 stops off of a driver. That's not enough to create a full-time position. But it's just enough to make a driver's day more pleasant.
It is when those 20 stops are really x 3 split between 3 drivers in reality for 60 more stops. Funny how pleasant a day a ORS wants it when they do a ride along and the car is set up for a 6 hour day. How deep is that BS. Narcissist can't see their own BS.

Thebrownblob

Work as directed.
Listen genius, you’ve already been told you can work as directed and file a grievance. It’s not my fault that you are so self-absorbed and give so little care to your contract, your union and your brothers and sisters that you continue to act like you don’t understand.

Last edited:

anonymous23456

Two kinds of people in this world .
You're either a union man or a scab.
Allow me to introduce to you the third kind. Coming to the neighborhood near you...

maxresdefault.jpg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Allow me to introduce to you the third kind. Coming to the neighborhood near you...

maxresdefault.jpg
Gotcha. Things change .
But, right now, I’m not seeing 400 pieces and 150 stops on those things. Having said that, I would prefer the FedX thing coming up my sidewalk instead of the thugs I usually see.

Listen genius, you’ve already been told you can work as directed and file a grievance. It’s not my fault that you are so self-absorbed and give so little care to your contract, your union and your brothers and sisters that you continue to act like you don’t understand.
I would file on him everyday for stealing my overtime
Guess what it wouldn't happen anymore

ThePackageDeli

teamsters_says.jpg

Teamsters say what? Teamsters say what? 40 Hours! NOT 50 Hours.

FORCED OVERTIME IS A FAILURE OF OUR UNION!!!

I don't care if a company is unionized or not, forced overtime anywhere in America is CORPORATE SLAVERY!

johnnybgood

I need someone to explain something that is not obvious to me...

What is the problem with giving OT to part-timers by letting them deliver packages out of their personal vehicle?

Something about creating more full-time jobs and the pension, but I need someone to connect the dots for me.

- Thank you
The main thing is that the the company gets to save on not having to pay them a pension which goes into a fund that pays out those that work atleast 5 years. If you work less than 5 years that driver won't get any of that money that the company put into the pension fund. It's not that the union hates pvd's it's just that the company could be paying drivers to do that work by hiring more drivers that get a pension and health benefits etc etc.