Why is PVD Work for Part-Timers Not Good?

Let's use a real world scenario...

Let's say I have a total of 100 routes in my center, and 40 of the 100 routes are 20 to 30 stops heavy on any given day.

You guys are looking at it this way: You're saying if 40 routes on any given day have 20 stops to get rid of - that's 800 stops - that's 5 base cars(5 full-time driving jobs) each with about 160 stops that could be/should be added to the line-up on any given day.

I'm looking at it this way: I'm saying that not only is the volume across those 40 heavy routes likely too spread out across the map and coverage area to efficiently utilize base cars, but I'm also saying that UPS has never during the 20 years that I've worked there added those 5 base cars on any given day.

So that extra work would be perfect for a PVD, and not take away full-time jobs at all.
No those extra stops should be extra full time
Jobs

Come on man.

ThePackageDeli

No those extra stops should be extra full time
Jobs

Come on man.
Ya, but they haven't become extra full time jobs. They've never become extra full-time jobs... And drivers are left to deal with it. Drivers are left to deal with the excessive and unwanted overtime year after year after year with no solution to the problem while we wait for UPS to create more full time driving jobs. It's just not a realistic and pragmatic strategy to fix the problem.

Ya, but they haven't become extra full time jobs. They've never become extra full-time jobs... And drivers are left to deal with it. Drivers are left to deal with the excessive and unwanted overtime year after year after year with no solution to the problem while we wait for UPS to create more full time driving jobs. It's just not a realistic and pragmatic strategy to fix the problem.
Keep the faith that's all I can tell you

The company is loving how you are speaking

Thebrownblob

Let's use a real world scenario...

Let's say I have a total of 100 routes in my center, and 40 of the 100 routes are 20 to 30 stops heavy on any given day.

You guys are looking at it this way: You're saying if 40 routes on any given day have 20 stops to get rid of - that's 800 stops - that's 5 base cars(5 full-time driving jobs) each with about 160 stops that could be/should be added to the line-up on any given day.

I'm looking at it this way: I'm saying that not only is the volume across those 40 heavy routes likely too spread out across the map and coverage area to efficiently utilize base cars, but I'm also saying that UPS has never during the 20 years that I've worked there added those 5 base cars on any given day.

All that extra work would be perfect for a PVD, and not take away full-time jobs at all.
Lol 160 stops? What are you a runner?

Thebrownblob

What are you talking about? There is no problem. We have 9.5 protection and we have eight hour days. If people can’t figure out how to work, using the methods to save their body, nothing will ever help. Most of the same guy who complained about the hours were runners who complained about the work and the hours and missing out on family time and then go to Feeders and demand there 12 every day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well when the majority of union employees WANT work taken from them, because they’re tired or lazy or their body hurts from getting “screwed” for weeks and months and years on end, at what point do you give the people what they want? The people want help.
You’ll make every excuse in the world huh.

Thebrownblob

Which is all I have been doing for months now. Finally making delivery drivers do their own work.
You could’ve personally filed a grievance at any time and made it stop but of course we know you didn’t want to, and we know you didn’t care that you were providing cover for the company to not hire.

Thebrownblob

Well when the majority of union employees WANT work taken from them, because they’re tired or lazy or their body hurts from getting “screwed” for weeks and months and years on end, at what point do you give the people what they want? The people want help.
L O L you sound like our negotiating team from 2018. They came up with a 22.4 thinking we would love the idea, when what we really wanted was just more full-time drivers not a lower paid driver.

Shorts365

Bruh I’m the queen of 8&Skate but I’ll never let someone come and take stops off me unless it’s literally 9:30pm.