Why is UPS management considered: "The Dark Side"?

Boulevard859710

I learned along time ago that :censored2: rolls downhill. Before I blame the person right above me for giving me an insane order, I always consider the command came from some out of touch :censored2: way above them.

oldngray

nowhere special
7c37cac52f715c65fc03cf08d5123a3b.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As A Sup, you have 10 trailers in your area to be loaded and 9 loaders.
The Bosses tell you staffing is only 7 for a given day, and they don't want to see any trailers backed up with packages.
The next day, you are greeted with interrigation by your Bosses
"why were the trailers backed up?" Can't you get your loaders to go any faster?"
"If you can't motivate your team to get the job done, say so, and will get someone who can"
"You have 3 more days to get the job done, or you are out the door!"
"Now, you get work NOW on having these folks work and earn their checks! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
I am hourly, but witnessed this with my Sup and their boss going through this just feet from me.
Lol that's why being a PT sup sucks. I'm not moving any faster if you micromanage me....if you get nasty or raise your voice, I will slow to a safe snail's pace.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
I've been a preloader for about 1 year. And enjoy working here at UPS. It's a good fit for me while in college.

Why is management (supervisor, administrative, non-driver, etc.) considered "the dark side"?

Doesn't seem like a bad gig to me? Fair pay, full time job, working administrative duties and so forth.

I've heard: Don't go management--don't sell your soul to the devil.

Realistically, what is so bad about doing that type of work? There are people willing to do it. So it can't be that bad, can it?
"Search your feelings Luke! You know it to be true! No one can resist the power of the Dark Side! Join me, and you and I will rule the galaxy as Father and Son!"

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
They're never satisfied. Numbers is all they care about. I could maybe attain them if the streets were clear and free of traffic.
And there were no CODs, everybody sighned within 30 seconds, there was no darkness, no weather, every load was perfect, no green light of death to interrupt your day... I could go on, but I don't feel I need to.

chris9834

If I was you I wouldnt do it, theres some good sups out there dont get me wrong but ill tell you 1st hand when I was in the warehouse I would be loading with a guy then next thing you know he gets a marron shirt and he goes from being a pt good loader to a pt buddyh bc thats what you are to ur ft imo, then you have to start paying for insurance and what 1 pt sup told me if you dont do what they say then they fire you and then you no longer have protection from the union. There is good mgrs that really care about this company but as someone already stated on this post the higher up's make them do unethical things and thats where it becomes a problem. I see alot of college students like you that go in to mgmt bc it is a mgmt position and it sounds like a resume builder. My advice is screw the extra hrs and the couple dollar raise your gunna have to pay 100 and some change a month for insurance there went your raise for the most part. Just finish up your degree then get a mgmt job else where that takes good care of all involved.

Lol that's why being a PT sup sucks. I'm not moving any faster if you micromanage me....if you get nasty or raise your voice, I will slow to a safe snail's pace.
EXACTLY.....and you'd b the one to get sent home early or at start time.....even if ur one time, lol. So yea, that type of attitude will have u with a $100 dollar check. I've seen this behavior numerous times. Money will make u change your mind

EXACTLY.....and you'd b the one to get sent home early or at start time.....even if ur one time, lol. So yea, that type of attitude will have u with a $100 dollar check. I've seen this behavior numerous times. Money will make u change your mind
Or the lack of. Sups talk amongst eachother. So u might think ur getting over but in the long run you'd b looked over. Smh, it's sad how the work ethics suck. Get a REAL JOB and see if u can get away with that type of behavior......that's prob. y ur still a loader or unloader, lol