Why shouldn't we strike?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I used to cut them all off when I covered a route. Then a few drivers chewed my ass. Lmao
That's a 100x better than pissing in the back of a package car into a bottle and have have of it go on the floor...driver comes back and his truck smells like an outhouse... Ummm nope I'll take the first thing... Some of these old drivers are drama queens..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's a 100x better than pissing in the back of a package car into a bottle and have have of it go on the floor...driver comes back and his truck smells like an outhouse... Ummm nope I'll take the first thing... Some of these old drivers are drama queens..
It was all I could do not to laugh.

Man where is my strap? What the :censored2: happened to my strap? Well it was on here when I left Friday!!!!

Chill out dude.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
W

What is a PT driver?

Well technically I am a "pre loader" driver... I work preload during the week and drive on Saturday Air and am allowed to drive like 5 months out of the year "seasonal" summer and Christmas from November to January 15th I believe.
However the classification is pre loader/seasonal driver. Sorry for the confusion.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My first day is next week.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1472686765.869913.jpg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Well technically I am a "pre loader" driver... I work preload during the week and drive on Saturday Air and am allowed to drive like 5 months out of the year "seasonal" summer and Christmas from November to January 15th I believe.
However the classification is pre loader/seasonal driver. Sorry for the confusion.
And how long have you been doing this?

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
And how long have you been doing this?

Listen if your working up to a rant about how a greenhorn shouldn't talk save me the BS... " Oh wait until youve done it 10 or 20 years then you'll get it " ... etc... etc...
Obviously from the last few days posting on here I've figured out the problem is green horns don't engage and or vote.
Granted I've got an advantage that most don't from teamsters and union pacific, where my brother is still employed, My Grandfather was a union steward and Uncle was a Union steward for Car haulers division. But the UPS system in comparison is horrid. Heck I was even flat out lied to about my starting pay was going to be 15 on preload. When they called me I had applied as a driver and worked preload/helper the previous christmas but they said they was interested in hiring me as a driver because they was needing drivers so they wanted to start me on preload for a couple weeks until they could get me into driver school... now to a UPS outsider doesnt that sound like your getting hired to be a UPS driver? Nothing was ever mentioned that they needed Saturday/Seasonal drivers. And to stay qualified for that I have to stay on this minimum wage preload job! What a bunch of BS!
You guys even realize how raw of a deal your getting compared to say the railroad. Start pay just doing track work "very unskilled work" was I believe 23 or 28 You put in seven 10 or 12 hour days and then your off a week. I believe per diem was like 150 per day and health is just as good but the retirement is better.
So yes I'm very interested in discussing all sides of a possible strike and figuring out what all I can do to help make some type of change.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
First off, paragraphs and sentence structure are your friends. If you want to be taken as serious as you seem to project, communicate with some comprehension.

Second, it was a simple question. Calm down Nancy.

You seem to have some hell bent anger and chip on your shoulder about your situation at ups.

Why don't you channel that aggression into something more useful that could actually change the situation, like voting and getting involved with the union more?

Or just keep ranting. Whatever works for you kid.

PT Car Washer

Okay I can understand that. I do sort of the same thing along with some other PTers. Feast or famine with no guarantee of hours other then your 3 1/2 PT. Hard way to make a living unless you do not want to commit to a FT 30 years till you can retire driver job.