Why shouldn't we strike?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I didn't work here when we did strike, but aren't we still dealing with some of those ramifications? Mainly the birth of FedEx Ground?
Nope. FedEx was going to start that up regardless of us striking. We just lost volume because people stopped going exclusively with us and hedged their bets by using both of us

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Nope. FedEx was going to start that up regardless of us striking. We just lost volume because people stopped going exclusively with us and hedged their bets by using both of us

We gave away a ton of business that we never got back. I got to use all of my Personal days in November of 97. That's how slow we were.

IMG_1664.JPG

Number one reason we shouldn't strike? @RonBurgandy?????????? is serving ripped roll throw up dogs on the picket line.

Mr. Marshall

Potential new employees are voting with their feet in my building and I live in the midwest with a lower living wage. You can make more money working at Walmart per week. Sad when Walmart is stealing all of our quality workers.
IMO this wasn't true as I started at $9 (preload) when the jobs I left to take it were paying $4.25 and one paid $5 (which was considered really good) and that was about typical of the market and we pretty much had the same turnover back then as we did now.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You think it's a joke ??
You have wife , kids , mortgage???
For those of us who lived it , it's not a fn party or a joke !!!
Grow up !!!
Who's fault is all of that life noise, though?
It used to be that union meant, living so they COULD strike, within their means. That was the beauty of it.
Union to most people, means being overpaid and buying a bunch junk "toys", and living a life they can't afford.

Good luck with that 'Murica :D

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Who's fault is all of that life noise, though?
It used to be that union meant, living so they COULD strike, within their means. That was the beauty of it.
Union to most people, means being overpaid and buying a bunch junk "toys", and living a life they can't afford.

Good luck with that 'Murica :D
51JE8RRA2ZL.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if you guys strike, I'll be there . maybe go to Costco and get burgers and dogs and cold drinks.

we'll party like it's 1997.! big turnout at first and the attendance dwindled everyday. One day I was the only one on the picket line along with a pilot that wasn't on strike but spent the day on line for solidarity.