Why shouldn't we strike?

CoryAndTrevor

The majority of people work 9 to 5?

I only know one person that pulls those hours consistently and she doesn't make :censored2:.

Apparently I was misinformed. I did some reading around the innernette, and yeah the consensus does seem to be that 9 to 5 is a thing of the past. My dad, with an engineering degree, has worked 9 to 5, sometimes 9 to 6, for the past forty years, so I guess I just assumed it was normal. That plus the Dolly Parton song.

Point being, it's :censored2:ing stupid to work your life away.

That's just called life.

In America, yes it is. Now I'm not saying I'd rather live in Europe (although I may just do that if Trump gets another 4 years), but the tendency to overwork is not a fact of life, it's an American cultural thing. Not the same in Europe.

U.S. Workers Put in Staggeringly More Hours Than Europeans Do

Chilly Willie

First off. Shut up with that and 90% of my co workers are overpaid. No educated fools pulling in 80,000+ with benifits...
What are the benefits? we work 60 plus hours per week all year long. if you have 8 hours available on Friday you have to work Saturday. People have a physical breaking point, and sometimes its not just about the money, its about a quality of life... some places 80 K is below the poverty line.

PT Car Washer

What are the benefits? we work 60 plus hours per week all year long. if you have 8 hours available on Friday you have to work Saturday. People have a physical breaking point, and sometimes its not just about the money, its about a quality of life... some places 80 K is below the poverty line.
Where do you live that $80k/yr is below the poverty line. We have drivers that everyday are back to the building by 5 PM.

JL 0513

Apparently I was misinformed. I did some reading around the innernette, and yeah the consensus does seem to be that 9 to 5 is a thing of the past. My dad, with an engineering degree, has worked 9 to 5, sometimes 9 to 6, for the past forty years, so I guess I just assumed it was normal. That plus the Dolly Parton song.

Point being, it's :censored2:ing stupid to work your life away.

Most people that get out at 5 start at 8am. It's state law in many states to take a 1 hour lunch. So to get your 40 hrs means being at work for 45 hours a week. That's minimum, no overtime.

In America, yes it is. Now I'm not saying I'd rather live in Europe (although I may just do that if Trump gets another 4 years), but the tendency to overwork is not a fact of life, it's an American cultural thing. Not the same in Europe.

U.S. Workers Put in Staggeringly More Hours Than Europeans Do

People love to compare us to Europe. Why do you think our GDP is more than all of Europe combined while Europe has 2.3X the population of the US? We enjoy our standard of living and work for it. How homes are twice the size, our cars are twice the size. Everything is bigger and better here.

JL 0513

You're telling me that drivers punch out at 10pm every night? Give me a break.