Why shouldn't we strike?

CoryAndTrevor

Hey serious question here, you guys are talking about missing your families grow up. I'm a cover driver, eventually looking toward full time driver, stuck in local sort for the time being because not enough sups to train new drivers. Should I look forward to twelve hour days all the time when I start driving full time? Honestly I went into this expecting a forty hour week, maybe fiifty to sixty just during peak. HR did not hint otherwise. What's the deal? It seems messed up that they would mislead driver candidates about hours to the degree you're intimating. Although naivete has alwasys been a thing for me I guess.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I talked to a FedEx Express driver yesterday at 3:00 pm. He said he had three stops left. They can't handle crap.
FedEx was on the road delivering while we were waiting for our sort to finish.
Somtimes I see them delivering my area before I ever leave the house to drive to work.

CoryAndTrevor

But the way I see it, I'm motivated to work UPS because I can make a decent, nay luxurious in my opinion, living at 40 to 50 hours a week, off peak, at a driver's hourly rate. I am not motivated to work 12 hours a day five days a week year round, never seeing my wife or kids except on weekends, if that's the case. The alternative to that isn't more work for less money at a crappier job, it's save up for a few years, finish getting a bachelor's degree in engineering or something similar and get a normal 9 to 5 job like the majority of the working population. I'm afraid I don't follow your logic.