Why the 6 Hour Dispatches on Mondays?

Local 243's supplement/rider is one of the supplements that has not been ratified or issued for another vote.

UPS mgmt. has been under-dispatching drivers on Mondays. And not by 10 minutes or so...….Under-Dispatching by at least an hour.

So; what's the problem? inquiring minds want to know; while; the minds in the know... know.

It appears to be a another potential NLRB violation.

UPS and the union have repeatedly informed RPCD's (current package car drivers) that staffing would remain about the same if/when 22.4s come in. UPS and the Hoffa team have no reason to believe that to be true.

So; in order to attempt to stick to that Hoffa/UPS bargaining provided info; and since the model for 22.4s is essentially in place in every center now, that being; that most, if not all centers are utilizing T-S drivers; UPS appears to be misleading current low seniority drivers into believing that the driver staffing levels on Mondays will remain consistent. UPS is inflating/padding the number of drivers working Mondays. (unless UPS keeps these under-dispatched staffing levels in place after ratification)

UPS is working low seniority drivers on Mondays in a feeble attempt to lull these drivers into voting Yes on the 243 and possibly other yet to be ratified supplements.

Since when has UPS ever had 20% or more of a center under dispatched by more than an hour? 2 drivers working 12 hours has always been the MO as opposed to 3 working 8 hours. So something is rotten here.

What's worse is that UPS has been stealing time from numerous drivers by changing those drivers' Code 06 (guaranteed 8 hour paid day) to a Code 05 (actual hour paid day) without notifying the affected drivers.

And; Now the drivers and our very competent stewards are holding UPS to the 8 hour guaranteed paid day. UPS Mgmt has pushed back. Many package car drivers fear retaliation from UPS will be forthcoming. UPS has a history of retaliation; especially in the Central Region.

Drivers are discharged for stealing small amounts of time from UPS (and UPS has the right to fire those drivers)…..so how does UPS get away with not being forthright and stealing time from Package Car Drivers?

Are other not yet ratified supplement members being forced to undergo the same, less than forthright and dishonest treatment?
This is what the package drivers wanted. The new language is going to make the RPCD classification a low hour job. The union will tell you “if you want OT then go to 22.4 or feeders”!

browned out

The 243 Metro Detroit supplement will not be passed without major improvements and/or clarification. The other supplements that have been voted down have many of the same obvious issues that we have. There is a lot of communication going on between the concerned members of these locals.

Voting incompetent union officials out (Dallas, NY and others) has already occurred; But; that in and of itself will not fix this garbage forced thru CBA.

Other legal issues will correct the deficiencies of what Hoffa/Taylor have attempted to push thru.

This is not a Robert Muller investigation. It will not take years. The info will be out as soon Hoffa/Taylor declare the entire agreement ratified despite the votes of the membership.

So sad. Come on Hoffa/Taylor/243 and the other locals with outstanding supplements...……...FIX IT. thanks

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The 243 Metro Detroit supplement will not be passed without major improvements and/or clarification. The other supplements that have been voted down have many of the same obvious issues that we have. There is a lot of communication going on between the concerned members of these locals.

Voting incompetent union officials out (Dallas, NY and others) has already occurred; But; that in and of itself will not fix this garbage forced thru CBA.

Other legal issues will correct the deficiencies of what Hoffa/Taylor have attempted to push thru.

Is your side job, some sort of legal litigation ?

Because, unless you are a practicing attorney.... this is pure TDU nonsense.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

This is not a Robert Muller investigation. It will not take years. The info will be out as soon Hoffa/Taylor declare the entire agreement ratified despite the votes of the membership.

So sad. Come on Hoffa/Taylor/243 and the other locals with outstanding supplements...……...FIX IT. thanks

@BigUnionGuy instead of this typical rhetoric you continue to embrace, why not tell us what specifically you don't agree with???

....because whether what @browned out is posting is "actual and factual", or not, they are coming off as more knowledgeable than you and your tired, broken, played out, nobody cares, you're TDU "nonsense".

Come on Pal, you're better than that!!!

~Bbbl~™

browned out

No; I am not a practicing attorney; although; you kinda are on the right track. And it has nothing to do with TDU, Teamster United, or any other anti-Hoffa/Taylor/Hall group. It has to do with NLRB, DOL, etc. cases and SCOTUS precedent.

Type www.google.com into your browser; or preferably; go on www.pacer.gov search for cases re: duty of fair representation; and shazam; it will be an enlightening moment for you. ;Well: not a moment; more like hours.... you will literally have to read thru a couple hundred cases; but you can read.

As I have stated over and over again. Redundantly. No Teamster wants to file charges against the Teamsters regarding these still, easily addressable duty of fair representation during contract negotiations issues.

If you could use some of your substantial Teamster influence to enlighten 243, and the other yet to be voted on supplement Locals; that would be fantastic.

There is still plenty of time to correct this behavior, be forthright and fulfill the duty of fair representation.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! HELP BETTER THE TEAMSTERS. THE UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS INVOLVED IN BATTLE OF THE OVERPASS, THE MEMPHIS SANTITATION STRIKE, AND ALL THE OTHER HARD FOUGHT LABOR STRIKES WOULD EXPECT BETTER. (RIP AND RESPECT TO ALL UNION WORKERS WHO PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE)

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@BigUnionGuy instead of this typical rhetoric you continue to embrace, why not tell us what specifically you don't agree with???

@browned out sounds like he's reading a script.

If not, he's spent too much time on the internet.... and is trying to draw

parallels to other "types" of cases. In a very passive aggressive manner.

Like somehow, he/she thinks the IBT is reading this and are :censored2:ting their pants.

....because whether what @browned out is posting is "actual and factual", or not

That's just it.

I don't think it's actual or factual. There are too many holes in the presentation.

they are coming off as more knowledgeable than you and your tired, broken, played out, nobody cares, you're TDU "nonsense".

Come on Pal, you're better than that!!!

I don't know who @browned out is, nor do I care.

The constant references to the current things TDU is saying, just makes me believe

he's not who he says he is.... or is being "fed" talking points.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No; I am not a practicing attorney

I would have never guessed that.

As I have stated over and over again. Redundantly. No Teamster wants to file charges against the Teamsters regarding these still, easily addressable duty of fair representation during contract negotiations issues.

Do you think, because a small minority of members don't get what they want

that's somehow.... a failure of DFR ? You can't be serious.

If you could use some of your substantial Teamster influence to enlighten 243, and the other yet to be voted on supplement Locals; that would be fantastic.

The voting members.... are the one's that will make a difference.

-Bug-

browned out

I would have never guessed that.

Do you think, because a small minority of members don't get what they want

that's somehow.... a failure of DFR ? You can't be serious.

The voting members.... are the one's that will make a difference.

-Bug-

A small minority of members?

Over 50% voted the debacle CBA down.

That number of votes should tell Hoffa/Taylor something. Look to the latest Teamster national convention showing the member/fat cat disconnect.
Someone at the National level should be cognizant enough to recognize that the machine that is in place is broken.

When you have over 80% of the delegates at the most recent Teamster convention wearing red vests supporting a candidate; that is not an issue. What is the issue is that these Hoffa slap peters are out of touch with the rank and file. Approximately 50% of teamsters voted for Hoffa's opponent. If the Canadian vote was excluded; Hoffa would not be in charge of our union.

Hoffa barely won.

The Delegates were not representative of the Teamster hourlys.

The gravy train has hit its last stop. Here is an a TDU piece. First John Coli, Now Becky Strzechowski Voting 'em out is not a trend.

Leadership will lead.

And....Again brothers and sisters; I am not a TDU member or a Teamsters United member.

I am a Teamster. hooray

Last edited: