Why the 8 hour dispatch?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If I decided to take my breaks and lunch at appropriate time frames AND delivered all business before residential they'd have a bigger headache.
Yes I always chain up.
I don't walk or pull away like I'm in a hurry. Work and drive safely and correct. I get your points, but I've been doing things quite right for many many years, which is why I run far over my time.
If you all ran your routes very correctly you would be very far over as well. It can't be avoided.

Not sure what to say friend, I've had plenty of babysitters riding with me over the years (even a 3 day with the district or division guy, forget which one) checking on me. They get a much better idea of what I'm doing when they are out there with me than a virtual. All say I am doing a good job even when the report shows at least 1.5 over on a ride-a-long. So why don't they add that time I ask. Of course I know it will never happen. Just the same as they know I will never change the way I go about my day.
Time allowances are unreliable especially when you attempt to start the discipline process. Any steward with half a brain articulate that to management.

What they get drivers on are 3 day’s and the driver demonstrating an average SPORH. Then they get them on “Failure to Follow Instructions”. Generally they can get it to stick.

Now with the new language in regards to technology and discipline I’m telling
everyone to follow your methods and to always work as directed.

rpoz11

Anyone who can’t live life at 40 hours per week it’s your own fault. This is the greatest job ever if we could work 40 hours. I was on a shift job last week and worked 8 every day. $1400 bucks to drive a shifter around the yard listening to music.

Maybe your regions economy is better aligned with that than mine.

Cost of Living has different values across our great land.

I don't mind the extra work.
And I've never been on any 9.5 list.

9.5 drivers vs NON 9.5 drivers is where the cuts are happening first here.

I'm a bit curious as to how the language will be fair for both sides of the argument.

ManInBrown

Maybe your regions economy is better aligned with that than mine.

Cost of Living has different values across our great land.

I don't mind the extra work.
And I've never been on any 9.5 list.

9.5 drivers vs NON 9.5 drivers is where the cuts are happening first here.

I'm a bit curious as to how the language will be fair for both sides of the argument.
I live in the most expensive state in the country, in one of the most expensive counties. New Jersey. My money goes nowhere but that’s why there’s this cool thing called a budget. Don’t overextend yourself.

vvv

Time allowances are unreliable especially when you attempt to start the discipline process. Any steward with half a brain articulate that to management.

What they get drivers on are 3 day’s and the driver demonstrating an average SPORH. Then they get them on “Failure to Follow Instructions”. Generally they can get it to stick.

Now with the new language in regards to technology and discipline I’m telling
everyone to follow your methods and to always work as directed.

I hear you on all the stuff in general. Believe me in that I've been here awhile and have been thru it all. Had a good amount of 3 day averages demonstrated yet I still go about my business and get the route done daily as need be regardless of frivolous numbers I demonstrate.

No accidents, no injuries, no making stupid mistakes keeps me clean and not worrying about anything.
I changed my personal methods out there many moons ago in regards to working very clean and correct. My ways and pattern are firmly established now, far before the hyper technology came out.
When it did many drivers were fritzing out because they corner cut in different aspects. I could care less and it was busy as usual and didn't have to make adjustments because I was not shirking the system.

Just work properly and best wishes.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

If I decided to take my breaks and lunch at appropriate time frames AND delivered all business before residential they'd have a bigger headache.
Yes I always chain up.
I don't walk or pull away like I'm in a hurry. Work and drive safely and correct. I get your points, but I've been doing things quite right for many many years, which is why I run far over my time.
If you all ran your routes very correctly you would be very far over as well. It can't be avoided.

Not sure what to say friend, I've had plenty of babysitters riding with me over the years (even a 3 day with the district or division guy, forget which one) checking on me. They get a much better idea of what I'm doing when they are out there with me than a virtual. All say I am doing a good job even when the report shows at least 1.5 over on a ride-a-long. So why don't they add that time I ask. Of course I know it will never happen. Just the same as they know I will never change the way I go about my day.
Sorry to burst your bubble if you were using methods according to the report i saw at the end of the six pages the driver in question would have bonused by 1.05 hours. Welcome to discipline by technology via methods

Mind your own business.
3o7TKykDLRzye5Szn2.gif

vvv

Sorry to burst your bubble if you were using methods according to the report i saw at the end of the six pages the driver in question would have bonused by 1.05 hours. Welcome to discipline by technology via methods

Not sure what your deal is buddy, I can absolutely give a crap what their technology says......I honestly don't care. I am so hardened by now nothing fazes me.
But again good luck and hope you can see this thru without them getting to you because it seems they are consuming your attention and playing with your mind.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Sorry to burst your bubble if you were using methods according to the report i saw at the end of the six pages the driver in question would have bonused by 1.05 hours.
Welcome
Not sure what your deal is buddy, I can absolutely give a crap what their technology says......I honestly don't care. I am so hardened by now nothing fazes me.
But again good luck and hope you can see this thru without them getting to you because it seems they are consuming your attention and playing with your mind.
Oh no not really however, ive talked to several lawyers, one who writes labor contracts for a living, just relying to you what hes experience of 31 years is saying. Look the first step in avoiding a trap is knowing of its existence. The first step in falling for a trap sounds alot like, " i can absolutely give a crap about what their technology says." Look, lets you and me be honest for a minute, you dont pay my bills, and i dont pay yours, fair enough? So, what do i gain taking time away from my family, talking to you about this? Maybe nothing, what do i gain if im right and save you heartbreak, nothing again...maybe. Look you may not agree with me thats up to you. However do yourself and those who depend on you a favor and reread the technology and discipline section again. Maybe you see what a labor lawyer with 31 years, brought to my attention maybe you dont. I trust him as much as ill trust any lawyer, that said have. Good night and may the Gods ever smile upon you and those you care for. JRyan

vvv

Welcome

Oh no not really however, ive talked to several lawyers, one who writes labor contracts for a living, just relying to you what hes experience of 31 years is saying. Look the first step in avoiding a trap is knowing of its existence. The first step in falling for a trap sounds alot like, " i can absolutely give a crap about what their technology says." Look, lets you and me be honest for a minute, you dont pay my bills, and i dont pay yours, fair enough? So, what do i gain taking time away from my family, talking to you about this? Maybe nothing, what do i gain if im right and save you heartbreak, nothing again...maybe. Look you may not agree with me thats up to you. However do yourself and those who depend on you a favor and reread the technology and discipline section again. Maybe you see what a labor lawyer with 31 years, brought to my attention maybe you dont. I trust him as much as ill trust any lawyer, that said have. Good night and may the Gods ever smile upon you and those you care for. JRyan

Yep, they definitely got to you and have you thinking extra. Toss a bunch of papers and numbers in you and/or co-workers faces and have you all on edge.

An old sup of mine did that long ago when they started using tech data. Came to me with a handful of papers with all the minutes breakdown between deliveries and pickups for the entire day. I was running a MINIMUM of 3 and sometimes near 4 hours over a day.

He asked me to explain myself and you know what I told him "Mr. Ryan"?

I said "you know what XXXXX, I was very hungry that day and also wanted to keep all the restaurants on my route in business. So besides my regular lunch I took an additional 4 lunches, I'm sure you can see all the extra 50 minute gaps in your paperwork. Therefore I was stealing time and I think you should fire me".

That's exactly how it went down, he had a strange look on his face, I asked if he had anything else to say, nothing more from him, and I carried on to start my work day as usual.

On a side note, if I had to guess and I could be wrong.....but from the sound of things you have about 10-15 years in here at most and might be a tad worried about your future here with the way things are going and company direction.
Myself, again I really don't care. I'm in position years wise that I can walk in today and say I quit, or if they found something on me and brought that "stack of paperwork" to me you speak of and had just cause to release me I will be ok as well. Suppose I am locked in and biding my time now.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We just got the word at PCM this morning.....9.5 through peak. We've got so many new faces I feel like it's a completely different building. 7 in training so far, 2 already passed.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
We just got the word at PCM this morning.....9.5 through peak. We've got so many new faces I feel like it's a completely different building. 7 in training so far, 2 already passed.
They are finally shelling out the dividend money. Tight wads?