Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Trucker Clock

I'm glad to see this. If we want to force the company to create boatloads of FT jobs, then we will have to strike -- are you ready?

Where are these "boatloads" of FT jobs coming from?

Some hubs may be able to create FT jobs combining back to back sorts, but the majority of UPS operations are centers. These usually only run 2 shifts. The morning preload and evening local, or reload. Even most of the hubs have hours between sorts.

The only way to create FT jobs there is to split shift. Work 4 hours in the morning and then 4 hours in the evening. Or 4 hours at a hub on one sort, take 4 hours off, and then come in for another 4 hours.

I agree, there can be some FT jobs created, but boatloads? Yea, right. Unless you want to split shift.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The only way to create FT jobs there is to split shift. Work 4 hours in the morning and then 4 hours in the evening. Or 4 hours at a hub on one sort, take 4 hours off, and then come in for another 4 hours.

I agree, there can be some FT jobs created, but boatloads? Yea, right. Unless you want to split shift.
No, you have people work in the building then drive. Or drive then work in the building. Kind of exactly like what the union and company lied to the membership about what the 22.4 classification would be doing.

nWo

Where are these "boatloads" of FT jobs coming from?

Some hubs may be able to create FT jobs combining back to back sorts, but the majority of UPS operations are centers. These usually only run 2 shifts. The morning preload and evening local, or reload. Even most of the hubs have hours between sorts.

In my building the practically beg part timers to double shift. While not ideal I think the position should be offered. It would suck to have to go to UPS twice a day but most of our part timers are already going to work twice a day anyways. Would be another path to ft employment.