Will Hall distance himself from Hoffa as 2016 gets closer

Ron Carey lives on

Jim Casey invited the Teamsters to organize his work force (fact) . He felt that skilled labor paid off in the long run. So Nanook, not committing on sup's spouses losing insurance

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Can't read the post? Just throw insults and mud in the hope that it sticks because you can't have a rational discussion and answer the question. NO, it is not simple and your rhetorical question demonstrates how thoughtful you are. I will assume you are not a driver and your discussion is aimed at the plight of part-timers or it is otherwise nearly impossible to take you serious about peanut pay. Did you not notice where I addressed a part-timer work conditions that impacts a part-timer's ability to make a living wage in this very thread?

What exactly is "people" like me? How the hell do you know my attitude about a fair wage? What exactly is a fair wage? Are wages the only component of compensation? What exactly is fair compensation?
First of all, I read your post that I was responding to and there was no mention of part timers in said post. The post I was responding to was implying that Teamsters should get less of the pie and non union corporations profit more. This to me was a slap in the face to all hard working Teamsters, especially U.P.Sers. You see for my money U.P.Sers are one of, if not the hardest working employees in this country and to imply that we may be undeserving of our "overall" compensation pkg." Is quite frankly irresponsible and disrespectful. To answer your question a "fair wage" in collective bargaining is the negotiated wage that both the bargaining unit members and the Company agree to. Your heroes,the non Union employees out in the corporate world get paid whatever their greedy corporations deem fit. Peanuts or no peanuts.

959Nanook

Your heroes,the non Union employees out in the corporate world get paid whatever their greedy corporations deem fit. Peanuts or no peanuts.

Innuendo, innuendo, innuendo... You have no idea who my heroes are. My great-grandfather (the first Ray Xxxxxxx) was UMWA and my father watched his grandmother die in a UMWA hospital. My father (the third Ray Xxxxxx) worked in a UAW plant that is now razed. He is retired LIUNA and IBT in Central States. He was able to care for my sickly mother with union-negotiated insurance. He wouldn't own a foreign car and didn't shop at non-union retailers on the lists circulated by the unions. I (the fourth Ray Xxxxxx) worked in a plant that is now closed while it was organizing to become UAW and I am now IBT. I won't consider buying a car unless it was union-assembled (current one is UAW Local 1112 at GM Lordstown Assembly). Tell me again about my non-union heroes...

You clearly have no idea what my politics are or how those politics inform my view of corporations (those who hire union or those who do not). I am not even going into with you but I will leave it at you don't have a clue... you just want to throw mud.

Last edited:

959Nanook

959nanook, since you are speaking from a management standpoint. What did you think about supervisors spouses getting the shaft on insurance?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Speaking from a management standpoint... If anything I speak from a shareholder point of view. I am empathetic of supervisors and management who have seen seen their compensation stagnate or cut. Not really my lane though and how in the world does it really relate to the original post that you made? I thought we were talking Hall in the next IBT election because of the outcome of the current NMA or some such thing...