Will Hall distance himself from Hoffa as 2016 gets closer

10 point

If you saw a pension statement from a 40 year driver you would say wow! Most of their years they received the bonus years and no reductions in the contribution rate. I would say mine after 30 years is $5200.00 gross in late 2016. Theirs could be over $7000.00. These are western pension numbers. These guys also were part of the old thrift plan which made bank when it was around. When it was discontinued they rolled it over into ups stock mostly. If I was a 40 year driver I would be well off in the west. If these 40 year drivers are making $100,000.00 a year driving and not collecting a $7000.00 a month pension, well you do the math. These are crude examples of course, just trying to show how much money is being left on the table.
Under....the table?

Tell that to a part-timers in southern California that has to wait 10+ years to go full-time. Do you think they can survive on their UPS salary? These people have two to three jobs just to survive.
So did I. It's part of the trade off. Your cost of living sucks but the weather is a big part of the reason for that. You don't hear me crying about last winter when it was -10 degrees where I live. Is it my fault I can get a 3200 square foot home for 230k.

This starts out as a part time job not a part time career. I feel for part time America I really do but when I was part time I was a full time garbage man meat cutter and landscaper at times.

By The Book

Under....the table?
I know the market went down, and with that our pension fund needed shoring up but with the market up to where it is now combined with lowering the funding percentage, and with putting more than ever into the pot we should be getting some of that back at some point. Show me the money!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So did I. It's part of the trade off. Your cost of living sucks but the weather is a big part of the reason for that. You don't hear me crying about last winter when it was -10 degrees where I live. Is it my fault I can get a 3200 square foot home for 230k.

This starts out as a part time job not a part time career. I feel for part time America I really do but when I was part time I was a full time garbage man meat cutter and landscaper at times.
This is the same mindset that many of our elected union officials seem to have.
They are hungry and bent on making things right, until they get elected, reeled in and are made a member of the "Good Old Boys" club.
It doesn't take long for them to forget where they came from and what they promised to get elected.

Are you really saying that nobody should aspire to have a full time career at UPS outside of management?

10 point

Was that a union meat cutting job.... maybe at a packing house or Rini Rinos?

This is the same mindset that many of our elected union officials seem to have.
They are hungry and bent on making things right, until they get elected, reeled in and are made a member of the "Good Old Boys" club.
It doesn't take long for them to forget where they came from and what they promised to get elected.

Are you really saying that nobody should aspire to have a full time career at UPS outside of management?
If you ever want to :censored2: and get off the pot and see how it really works you should jump at the chance to do it. Sitting here armchair quarterbacking on an Internet forum about what you would do or criticizing old guard leaders. Maybe it's time you got in office and start swimming upstream. Going against the grain. Hopefully you get in while you are young because it's a long road getting elected every three years killing yourself for people that will turn around and bad mouth yiu once you are done helping them. Sometimes I really like some of the stuff you have to say and sometimes I think you think you think you are the smartest guy in the room. Once others pick up on this you will have this against you and then it screws your members. Which leads to a new administration every three years.

Irishman Collins

If you ever want to :censored2: and get off the pot and see how it really works you should jump at the chance to do it. Sitting here armchair quarterbacking on an Internet forum about what you would do or criticizing old guard leaders. Maybe it's time you got in office and start swimming upstream. Going against the grain. Hopefully you get in while you are young because it's a long road getting elected every three years killing yourself for people that will turn around and bad mouth yiu once you are done helping them. Sometimes I really like some of the stuff you have to say and sometimes I think you think you think you are the smartest guy in the room. Once others pick up on this you will have this against you and then it screws your members. Which leads to a new administration every three years.
I guess the patriots of this country shouldn't of " gone against the grain" as well? If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything! Please don't criticize people who stand up against the wrongdoings of this current administration. If everyone just fell in line. There would be no checks and balances.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm trying boss and you know it.
I don't operate under the same dynamics you do.
My statements are made just like yours, from first hand experience.
We simply aren't looking out the same window.
Be thankful.

10 point

When you pour a quart of good oil into a five gallon pail of used oil you get what appears to still be old, diluted oil.

Its a waste of time and money.

You have to change almost all of the oil to new to get a quality product.

I'm trying boss and you know it.
I don't operate under the same dynamics you do.
My statements are made just like yours, from first hand experience.
We simply aren't looking out the same window.
Be thankful.
I thank everyone that's helped me very much. I shoot out an inspirational text of get on the horn. I am always putting my arm around my people and letting anyone know I not only support them but also I have their back. Getting a guy like me on your side is a gift. Not to toot my own horn but I'm crazy. Everyone should have someone on their side that is in fact a little crazy.

By The Book

Has there ever been a steward elected to run their local and was in charge after the elections or any member for that matter., or do they always run on a slate and swim upstream and eventually conform.

10 point

Has there ever been a steward elected to run their local and was in charge after the elections or any member for that matter., or do they always run on a slate and swim upstream and eventually conform.
Depends on the local. There's some good ones and then there's some that just suck.