Will I ever get to be a driver?

eclement24

So I went to talk to my center manager the other day because back before peak I was told I could go to school around March and from there on possibly drive on some saturdays to get some time in. Well now it’s almost March and now we have 10 drivers laid off at the moment just sitting at home. I’m not even next in line to drive seniority wise either but close (3rd?). My question is, is UPS really struggling THAT bad? I mean doesn’t everyone order online nowadays? I’ve almost been with UPS for 2 years and just transferred to a different center because I heard it is easier to become a driver at the new center I’m at. Now I’m just wondering how much longer it’s going to be....

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So I went to talk to my center manager the other day because back before peak I was told I could go to school around March and from there on possibly drive on some saturdays to get some time in. Well now it’s almost March and now we have 10 drivers laid off at the moment just sitting at home. I’m not even next in line to drive seniority wise either but close (3rd?). My question is, is UPS really struggling THAT bad? I mean doesn’t everyone order online nowadays? I’ve almost been with UPS for 2 years and just transferred to a different center because I heard it is easier to become a driver at the new center I’m at. Now I’m just wondering how much longer it’s going to be....

Two whole years waiting for a full time job. You must have the patience of Job

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Omg TWO WHOLE YEARS!!!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Omg TWO WHOLE YEARS!!![/QUOTE
They over-hired in a few spots but the glut wont last long. This is your average January/February, cut city. The layoffs will stop come April.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

I've been sitting at home these last 3 days enjoying my refund check because there isn't enough work. As soon as I offer to take a route and give a route driver a day off, some senior cover driver comes over and bumps me. Literally had one take the DIAD out of my hand once the PCM finished.

It's how it goes here at UPS. You've got to put some time in before you start to reap the benefits. Trust me, it's a pain in the ass.

The volume drops at this time of the year plus you don't have a lot of people taking vacations

542thruNthru

Well judging by your teams. You're used to being a loser so just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

old levi's

blank space

Took me 12, (twelve), years; my heart breaks for you.

I had a fulltime job after the preload.

old levi's

blank space

FYI, your post means exactly the same without the : So,